Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - IceNine - 2013-05-13

Found another small bug. It happens in v13, probably before but I haven't confirmed. When deleting a movie (not removing it from the database, deleting the files also) the <movie>-poster.jpg files are not removed. They don't even show up in the list of files to delete in the dialog that comes up.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 22:27)IceNine Wrote: Found another small bug. It happens in v13, probably before but I haven't confirmed. When deleting a movie (not removing it from the database, deleting the files also) the <movie>-poster.jpg files are not removed. They don't even show up in the list of files to delete in the dialog that comes up.

I have looked at that and found no errors. Can you give me a specific example?

(2013-05-13, 22:21)Randall Lind Wrote: in version 13 why do we have a small background window covering the main background window? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200624630451111&set=a.1148609448331.23505.1620425232&type=3&theater

This is for users with small screen resolution and for users who have the info window is always open (fanart is then partially covered). In the next version there is an option to disable the small fanarts.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-13, 23:55)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-13, 22:27)IceNine Wrote: Found another small bug. It happens in v13, probably before but I haven't confirmed. When deleting a movie (not removing it from the database, deleting the files also) the <movie>-poster.jpg files are not removed. They don't even show up in the list of files to delete in the dialog that comes up.

(2013-05-13, 22:21)Randall Lind Wrote: in version 13 why do we have a small background window covering the main background window? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200624630451111&set=a.1148609448331.23505.1620425232&type=3&theater

This is for users with small screen resolution and for users who have the info window is always open (fanart is then partially covered). In the next version there is an option to disable the small fanarts.

Oh OK I thought when I fix the database something went wrong.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-13, 21:10)Cocotus Wrote: This is great news! I think I will rebuild the trakt.tv code and put it in seperate class like you did with fanart.tv - much cleaner and easier to manage I think.

I would suggest the same approach. The new scraper structure is very lightweight Smile and far easier to implement

M

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hatbrox - 2013-05-14

Hi,

Tried the newest version last night. Got my API keys from TMDB and farnat.tv and put them in the Ember TMDB scrapper settings.
I tried to scrap a selection of movies (best match then "ask")
I always get these 2 errors (the 2nd error is repeated for each movie):

Title: Error
StackTrace:
Date/Time: 13/05/2013 21:05:36
===========================================================================================

Message: Invalid id - The pre-requisite id is invalid or not found
StackTrace: 6
Date/Time: 13/05/2013 21:07:43
===========================================================================================

Note:
Ember Native Movie Scrapper works fine, though.
I'm not sure if TMDB is better or faster than the native scrapper, which has satisfied me enough, so far.

current behaviour
I'm still struggling with Genre. I just don't like the genres provided by the scrapper, I normally only allow a maximum of 2 genres per movie, but 80% have only one genre. Plus I have created a few custom genres.
So I have to go through the painful process of selecting a movie -> right-click -> Genre -> Select Genre -> Set

Feature request:
On the bottom of the app, I think there is enough room to present all Genre icons and I would just have to click on them with the mouse.
The active genre for the selected movie could then be a different color or have a checkbox or something.

I havea very similar behaviour with Photoshop lightroom where I select one of several photos and I just have to click on the tag(s) from a tag lists (all tags are presented in rectangle buttons)

Thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-14, 11:13)hatbrox Wrote: Hi,

Tried the newest version last night. Got my API keys from TMDB and farnat.tv and put them in the Ember TMDB scrapper settings.

StackTrace:

Note:
I'm not sure if TMDB is better or faster than the native scrapper, which has satisfied me enough, so far.

I have seen the same error. I try to fix that.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - IceNine - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-13, 23:55)DanCooper Wrote:

It happens with all my movies, including ones that I just scraped fine using v13. When I right-click on any movie in the main list, go to Remove and select Delete Movie I get the following dialog:

All the files except for "Ocean's Eleven (2001) 720p-poster.jpg" are shown, and if I click OK with all files selected the poster file is not deleted.

(2013-05-14, 11:48)DanCooper Wrote:

StackTrace:

Note:

make sure there are no spaces around the API (I should TRIM but you never know...)

(2013-05-14, 11:48)DanCooper Wrote:

StackTrace:

Note:

make sure there are no spaces around the API (I should TRIM but you never know...)

(2013-05-14, 14:52)m.savazzi Wrote: make sure there are no spaces around the API (I should TRIM but you never know...)

I checked and there is no space before or after the API string

(2013-05-14, 15:39)hatbrox Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 14:52)m.savazzi Wrote: make sure there are no spaces around the API (I should TRIM but you never know...)

can you provide us the log?

(2013-05-14, 15:39)hatbrox Wrote:

can you provide us the log?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - rodercot - 2013-05-15

Hi All,

I just skimmed backed to page 340 in the forums. I am upgrading from 1.3.0.9 to .13 version. what do I need to do, I did a fresh install and rebuilt the db from sources, setup for frodo ie I pressed frodo for movies and tv shows, I am now missing posters sd and hd (blu ray), plot, etc for movies and 90% of my episode images, season posters (banners) and plot for tv shows. I have over 2700 movies and 100 tv show series, do I have to re-scrape them all to be current. How do I delete all of the previous no longer needed jpg and tbn files on the server. Is there a quicker method. This is virgin .13 install with no changes to settings or advancedsettings.xml and I did not copy over my old db.

Thanks,

Dave

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-15

Team,
I think I've finished everything and we are ready for the first beta Smile

Note that compiled in debug mode it does generate 2 files with all the string requests. I will process them to create the effective language files Smile

I've uploaded the code Smile

All files are version 1.4.0.0

- note I've tested the scenarios I'm used too so there could be areas that I skipped Tongue

Please start testing it so we can quickly make it stable!

(2013-05-15, 00:42)rodercot Wrote: Hi All,

I just skimmed backed to page 340 in the forums. I am upgrading from 1.3.0.9 to .13 version. what do I need to do, I did a fresh install and rebuilt the db from sources, setup for frodo ie I pressed frodo for movies and tv shows, I am now missing posters sd and hd (blu ray), plot, etc for movies and 90% of my episode images, season posters (banners) and plot for tv shows. I have over 2700 movies and 100 tv show series, do I have to re-scrape them all to be current. How do I delete all of the previous no longer needed jpg and tbn files on the server. Is there a quicker method. This is virgin .13 install with no changes to settings or advancedsettings.xml and I did not copy over my old db.

Thanks,

Dave

There is an option to delete unwanted images. But we cannot rename them... it would be a mess.
I do suggest you use Advanced Renamer or similar program if you want to change (for example) all fanart.tmb into <movie>-fanart.jpg

M

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bobrap - 2013-05-15

Latest is available where and for whom to test? Appreciate all your work!! Thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - w0rtez - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-11, 16:07)w0rtez Wrote: I have version 1.3.0.12, and i cant scrape any movie, all them just bring a Resident Evil as Poster, Check SS below:

Can someone help me to scrap my movies back again, I have last version 1.0.3.13 and i always get that Resident Evil poster...

Thanks