Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - antonstarlid - 2012-05-03

(2012-05-03, 20:48)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 20:09)antonstarlid Wrote: ......... Also thare are no tab to add Director to it so i need to go in the the NFO and add it manually maybe that culd be something to add

/ Anton

You mean this field? Tongue

(2012-05-03, 20:28)olympia Wrote: As the native scraper has been fixed, there is no need to use my XML imdb scraper any more.
HD-trailers is different, you can add this at the top of the native scrapers.

Your hd-trailers-scraperfind only trailer when the original movietitle or the english title is used. Is it possible to improve it? German titles are not found (Avatar - Aufbruch nach Pandora).

Thats relly funny cuz i watched both two three and four times, Strange that i relly msised that one! Thx

Yeh i changed the settings worked alot batter thx alot!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - olympia - 2012-05-03

(2012-05-03, 20:48)DanCooper Wrote: Your hd-trailers-scraperfind only trailer when the original movietitle or the english title is used. Is it possible to improve it? German titles are not found (Avatar - Aufbruch nach Pandora).

Currently no, it's not possible. Do you see any movie listed in German on HD-trailers.net? Smile
It would be possible if Ember native scraper would pass over the originaltitle to the XML scraper instead of the title.

Or I could code up a fully working XML scraper whereas everything is possible, but for this we would need the XML fixes.

Currently nothing beats my native Universal Scraper in XBMCWink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-05-03

(2012-05-03, 21:00)olympia Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 20:48)DanCooper Wrote: Your hd-trailers-scraperfind only trailer when the original movietitle or the english title is used. Is it possible to improve it? German titles are not found (Avatar - Aufbruch nach Pandora).

Currently no, it's not possible. Do you see any movie listed in German on HD-trailers.net? Smile
It would be possible if Ember native scraper would pass over the originaltitle to the XML scraper instead of the title.

Or I could code up a fully working XML scraper whereas everything is possible, but for this we would need the XML fixes.

Currently nothing beats my native Universal Scraper in XBMCWink

These are true words! Nod
I want to make this weekend the banner.jpg-support ready.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - james_stewart - 2012-05-03

I love this software, but I'm struggling to completely get away from Media Center Master. Here's why.

-no auto renaming feature. When I download a movie I have MCM rename the file and the folder. It's automatic and 99% of the time always accurate.

-no "clean" feature. Downloads come with all sorts of junk I'd like to get rid of like sample movies and folders and useless .nfos. MCM does an ok job of cleaning all of this out, although it still needs work. MCM allows the user to clean out metadata they no longer use, while not touching the metadata they still use. Very useful feature.

-Frequently downloads movie covers not in English. This is very frustrating. I switched from MB and and decided to use EMM to gather all of my nfos. MCM never grabs the wrong cover. I had to go through 2000 movies and locate the movies with non-English cover. Very frustrating.

There may be a solution to all of these problems, if so great. Because I love this interface.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - antonstarlid - 2012-05-03

Next question, are it just possible to scrape Tv-Show over TheTvdB or is it also possible over IMDB

Or is it just not possible ATM to scrape like the movies to get director and everything?

/ Anton

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bsoriano - 2012-05-04

DanCooper, Olympia,

Could you please post screenshots of how settings should be for using hd-trailers.net with native scrapers? I have not been able to accomplish this.

One other point in which I would like your help is that, if I use only the native scrapers, the posters and fanart scraped are all sizes, and not just the higher resolution ones, even if i have the checkmark "Only" checked in the images and trailers general options, and have selected X-Large and Large as the preferred size for posters and fanart. Is this a bug? Or am I setting this up incorrectly? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - antonstarlid - 2012-05-04

Sutff start to work out for me! I relly like this but i still got big problems whit my RAR files, atully if i let XBMC scrape it insted of EMM it works fine, but then i don´t get videoinfo

Anyways i try to find S01 of En.Fyra.For.Tre

I did try to add

D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiSH.DVDRip.XviD-TNS

But nothing of it find S01, did also try the episode filter, but its not helps ether

Quote:My Settings

Quote:My Path

Quote:Requests

When you are in movies you right-click when you are on two or more movies and get the menu above

1: Possiblity to get it only on one movie, even if its not scraped. Its a relly good option to let you decide what info you will get like if i just need the NFO files
2: Same gows for the series, and i do belive that this menu don´t exist at all on the series

Another request are to let you add Video nfo files containing a mix of XML and URL and let it be added ether automatic to the scraped stuff or set it manually if you like

