[Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo (/showthread.php?tid=117176)
RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - zetterlund - 2012-12-05 10:35
(2012-12-05 10:01)mukati Wrote: Hi there..
1) I'll add this in the next update.
2) This is configured in app settings ( Mainpage -> Settings -> Application Settings -> Swipe until you get to the Remote pivot)
3) This will also be added in the next update.
As for the bug, It seems to me like I've missed something in the Frodo API, I'll try to recreate the error and fix it for the next update.
Thanks for the feedback
RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - mukati - 2012-12-05 12:40
Excellent.. will wait for your update..
and thanks for your pointer on the shutdown button on the remote.. didn't even visit that area!
RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - mukati - 2012-12-05 18:24
2 more issues:
1) After upgrading to Frodo.. I no longer see the fanart background images for movies or tv shows.. I have the option enabled in settings but still wont appear... was fine in Eden..
2) When a movie/tv show is playing.. through the remote you could use left or right arrow to quickly forward rewind.. this no longer works in Frodo..
RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - zetterlund - 2012-12-05 21:38
Issues solved, will be included in next version.
RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - mukati - 2012-12-06 07:22
RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - mukati - 2012-12-18 09:32
I've been using the remote with the new update.. following still have issues:
- Playlist: When you are playing a show/movie and add new items, the now playing section shows the first added item in the now playing, yet xbmc is still playing the last playing video. Thats how it should be, but the now playing area should just add new shows besides what is already playing.. i think the entire area needs a second look.
- Thanks for adding the checked mark on the tv shows.. but you added it on the season level. Can we have it straight upto the tv show level itself? so we know all the episodes/seasons within the tv show have been watched?
- I'm still not able to use the left arrow or right arrow key for quick rewind forward.
RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - zetterlund - 2012-12-19 16:30
The reason for left/right Arrow can simply be explained as a result of Frodo. The Input.Left and Input.Right is not yet mapped to the player and I will not do any custom implentations until I know if it will be implented or not.
Regarding the playlist, I will have Another look at this. I know what's wrong, but it will need some refactoring.
I've been working on 2 new versions lately, v1.19 which will fix the ContextMenu button, Watcehd marker on TvShow (Frodo only) and add WideTile support for wp7.8 and wp8 but also Version 2.0 which will be a WP8 only version. Don't worry people, the wp7.5 version will still be updated frequently, but the 2.0 adds WP8 specific features such as VoiceCommanding( hold the "win" button and tell the phone "XBMC play Ironman 2" or "XBMC play latest Movie" or "XBMC connect to livingroom"), Lockscreen images and so on.
The 2.0 version will hopefully be ready for submission Before NewYear.
RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - zetterlund - 2012-12-19 20:39
BTW, if anyone is interested in running a Beta of the WP8 version, send me a PM. I got a few more slots available.
RE: [Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - mukati - 2012-12-20 06:35
Wow!.. you've got me super excited for the 2.0 Version!!!! I've PM'd you for the Beta...
RE: [Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - mukati - 2012-12-22 07:00
Ok. I've been using the beta 2.0 version for a couple of days and here's my feedback:
- Resuming from sleep or returning from another app into the remote doesn't work. It gets stuck on 'resuming' or just blanks out. I need to hit the start button and come back into the app again.
- I see you have added the watched mark directly on the TV shows level itself. However when you have the option 'TV posters On for background.. the checked mark is barely visible. I can see it appearing and then the posters overlay onto them. I guess just needs some slight adjustment
- For some reason, when you navigate to tv shows, the touch doesn't register. you need to hit 1 or 2 times..and then it drills down to seasons. After that seasons and episodes works fine..
- You've changed the styling of episodes names structure whereby the episodes names are cut short to fit in the narrow space. Previously you had full episode names wrapped into multiple lines. While I can see that you have done that to maintain some structure.. most tv episode names are real long..so you cant make any sense what episode it is. Maybe you can enable auto scroll on the episode name when you select it, so atleast you can read it. or go back to old styling
- Speech I guess is really undercooked right now.. it would hardly work for me. Only time I could get it to work was when I said 'XBMC play recent movie' and even in that mode it started the remote and remote would hang, it would do anything. It would never play movie when I would say XBMC play 'movie name'.. most of the time it would end up searching for 'ex bmc' Which would annoy the hell out of me. Maybe we need a different keyword?? dunno..
