Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 19:26)Yukonhijack Wrote: My only question, and I don't know if this is even possible, but can the app be engineered to allow the phone's hardware volume rocker to control the XBMC volume while the screen is off?

I had asked this a while back, but unless something has changed Tolriq responded with:

"Having hardware keys working screen off is is not really possible It would need a wake lock that would kill battery and the disabling of keyguard and all such things."

I just set my volume keys to be able to wake my Nexus 7. Provided I'm currently in the Yatse app it will wake the device and start adjusting the volume.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-30

What do you mean by hardware rocker ?

The vol + / - hardware buttons ? If this is this it's not possible android disable them in sleep mode.

For external buttons like those on headset as long as you activate lock screen controls they should work.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Yukonhijack - 2013-01-30

Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the quick response. Just left you a review on the Play Store. Can't thank you enough for your work on this app. My friends who see it in use are literally dumbfounded.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-30

Thanks Smile

In my new way to decompress I'll paste a new comment that make me angry, no need to comment I just need to paste here to feel better Smile

Quote:★★
Version de l'application : 2.9.4
Florian XXXXXX le 30 janv. 2013 à 20:15
Used to be great ... Used to be great ... However recent UI updates have been dramatic, removing useful buttons / functionality, or making these very painfull to access. The remote view is not any better than the official xbmc app anymore. If you give him a bad rating, the dev will contact you, however, he's mostly interested in keeping a 5 stars rating, not much in taking user feedback into consideration.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - jelle-e - 2013-01-30

Well, I believe you should really just ignore that kind of comments because they are a way to let out frustration for the user. He walks away relieved, but leaves you behind with a grudge. That shouldn't happen and isn't worth your time.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - thebearnecessit - 2013-01-31

I can't connect to my xbmc with this app.

Can anyone please help?

I uninstalled an old version, installed the latest version, and i've setup my xbmc instal according to the apps wiki page instructions.

I think my problem is that I am trying to control an xbmc instal that is on an android smart tv box. is that supported?
There is no zeroconf setting in the xbmc app on my smart tv box so i am not able to enable zeroconf, perhaps that is the problem?

i have tried the wizard and the manual way of connecting. my error message says "error connecting. check your settings and that xbmc is running"

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-31

All Xbmc that support JSON are supported (Eden or more)

Zeroconf if only needed for auto detection you can still manually add your hosts.

Please see http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug to generate logs so I can help more.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - thebearnecessit - 2013-01-31

will do, thanks.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - distracto - 2013-01-31

also check if your IP has changed on your XBMC machine. happened to me once, took me hours of fiddling to finally discover that was why i couldnt connect.........

thanks i checked that though Sad

I know its going to be something stupid like that but I cant think what.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - JohanBoskamp - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 03:49)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 23:14)JohanBoskamp Wrote: ...
one question, call me stupid but, I never found out what/where the configure button is? :/

It's on all of the media widgets (not the remote widget). You can set it perform a specific task per the "Configurable button" option in the Settings. It changes its icon based on what you set its action to but it can always be found at far right of each widget.
Thanks man Smile

(2013-01-30, 22:45)Tolriq Wrote: ...
In my new way to decompress I'll paste a new comment that make me angry, no need to comment I just need to paste here to feel better Smile

Quote:★★
Version de l'application : 2.9.4
Florian XXXXXX le 30 janv. 2013 à 20:15
Used to be great ... Used to be great ... However recent UI updates have been dramatic, removing useful buttons / functionality, or making these very painfull to access. The remote view is not any better than the official xbmc app anymore. If you give him a bad rating, the dev will contact you, however, he's mostly interested in keeping a 5 stars rating, not much in taking user feedback into consideration.
This is just unbelievable, you create such a great application, that some of us here us everyday, and then you have people who are whining, and in this case even disrespect you as dev who offers this amazing app for free.
That guy didn't pay a thing, but still thinks he has the right to say such things while yatse is just the best out there ...

Cannot believe it hope people mark it as irrelevant.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - corpgator - 2013-01-31

I have two problems with this remote, first, a lot of times when I search, it freezes and I can't searching for anything. It puts the "`" character in the box and then I have to exit and restart the program for it to work again.

The bigger issue is how queuing files works. If something is playing, great, I can just queue files after them and it keeps going. If I queue something without anything playing, there's no way to start the files. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to actually get to the now playing window or the playlist without something having been already started.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-31

Well I'll need logs to see what's going wrong. And also logcat for the crashes.

For the queue it should auto start playing if nothing is playing. From what screen doesn't this works ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Koying - 2013-01-31

Hi Tolriq,

Am I dreaming or was there some kind of settings export, at a time, e.g. to duplicate settings from 1 device to another.
Can't seem to find it...

Hum no never add such things in Yatse Smile

What would you like to export ? All settings or just a way like the new official with qrcode to add hosts ?