/Thx Anton

Edit: I got it working if i added the S01 folder insted but why can´t the Ember just not read all subfolders to see if it finds anything that match? So you not always be to be in root/name.folder

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - shaktoo - 2012-05-04

@ Anton : that is the trade off if you don't want to unRAR your files & maintain them in the proper format which most ( if not ALL) xbmc users do. That is the reason you will not get any metadata ( Audio & Video codec ID's etc). To Have All that you WILL need to Unrar files. And thats When EMM will work @ its best. We all know xbmc CAN play RAR files but there are threads in XBMC forum where you can find why it's better to have UnRAR'ed files.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - antonstarlid - 2012-05-04

(2012-05-04, 12:39)shaktoo Wrote: @ Anton : that is the trade off if you don't want to unRAR your files & maintain them in the proper format which most ( if not ALL) xbmc users do. That is the reason you will not get any metadata ( Audio & Video codec ID's etc). To Have All that you WILL need to Unrar files. And thats When EMM will work @ its best. We all know xbmc CAN play RAR files but there are threads in XBMC forum where you can find why it's better to have UnRAR'ed files.

I don´t agree whit you, and if you can see why i keep it as it is well thats your problem!

Do know remeber that i take attention to what you tell me and im sure you are right! And yeh maybe its batter for XBMC you prob right again! But still its a reason why i wanne keep it in there orginal state! And does understand this please back me up!

About the VideoInfo yeh relly stupid i never thinked about that relly not smart at all! Its says it self! i will try to use my head next time! But it wuld just be stupid to unrar the shit read VideoInfo and then put the orginal back its complicated Big Grin

Edit: You culd add to EMM to check if it is a sample folder in the current folder it checking and if its a VideoFile in it yeh then get VideoInfo from that one cuz its the same! Relly good request! Or why not just let EMM open the RAR files and read the file in it!

/ Anton

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - user321 - 2012-05-04

(2012-05-04, 12:44)antonstarlid Wrote: I don´t agree whit you, and if you can see why i keep it as it is well thats your problem!

Do know remeber that i take attention to what you tell me and im sure you are right! And yeh maybe its batter for XBMC you prob right again! But still its a reason why i wanne keep it in there orginal state! And does understand this please back me up!

About the VideoInfo yeh relly stupid i never thinked about that relly not smart at all! Its says it self! i will try to use my head next time! But it wuld just be stupid to unrar the shit read VideoInfo and then put the orginal back its complicated Big Grin

Edit: You culd add to EMM to check if it is a sample folder in the current folder it checking and if its a VideoFile in it yeh then get VideoInfo from that one cuz its the same! Relly good request! Or why not just let EMM open the RAR files and read the file in it!

/ Anton

Unfortunately Anton you're a single user who wants this. I'm quite sure no-one else does. Almost *every* media browser, player, media scraper, relies on being able to see an actual *video* file, and so, MILLIONS around the world extract their videos and delete the RAR files.

The developers of such programs who are busy with resolving bugs, and implementing more important and in demand features are not going to spend their time to code for your request. It's too much work. If you are able to code then perhaps you could write a function to "open the rar files and read file in it" and ask for this to be included in Ember. Don't forget that you'll to make sure you're excluding RAR files that contain subtitles, because many people keep those (so you want to match the correct RAR files and ignore the subtitle RAR files)....

Anton as user321 has put it , you may have your reasons to keep files in RAR / Zip format but as I said earlier thats a tradeoff .
@ bosariano get this from Olympia : http://xbmchuscraper.googlecode.com/file...rEMMV2.zip
Then Unzip to the scraper Module and repopulate scrapers & choose HD trailer scraper in the xml scraper section.
hope this helps
Thanks to Olympia ( who posted this earlier in the thread ) , Dan & Bodrick .

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-05-04

Thx User321 and shaktoo Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - olympia - 2012-05-04

(2012-05-04, 12:44)antonstarlid Wrote: Edit: You culd add to EMM to check if it is a sample folder in the current folder it checking and if its a VideoFile in it yeh then get VideoInfo from that one cuz its the same! Relly good request! Or why not just let EMM open the RAR files and read the file in it!

/ Anton

Maybe because EMM is using an external library: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en for that which is not capable for reading RARs?

Don't you realize if you annoy too many people, then it's something with you?

As I said earlier , U Da Man Dan Wink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - gman3042 - 2012-05-04

Here is my question.. a completely newbie question.. I still want to use tvdb/imdb for the regular scraping so it's done automatically.. but I would like to use Ember Media Manager for the stuff that doesn't get scraped... can these two work hand in hand or should this be the only way media is scraped?