Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-24

@robl45 it should Smile

@h8buffers the problem is that http api is being deprecated and typing json command will be quite complicated Smile (Not to mention that json is limited on commands).
Some other commands can still be send via Event Server.
The only way i see would be to implement a list of command that can be bind to buttons.

But I'm not sure this will covers all needs, that I must admit have no idea of what they can be since I'm a quite simple Xbmc user.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - salora - 2012-03-24

(2012-03-24, 15:56)Tolriq Wrote: If you want other things it's time to ask.

well if want , Big Grin,as we already discuss about that somewhere else, I would like the ability to browse the databases, like in the remote....Cool

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-24

Well, well, well Nice try Smile

The main problem about that is if I put a finger in that users will always want much more Smile

And all those functions are the goal of the full app for tablets Smile There is so much things that can be done on tablet that will be limited on phone, and since I don't have time to support all and own a tablet well .... Smile

So for the apps I write I'll be :
Phones = full featured and optimized remote and widget that fits perfect on phone.
Tablets (ICS + ) = full feature remote with browsing juke box playlist party mode and more .

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - h8buffers - 2012-03-25

(2012-03-24, 21:07)Tolriq Wrote: @robl45 it should Smile

@h8buffers the problem is that http api is being deprecated and typing json command will be quite complicated Smile (Not to mention that json is limited on commands).
Some other commands can still be send via Event Server.
The only way i see would be to implement a list of command that can be bind to buttons.

But I'm not sure this will covers all needs, that I must admit have no idea of what they can be since I'm a quite simple Xbmc user.

For instance clean database, scan movies/music, OSD toggle. :-)

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - robl45 - 2012-03-25

i don't know if its possible given lack of key mappings, but buttons or a toggle to switch between video modes on mpc-hc would be excellent. for instance, a lot of movies i watch with touch window from inside video setting, but then most 3d sbs, i have to use pan and scan scale to 16:9 to fit my screen(yea i know it screws the aspect ratio up). anyway, if there was a way to go between those without having to get out of the remote and go to another remote to right click and select, that would be great.

i dont think there is a key mapping to pan and scan 16:9 though. but the settings that make up the pan and scan scale to 16:9 do have button settings so it would have to be a macro type thing to get it to change to that setting each time unless mpc-hc will code in a button for it. unless someone else knows another way to do it. about my only issue right now with my HTPC.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-25

@h8buffers : Toggle OSD is already there (it's home button ) but it will be easier to use in V1. For the other commands if only those they are in Json rpc and can easily be added. And i must admit they would allow me to do less clicks so I'll surely find a way to add them Smile

@robl45: Can you check in MPC settings the key Next AR Preset, (Virtkey 859) and add a key to it and test if it does what you want ?
There's already an aspect ratio button in V1 that is mapped to this.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - robl45 - 2012-03-25

unfortunately no, the toggle AR preset does not do it.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-25

Well so I don't really have a solution Sad

I see that you post on Mpc trac about the ticket #335, perhaps you can reopen it or open a new one asking for a virtkey to do a rotation between the configured pan&scans.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - robl45 - 2012-03-26

yes, I did open a new ticket asking for that.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - salora - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-24, 21:25)Tolriq Wrote: Well, well, well Nice try Smile

The main problem about that is if I put a finger in that users will always want much more Smile

And all those functions are the goal of the full app for tablets Smile There is so much things that can be done on tablet that will be limited on phone, and since I don't have time to support all and own a tablet well .... Smile

So for the apps I write I'll be :
Phones = full featured and optimized remote and widget that fits perfect on phone.
Tablets (ICS + ) = full feature remote with browsing juke box playlist party mode and more .

Dear tolriq i'd say it doesn't matter to me if you'll do it for phone or tablet as galaxy note is both Rofl

So I'm looking forward to the tablet app Nod

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-28

Ok so, some things I was waiting for takes more times than wanted so I publish before having new logo Smile

Here we are version 1.0 now on Google Play Store
  • Now available on Google Play Store
  • New Skin
  • Configurable Power Button
  • More commands on Remote when media is playing
  • Lot's of small corrections

If you like the app don't forget to rate it 5 Smile And if you really really like it consider buying the donate version.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - robl45 - 2012-03-28

just tried it, the time issue is fixed Smile although it sucks you can't update the version you already have, I had to download the new one and start over again, no biggee.

but IMHO, the new skin is yucky, very hard to see on my phone.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-28

Yes no way to update a directly installed apk to a market one Sad

What do you mean by yucky ? the skin was tested on a few phones and it was always rendering OK.

Witch part Widget / Remote / Now playing ? What phone, what luminosity settings ?

Well I got other bad comments about the new Skin.

Can more people give their opinion on this ?

I'll perhaps put back the black theme in the free version if too much complains and no one like the new one.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Chaos_666 - 2012-03-28

Hi there
(2012-03-28, 13:39)Tolriq Wrote: Yes no way to update a directly installed apk to a market one Sad

Maybe somebody would like an export settings feature Wink

Edit: Just searched for yatse in Google Play an could buy and update without problem.

THX
Chaos