Kodi Community Forum
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs (/showthread.php?tid=116996)

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - Hotz87 - 2012-11-07

(2012-10-30, 22:03)fritsch Wrote: @Hotz87:
Just for the record, could you use the Confluence skin? Just to rule out this issue.

(2012-10-30, 23:03)Hotz87 Wrote: Yeah i got it :-)
But its not causing the problems, i tried a few options and did not switched it back until now but i did now and also changed the skin to the default.

The problem is now solved for me with disable "save pvr epg in database" and switch back to the default skin.
just to let you know. :-)
Thanks for support.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - danz0l - 2012-11-07

Loving Xvba. Sorted my slight tearing out by upgrading my nvidia driver from 280.13 to 304.60.

Recently added tv shows still a little buggy at times and exit doesn't seem to work too well (locks on applying most of the time) but all plugins work well on the latest compiled version as of the 4th NOV.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - ChessSpider - 2012-11-07

I hope I dont make a fool out of myself by asking this because it is already written somewhere but;
whenever I play video's, there are visible horizontal lines. It seems as if those pixels get skipped, so whenever there's diagonal line on the screen it jumps a bit, it isn't smooth. If you know what I mean. The pixels disappear every so many lines.

The settings are as follows:
Resolution: 1360x768p (weird thing: TV should support 1366x768p native..?)
Refresh rate: 60.02
Vertical blank sync: Always enabled

Adjust display refresh rate to match video: Always
A/V sync method: Video clock (drop/dupe audio)

I do not notice it with all video-material. I notice it mostly on SD-material, but not always. Example where it goes wrong is this videofile:
Code:
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 404 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Scan type                                : Progressive

Odd thing is that my TV still says the refreshrate is 60hZ. I don't think it knows how to do 24fps or 48,,?

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - un1versal - 2012-11-07

@ChessSpider

That's tearing - disable composite in xorg.conf.

As for the TV native resolution the current 1360x768 vs native 1366x768 - - can you see how insignificant that is?

Look at my signature for a GUIDE how to perhaps get you setup for 23p/24p though the modelines will probably not work for you (because they are for 1920x1080p - so you'll have to look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54685 and use my guide and that guide to sort yourself out

uNi

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - ChessSpider - 2012-11-07

@uNiversal, thanks! Disabling composite worked like a charm.

About the 23p/24p: I'm actually using fgrlx drivers, and those guides seem to be for nvidia. Anyway it's working fine now, I'm not gonna touch it. I ruined the setup once before and if it happens again I'll just go and install Windows 7.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - un1versal - 2012-11-07

Fantastic news, +1

No, you should not use a nvidia xorg.conf though some settings in xorg.conf are video driver agnostic but not all. Wisest is now that is fixed (as you said) leave it!

uNi

Re: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - mike08 - 2012-11-07

Compiz running !!! Sad
I have rénove it and start gnome shell all vidéos running Nice
I have ré install good version officielle xbmc with a new skin and my addons all is good
Thanks to all for help me

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - vbat99 - 2012-11-08

Thanks wsnipex

Followed your op and am running perfectly, so far.

Couple of things I found,
1. libshairport0 wouldn't apt-get. changed to libshairport1 and downloaded successfully.
2. I'm on a ATI HD3200 GPU, and system is playing video's fine, I haven't downgraded as per http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1138272
Is this still needed?? What problems will I have if I don't downgrade? How can I tell what version flgrx I've installed.
3. for GPU temp, the line I had to use was
Code:
<cputempcommand> echo "$(sensors -u | tail -n64 | grep temp1_input | awk '{print $2 }' |awk '{printf("%d\n",$1 + 0.5);}') C" </cputempcommand>

I couldn't get a GPU temp, but that's probably cause it onboard GPU.

Finally, is it worth postings a debug log to see if I have any other issues?? (If so, please advise how to as haven't done one yet.)

I noticed two small things, safely remove device and it pop's right back again. No chance to unplug my portable hard drive without warning message.

And, couldn't eject a DVD from the drive via XBMC.

Minor I know.

Anyway. thanks all involved with this project. Much appreciated.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - laric - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-07, 18:28)uNiversal Wrote: Fantastic news, +1

No, you should not use a nvidia xorg.conf though some settings in xorg.conf are video driver agnostic but not all. Wisest is now that is fixed (as you said) leave it!

uNi
What would be a good xprg.conf to use then? I have used xorg.conf from nvidia and perhaps that is not optimal?

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - un1versal - 2012-11-08

I dont have a clew about ATI systems enough to make a educated guess. You can use aticonfig --initial And look at the options it creates, you should backup your existing one, in any case

There's some reading here

But again if it isn't broken dont fix it!

uNi

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - wsnipex - 2012-11-08

@vbat99: if you mean upgrade fglrx: unless you have issues, use what you have (I guess catalyst 12.4, if installed from normal precise repos).

@laric et al: you don't need tweaks in xorg.conf on AMD. If you followed the howto and did all the amdconfig commands, you are fine.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - un1versal - 2012-11-08

@wsnipex

laric needed the composite disabled to fix tearing and it fix it.

uNi

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - ChessSpider - 2012-11-08

Actually I just saw it didnt fix it for me. Just noticed the lines again on a particular movie I'm watchin. A visible horizontal 'anomaly' appears at roughly every 1/8th of the screen. Note that the location is constant throughout the video (for all videos when I notice it), but it is really only noticeable when the camera is moving up or down.

I thought you fixed it with disabled composite?

uNi

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - laric - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-08, 11:01)wsnipex Wrote: @vbat99: if you mean upgrade fglrx: unless you have issues, use what you have (I guess catalyst 12.4, if installed from normal precise repos).

@laric et al: you don't need tweaks in xorg.conf on AMD. If you followed the howto and did all the amdconfig commands, you are fine.

I was actually thinking of the Nvidia. As I have several xbmc machines.. Some run AMD some run Nvidia...