Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - sandreas - 2013-05-17

It seems that the year in a filename is not used for scraping search:

Is that right?
Wouldn't it be better for an exact match?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-17

(2013-05-17, 14:51)sandreas Wrote: It seems that the year in a filename is not used for scraping search:

Is that right?

1) Ember clears ALL info before issuing the search
2) yes it would be better but the issue is how to distinguish the year from all other stuff that can be stacked in the title. Also the format could be a mess I use (year) as you do but I've seen several people using the .year. etc...
So to avoid possible issues all additional info are removed.

M

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hatbrox - 2013-05-17

Deleted.Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - michael123 - 2013-05-18

(2013-05-17, 14:51)sandreas Wrote: It seems that the year in a filename is not used for scraping search:

Is that right?

That's an easy fix, DanCooper told me how to do it a few weeks back:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1413876#pid1413876

Made a massive difference when scanning my library.

(2013-05-05, 21:53)michael123 Wrote:
(2013-05-04, 10:56)DanCooper Wrote: You can remove the Folder/File name filter [\w]\(?\d{4}\)?.* from the list. Now the year is not removed from movie title.

Thanks, that's perfect, scraping them all fine now, gone from asking me to manually select 50% to about 5%, massive difference, any reason that's disabled by default?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hecatonchieres - 2013-05-18

Anyone else having issues with the save extrathumbs radio button not staying selected in the settings?
I select it, apply and ok it but it always returns to an unchecked status and I am forced to mark and then rescrape extrathumbs when I add movies now.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Ecwfrk - 2013-05-18

Would it be (or is it) possible to expand the search functions (the search box above the media list) to include metadata like width, height (preferably with <>= functionality), codec, etc?

I'd like to quickly be able, for example, to find what movies I need to pick up upgrades for with a "<720" search against width. I found it all stored in the DB thinking I might be able to export a list of low-res movies with a bit of simple SQL, but it's separate from the movie names which takes out of simple mode. Maybe it's easier within the program since Ember already records it?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - RockDawg - 2013-05-18

I've noticed a strange thing regarding runtime with TV episodes. XBMC seems to expect runtime to be in minutes, but stores it as seconds because it takes whatever value is stored in the runtime field of my nfo files and multiplies it by 60 when scanning the episode in to the db. So if I have EMM set to keep runtime in minutes (say the example episode is 23 minutes long) then it scans into XBMC's db correctly as 1380. But if I have EMM save it as seconds (1380) then XBMC stores it in the db as 82800 which is obviously very wrong.

Is this a bug in XBMC, or is that how it is designed to work? Is there a way to get XBMC to know the my nfo files are recorded as seconds rather than minutes. Or is there a way to have EMM record the minutes more accurately (say 23.3 instead of just 23)?

I ask because I use the Pseudo TV addon and it takes your videos and makes TV channels from them. In the process it can scan your media's duration to create the lineup for a given channel. Obviously if it sees an episode that the XBMC db lists as 82800 seconds long it thinks it is 23 hours long. Conversely, since EMM rounds a 23:15 video down to 23 minutes, if it scans in 300 episodes at 23 minutes long and they are really 23:15 long, then the program guide will end up off by 75 minutes.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - RonnieSunde - 2013-05-19

(2013-05-17, 15:55)m.savazzi Wrote:

Is that right?

2) yes it would be better but the issue is how to distinguish the year from all other stuff that can be stacked in the title. Also the format could be a mess I use (year) as you do but I've seen several people using the .year. etc...

M

a four digit number in a filename no matter how it is surrounded is MOST likely a year... why not do a [19-20][0-9][0-9] search to make sure ??

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-19

(2013-05-19, 13:15)RonnieSunde Wrote:
(2013-05-17, 15:55)m.savazzi Wrote:

Is that right?

M

a four digit number in a filename no matter how it is surrounded is MOST likely a year... why not do a [19-20][0-9][0-9] search to make sure ??

most likely is not enough Wink

but Dan provider a solution people,can adopt if they like Tongue

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mwaterbu - 2013-05-19

Sorry if this has already been answered before, but I have been unable to find it. I am trying to scrape a TV (from TVDB) show where each episode is broken into 5 parts.
Here is one of the seasons: Season 4
So the episodes:
1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 would be episode 1
and
2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 would be episode 2
and so on.
My video files are not split into parts. So I would like to combine these parts into the actual episodes. However, I cannot figure out how to do this with EMM. When scraped (with DVD order specified), 1.2 becomes 1, 1.3 becomes 2, 1.4 becomes 3, and so on, as if the aired order is being used and not the DVD order at all.
If anyone knows the correct way to do this, I would greatly appreciate the help!
Thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - _matt_ - 2013-05-19

(2013-05-19, 20:31)mwaterbu Wrote: Sorry if this has already been answered before, but I have been unable to find it. I am trying to scrape a TV (from TVDB) show where each episode is broken into 5 parts.
So the episodes:
and
and so on.
My video files are not split into parts. So I would like to combine these parts into the actual episodes. However, I cannot figure out how to do this with EMM. When scraped (with DVD order specified), 1.2 becomes 1, 1.3 becomes 2, 1.4 becomes 3, and so on, as if the aired order is being used and not the DVD order at all.
If anyone knows the correct way to do this, I would greatly appreciate the help!
Thanks!
Wow, that looks like a mess to deal with. From my reading through the thetvdb wiki, it looks like the DVD episode numbers are all wrong there anyway. For multi-story combined episodes, each sequence should begin with X.1 instead of X.2. That alone could be what's screwing things up for you.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mwaterbu - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-19, 23:39)_matt_ Wrote:
(2013-05-19, 20:31)mwaterbu Wrote: Sorry if this has already been answered before, but I have been unable to find it. I am trying to scrape a TV (from TVDB) show where each episode is broken into 5 parts.
So the episodes:
and
and so on.
Thanks!
Wow, that looks like a mess to deal with. From my reading through the thetvdb wiki, it looks like the DVD episode numbers are all wrong there anyway. For multi-story combined episodes, each sequence should begin with X.1 instead of X.2. That alone could be what's screwing things up for you.

Ah, that is possible. The show is locked, so I guess I need to talk to an admin there for it to get fixed. How will ember handle the names for these combined episodes though?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - _matt_ - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-20, 01:32)mwaterbu Wrote: How will ember handle the names for these combined episodes though?

I don't have a clue how Ember will act there, sorry. This is the first time I've seen that sort of alternative DVD episode numbering. For my TV library, Firefly is the only case (so far) where I've needed to use the DVD episode ordering. Keep us in the loop. If Ember isn't currently equipped to handle your case, perhaps it's something that can be fixed for v1.4.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-20, 01:32)mwaterbu Wrote:
(2013-05-19, 23:39)_matt_ Wrote:
So the episodes:
and
and so on.
Thanks!

Ah, that is possible. The show is locked, so I guess I need to talk to an admin there for it to get fixed. How will ember handle the names for these combined episodes though?

That is not the correct naming convention.
The episodes should be like:
S01E01 part1
S01E01 part2
S01E01 part3
S01E01 part4
S01E01 part5

etc..

your naming 1.x is the equivalent of Series 1 Episode x

Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-20

How do I hide the small fanart?