Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-12

Changelog 1.3.0.13 (12.05.2013)

Ember Main:
- fixed: subtitle lock (Cocotus)
- fixed: renamed some video codecs to make it XBMC compatible (Cocotus)
- fixed: language overlay
- fixed: all setting pages sizes
- fixed: movie is watched when playcount is 0
- fixed: errorlog viewer not display errors
- fixed: file stacking not work with brackets "(CD1)" * Warning: XBMC does not support brackets
- fixed: search field lost focus when no title matched
- fixed: search field lost focus when the filter is changed (dropdown)
- changed: search filter refresh list when is changed (dropdown)
- added: "Role" & "Credit" to search field
- added: runtime format for episodes
- added: small fanart in main window
- added: button "Enable Poster Glass Overlay" (disabled by default)
- added: option "Full Country Names" in Native Scraper (IMDB) * If activated Ember use "United States of America" & "United Kingdom" instead of "USA" & "UK"
- added: default template for NMT module
- fixed/added: TMDB scraper no longer use plot as outline / new option "Use Plot As Outline If Outline Is Empty" and "Outline Limit" (works only with TMDB scraper atm)
How does the outline limit: Ember shortens the plot to the specified number of characters. The last point is searched. All characters after this point will be deleted. If the string should be empty only the first sentence of the plot is used.

Download links in my signature

(2013-05-12, 16:06)m.savazzi Wrote: major milestone reached

all data & image scrapers work
Smile

code is available under my trunk

what next
  • fix trailer scraper
  • fix other modules that depend on scrapers
  • fix all language string and help
  • (lower priority) code cleanup removing unused code and variables

I will probably assign it version 1.4 as there are major changes Smile
Cocotus, DanCooper, once I release the final code you'll need to re/apply the changes in version 1.3.0.12 and beyond (sorry my codebase was 1.3.0.11) and do not think is wise to merge them authomatically

Translators: I will clean up all language files as there are several string that have been moved around and I found 1000000000000000000000 duplication and useless strings. Thank you for your patience and help and sorry for any possible duplicated work!

I can't wait Big Grin
I'm working on a new database structure. This will give a lot to discuss Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bobrap - 2013-05-12

What's the deal with TMDB api key? Is it needed to use the scraper? How does on get the key? Thanks

(2013-05-12, 19:12)bobrap Wrote: What's the deal with TMDB api key? Is it needed to use the scraper? How does on get the key? Thanks

You need a personally key to scrape on TMDB. Create an account on themoviedb.org and make a key request.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bobrap - 2013-05-12

OK, I'll try and figure it out. Is there an on/off switch for the small fan art window?

(2013-05-12, 19:58)bobrap Wrote: OK, I'll try and figure it out. Is there an on/off switch for the small fan art window?

Is controlled by "Poster on/off". Later I will do a separate option.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 18:12)DanCooper Wrote: Changelog 1.3.0.13 (12.05.2013)

Ember Main:
- fixed: file stacking not work with brackets "(CD1)" * Warning: XBMC does not support brackets
- added: option "Full Country Names" in Native Scraper (IMDB) * If activated Ember use "United States of America" & "United Kingdom" instead of "USA" & "UK"
- fixed/added: TMDB scraper no longer use plot as outline / new option "Use Plot As Outline If Outline Is Empty" and "Outline Limit" (works only with TMDB scraper atm)
How does the outline limit: Ember shortens the plot to the specified number of characters. The last point is searched. All characters after this point will be deleted. If the string should be empty only the first sentence of the plot is used.

thanks again for a new version ...everyone!
thanks for fixing audio overlay icon and subtitle locks!...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 18:46)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 16:06)m.savazzi Wrote: major milestone reached

all data & image scrapers work
Smile

code is available under my trunk

what next
  • fix trailer scraper
  • fix other modules that depend on scrapers
  • fix all language string and help
  • (lower priority) code cleanup removing unused code and variables

I will probably assign it version 1.4 as there are major changes Smile
Cocotus, DanCooper, once I release the final code you'll need to re/apply the changes in version 1.3.0.12 and beyond (sorry my codebase was 1.3.0.11) and do not think is wise to merge them authomatically

Translators: I will clean up all language files as there are several string that have been moved around and I found 1000000000000000000000 duplication and useless strings. Thank you for your patience and help and sorry for any possible duplicated work!