- I know you might be working on the playlist area.. so can you try to see if we can delete items from the play list.. or allow for rearranging?
- Can we add music files/songs into the playlist.. currently I can only add 1 song.. and then need to navigate again and play a new song after previous one is over
- For movies or tv shows.. you have the resume button when you select the movie, hit the info and then go into the movie/episode are.. can we have the resume button directly on the top area. so when we select the movie or episode, we have resume beside the play button itself. It could be greyed out if the movie/episode is not watched or does not have resume info.
-Mark as watched is available in Frodo for movies. can we add it for tv shows as well? at the entire tv show level, season level or episode level?
RE: [Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - doubleJ - 2012-12-25 08:56
I would just like to say thanks for this great product.
I've rated and reviewed, but this is the only XBMC remote, for Windows Phone, that consistently works.
Others have connection issues or the Next/Previous buttons don't work.
I'm using Frodo (as everyone should be).
The only things that I think would improve the program are...
Show recent TV shows and Albums (not just Movies)
Be able to search a song by song title (not just album title)
Oh, and TV shows have to use posters, for some reason.
It seems like the wide banners should work, but they don't show up.
I'm sure this is a big stretch, but an option to actually watch or listen to stuff streamed from XBMC would rock.
I usually control XBMC with a physical remote.
What would be cool would be being able to watch a movie, on my phone, from XBMC.
Really, that would go for anything (music, pictures, etc...).
It looks like the remote watching may not be as big of a stretch.
I just found a couple programs (notably AV Remote) that played my music and videos with uPnP.
It was fabulous.
The only shortcomings seemed to be that I really had to drill-down (click, click, click, click, click, click - now it starts playing) and it didn't give me an option to specify an IP address.
I guess it (maybe uPnP?) only works with a local network.
I'd really like to be able to access my libraries from outside the house, though.
RE: [Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - tjsuominen - 2012-12-30 00:37
Been now using / testing the WP8 version and I have to say I am impressed! The connectivity is very snappy and it stays on without no problems (MOSTLY).
Being a visually (UI) "picky", I would say that there certainly are places in the UI that need brushing (= fine tune) and I am sure you are working on those. Should you wanna receive screenshots / ideas, just ping me here in the forum & keep up the great work!
RE: [Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - mukati - 2013-01-06 07:51
You've rolled out an update for both the versions.. here's my updated feedback:
- Resuming is still an issue. I think its more when XBMC remote is in the foreground and when you resume from sleep.. it just loops on 'Resuming...' have to hit start and launch remote again.
- Touch for some reason on the tv shows section for some reason still not great. I think the hit mark is on a specific spot and not the entire tv show + poster area. Not sure maybe you can check this out.
- Episode names i see you have fixed it.. maybe you can remove the tv show name above every episode and just keep the episode name in the list. Since the tv show name is anyways appearing above in block letters no point showing tv show name again and again.
- Speech this time works really well, but it works only when you say XBMC play recent movie, it never works when you say XBMC play 'certain movie name' (out of the 100 times i tried!!) Another related issue I found is that my Media PC is showing twice in the 'connections' area. Both have same name and IP and both cant be deleted. Its issue because when i say play recent movie, it asks which connection and since i only have 1 connection it should just play, rather than ask which connection.
- Playlist is still i guess 'under construction' When you build the playlist, the first episode/movie is still missing and playlist shows the remaining items. Even now playing items shows the next queued item playing rather than the current one actually playing in xmbc
- Still would to see 'resume' button directly on the list rather than navigating within the episode/movie
One suggestion, maybe you can add the link to this thread, when you publish the app (and within the app also maybe), so more people can hit this forum and contribute to the development?
RE: [Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - zetterlund - 2013-01-06 21:57
Thanks for the great feedback.
I'm still struggeling with the application resume functionality. It should work but it doesn't.
The problem with the Movies resume functionality is a performance issue, requesting the resume data can result in delays which I'm not that big of a fan of.
I'll release a new Beta tonight with some more fixes, still not resolved the resume though.
(2013-01-06 07:51)mukati Wrote: Hi zetterlund,
RE: [Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - tjsuominen - 2013-01-06 23:24
How did you find my UX/UI findings / proposal?