Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Ferdi-T - 2014-05-21

Update: everything works fine now, thanks for the help!

I did some cool things with it: swiping right on the homescreen of my Android switches XBMC to the Raspberry in the garden and plays a song. Walking back inside the house now pauses the music in the garden and switches Yatse back to the main Raspberry in the livingroom.

Now all I got to do is place another Wifi-repeater in the garden, so I can tell Tasker to start a song as soon as I walk outside for a smoke. :-)

Love Tasker + Yatse. :-)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - wes paich - 2014-05-22

wow. ok that's pretty dang cool...nice work! wish i was hip to the code

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-21, 13:53)Ferdi-T Wrote: Now all I got to do is place another Wifi-repeater in the garden, so I can tell Tasker to start a song as soon as I walk outside for a smoke. :-)

Love Tasker + Yatse. :-)
Burn baby burn? Would love to play an anti smoking song when the wife went outside to poison her lungs!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-05-22

PS: I see lots of apps called tasker - is the correct one by "Crafty Apps" - ie this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-05-23

Yes it's this one, but I think there's free alternative now, like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama or other that I do not remember.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - WolvesPhil - 2014-05-24

I have spent a while trying to configure Voice Control on a Galaxy S3 - is there anything I need to specifically?

I have it working fine on my HTC One but cannot get the voice commands to work on the S3.

The HTC is the full unlocked version, S3 isn't - will this make a difference?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - classicmaterial - 2014-05-25

I run Yatse on my Galaxy S4 and I have been having an issue lately.

Ever since I purchased the Unlocker, being able to play files locally is amazing. However, sometimes it does not play files. If it's not on "Play Locally" then it's flawless, but I turn "Play locally" on and it either says it's playing a song but shows a constant 0:00/0:00 or it just never starts the song as if I never pressed play.

Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - belrik - 2014-05-25

Hi, any update to the PVR functionality now that Gotham is out? I see mention of a commit for serving this data via the API in Gotham.

Apologies if this is answered already but I couldn't search the thread for EPG as this minimum length search term is four letters. <facepalm>

This would be great for all those users who can't see well enough to read the EPG on the TV without glasses but can read it on a tablet, and could potentially offer a richer experience than the standard XBMC EPG view.

Thanks

Re: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-05-25

To search for 3 letter words use Google.

Re: RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - belrik - 2014-05-25

(2014-05-25, 21:56)nickr Wrote: To search for 3 letter words use Google.

I see some comments about the API being slow but that was 2+ months ago before Gotham was final. I see how the user interface will load all EPG data on start, wouldn't mind something like that so my remote would scrap all EPG data when it started up; or triggerable like a TV/Video/Music cache refresh is.
Many of us are running high end devices and storage for this would surely be tiny compared to the thumbnails for a large music library. I realise this is probably a case of the API being new and imperfectly formed but no harm in checking the current status now Gotham is in wider circulation....

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-05-25

@WolvesPhil : Does not work is not a problem Smile What happens, no icon, error messages .... ? But no need for unlocker for it.

@classicmaterial : As usual : http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug but Yatse use Android standard player so check that the codec is supported by your Android version.

@belrik : There's basic EPG support in Yatse if using Gotham.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - pr0xZen - 2014-05-30

Hi there! I'm relatively new to Yatse, just bought the unlocker for "full functionality" on my Galaxy S4 and my RK3188 tablet. Actually, the real kicker for me was the "Resume Locally" function - I've been looking for a solution for this for handheld/mobile devices for ages. Great job!

I must admit - this thread is HUGE. I've read some of it, and tried most search criteria I could think of. I "came up empty", so please go easy on me if this has been covered before.

The "Resume Locally" function is 10s++ out of sync. After testing various playback lengths with various material - my conclusion is that as long as the "Local renderer" (the android unit) can keep up rendering and bandwith-wise, the "lag" remains the same over any given length of playback.

This clearly leads me to understand there is an "initial sync" issue with the "Resume locally" stream. This means, when I take my tablet with me to the kitchen to whip up a snack, or anything else "similar" - while others are still watching the show/movie/etc, I need a headset to isolate me from the living room stereo.

Is there something I can do, to either eliminate or minimize this "initial sync" issue? If I have understood corerctly, this works by retrieving media uver UPnP with a resume point, Is it possible to somehow automatically pause XBMC host playback until Yatse/MX player is "ready to go"? I imagine this might require some communication between the "local renderer" (MX player) and the host XBMC service. Is this feasable? ..or maybe already doable - I just don't know how..?

I know I can attempt to sync it up manually, but that was not my point here. If this is possible to achieve by means of software - then (close to) "actual" sync is much more likely to be achieveable, than through "hands-on hit-and-miss". In my personal situation, my adjendant "rooms" are not far away, the audio from the stereo/TV is clearly audiable in the whole appartment and some rooms have external speakers - I just can't see the screen.

I can't imagine I am the only one hoping/looking for a tweak like this. In my view, this would take an already amazing piece of software, to a whole nother level - and open up Yatse for a "new take" on the multi-room streaming experience Smile If some co-op with the developers of MX player is needed here, I imagine this shouldn't be too difficult - as it could potentially vastly bump up their user base.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-05-31

There's no way to achieve the sync without something on Xbmc side.

As soon as Mx Player is started Yatse can not control it.

If you update to Gotham Yatse will no more need UPnP to stream so you gain some times on slow network, and Yatse does start the media with 1,5 sec delay to handle most standard delays and buffering.

Achieving anything better is impossible without internal player and tons of bad hack that will never allow perfect sync without something on Xbmc side.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - pr0xZen - 2014-05-31

Running most recent nightlies here - my interpretation of UPnP use was just a loose thought without any proper or thorough knowledge of the method of function (again, new user). I guess what I was hoping for was (as you indicate to be essensial here) - something on the XBMC side, like a plugin/add-on. Given the enourmous ammount of Yatse users, I figured there might have been something like this already available or in the works. My programming skills are "next-to-nothing", so my contributions on this is not the most useful beyond the idea.

I'll just cross my fingers and hope something "like" this might come to life somewhere down the road Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-05-31

Yatse 4.1.5 is published

* Bug fixes
* Add Swedish translation
* Pause local renderer on headset unplug
* Reduced APK size with one build per cpu architecture

Remark : If you have troubles with streaming after updating to XBMC Gotham please check website FAQ

Important : Due to drop of support of Android 2.2 in Google Play Services, it has become too hacky and time consuming to continue to support it in Yatse.
As a consequence, this version is the last one to support Android 2.2. All future version will require Android 2.3 or more.
Since we hate to totally drop support, we do not exclude another 2.2 release of Yatse to fix major bugs or compatibility issues between this version and XBMC up to 13.1 (Gotham)

Do not forget to rate the application.
If you like this, please buy the Unlocker to ensure continued development.

Facebook : http://on.fb.me/13QNm5B
Twitter : http://bit.ly/XzZGaz
Google+ : http://bit.ly/1e2iS5z