I can't wait Big Grin
I'm working on a new database structure. This will give a lot to discuss Smile

trailer is starting to work...

Smile

why you want to change the DB? what is not working?

when it's working do you want me to join in 1.3 or we generate a new trunk 1.4?

M

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Drazzilb - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 19:44)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 19:12)bobrap Wrote: What's the deal with TMDB api key? Is it needed to use the scraper? How does on get the key? Thanks

You need a personally key to scrape on TMDB. Create an account on themoviedb.org and make a key request.

Thank you for the answer to the question. I was wondering this one for quite some time..

I personally prefer TMDB over IMDB. Their database just seems to be better.

Thanks so much for keeping this program running. It is by far the best one out there. Even among paid programs, I just feel it is the best out there period.

I honestly cannot wait to update XBMC from this program again.

Oh i'm sure this has been suggested but I thought i'd throw my 2 cents in. However, I would love to have the ability to manage and maintain Disc art, Logos, and clear art and whatnot.

Edit: Another suggestion. The ability to manage Sets Thumbs as well as fan art. I know it can be handled through XBMC but something outside of xbmc would be great.

Thanks again for everything.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bape2609 - 2013-05-12

ok so i've upgraded Ember and I notice an "XBMC Frodo" button in the scraping options. Do i just press this and that's it?

I'm not sure what media files XBMC requires. Some of my movie folders are full of files!

Here's an example of the movie Captain America which was previously scraped a few months back using the old version of Ember. I have now scraped it with the new version.

As you can see, poster.jpg, folder.jpg and fanart.jpg were scraped originally but today they were scraped again however the file name of the .jpgs match the name of the movie itself.

What's the deal with that? pardon my ignorance.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Drazzilb - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-12, 23:50)5aq1b Wrote: ok so i've upgraded Ember and I notice an "XBMC Frodo" button in the scraping options. Do i just press this and that's it?

I'm not sure what media files XBMC requires. Some of my movie folders are full of files!

Here's an example of the movie Captain America which was previously scraped a few months back using the old version of Ember. I have now scraped it with the new version.

As you can see, poster.jpg, folder.jpg and fanart.jpg were scraped originally but today they were scraped again however the file name of the .jpgs match the name of the movie itself.

What's the deal with that? pardon my ignorance.

That is exactly what happened to me. I just erased all the poster.jpg and folder.jpg in favor of what frodo will look for first since they changed that aspect. Frodo will just look for the (movie name).jpg before folder.jpg

that's the only difference that i know of.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-05-13

Ember Main:

Can we keep advancedsettings.xml, settings.xml, and media.emm when updating from v11 to v13?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 07:53)CaptainKen Wrote: Can we keep advancedsettings.xml, settings.xml, and media.emm when updating from v11 to v13?

I think yes.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Milhouse - 2013-05-13

Ember Main:

Is there any way to disable the small fanart in main window? It seems a bit unnecessary when I have the fanart behind it, I don't need both.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - myce - 2013-05-13

Hi,

one of the last things I found missing from ember was the handling of specials, so I added the necessary functionality to translate tvdbs "airsbefore_episode", "airsbefore_season" and "airsafter_season" into xbmcs "DisplaySeason" and "DisplayEpisode" entries.
It would be nice if this could be integrated into the official version. Who takes care of this? DanCooper? In what form do you need the changes? Diff in this thread? (That would be relatively easy for me.) Pull request from a forked github project? (That would be a lot more work...)

Regards,
myce