Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-08-30

@Stereodude : https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106607702940190202508 to apply for beta with this patch in.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-09-02

Yatse 4.3.0 is published
  • Wear support : Full wear application to control XBMC from your watch (Remote / Now playing)
  • Integrated Stream plugin. No more need for a separate application
  • YouTube trailers can now be watched on Android device.
  • Add Norwegian translation (Thanks Erik F. / Rubba24 / Tommyla / Oyvindh / ...)
  • Bug fixes / Performance improvement

Do not forget to rate the application and G+1.
If you like this, please buy the Unlocker to ensure continued development.

Facebook : http://on.fb.me/13QNm5B
Twitter : http://bit.ly/XzZGaz
Google+ : http://bit.ly/1e2iS5z

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Stereodude - 2014-09-03

(2014-08-30, 11:15)Tolriq Wrote: @Stereodude : https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106607702940190202508 to apply for beta with this patch in.
Thanks for the offer, but I don't currently have an Google+ account, and I'm not sure I want to sign up for one (partial paranoia of Google and a strong dislike of social networks).

I have another question though. What is the criteria for an album to show up in the results when searching for an artist. For example, I searched the Artists listing for Zara and picked Sunlounger ft. Zara from the search results. If I have "Artists to Songs" checked in the Library settings of Yatse I see the following:

When "Artists to Songs" is unchecked I only see this:

Shouldn't I see one entry in the results for each of the albums that has at least one track where Sunlounger ft. Zara is an artist?

To troubleshoot this, I've forced a library synchronization with my OpenELEC box from Yatse, deleted the entire music database on the OpenELEC 4.1.5 system and rescanned my library from scratch and then forced a synchronization from Yatse, but the results don't change. Both Yatse 4.2.1 and 4.3.0 do the same thing.

Also, as one more data point if I do a local search on the OpenELEC box by artist for Zara and picked Sunlounger ft. Zara I see this:

It seems like if there are more than a certain number of album results Yatse does not display the albums where Various Artists is the album artist in the search results. I found this by accident while cleaning up my tags. Before I had a variety of variations of Sunlounger ft. Zara, like: Sunlounger feat. Zara, Sunlounger ft. Zara Taylor, Sunlounger & Zara, etc... I had several albums shown under each of those Artist listings. After modifying the tags on all those tracks so they were all Sunlounger ft. Zara there was only the one album listing. I also confirmed the same omission behavior for other artists where there are lots of Various Artists albums. Huh

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-09-03

Well Yatse does search for album artist for albums and song artists for songs Smile

This is something that needs major changes in Yatse to be addressed and that I can't really do before dropping support for Eden as tons of things have changed in XBMC between Eden / Frodo and Gotham.

But it will come one day Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Stereodude - 2014-09-03

(2014-09-03, 09:43)Tolriq Wrote: Well Yatse does search for album artist for albums and song artists for songs Smile
Okay, but it seems to behave differently depending on the number of albums with matches or perhaps the type of match it finds (or doesn't). For example, if I search for U2, and pick U2 & Mick Jagger as my artist search, I get the exact same results whether "Artists to Songs" is checked or not, and the result is a compilation album where the album artist is Various Artists. If I understand your comment correctly, that shouldn't happen when "Artists to Songs" is unchecked, or does it switch to searching song artists when it can't find any album artists that matches?

Artists to Songs unchecked:

Artists to Songs checked:

OpenELEC results for same search:

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-09-03

If no albums found then search for songs.

(2014-09-03, 13:56)Tolriq Wrote: If no albums found then search for songs.
Alright, thanks for the confirmation of how it works.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - iamelnino - 2014-09-03

I love Yatse was using it to chromecast to my parents tv from my phone and tablet.

Didn't even need to run xbmc!!! i did notice that i couldn't browse to home videos so that i could cast them.

Did i miss something? or is using a file manager the best option.

For the moment yes external file manager is necessary.

But maybe this will change one day Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - McButton - 2014-09-04

Thanks for the great work! I just found and purchased it. I liked the xbmc version, but you trumped it by far. Well done!
I have several questions that I can't seem to figure out.
1) On the Media Center Host page, what is the point of having multiple hosts? Does that just show each XBMC server I'm attached to...if I go to like a different house or something?
2) If I reset my router, I then have to search a new host, because the IP changes from 1.100 to 1.101 or something. I thought about doing a static IP, but then I'd have to manually set my whole house every time. SO... can I set Yatse to just recognize my xbmc automatically or set multiple hosts at once so I don't have to rescan?
3) I can't seem to get vids to play ON my phone from the xbmc. If I set it to local, I just get "preparing for media to stream" for a few seconds, then it sticks on that screen with no status bar. If I just use a different UPNP app, I can play them. I go MX Player, but it doesnt seem to link in. I can't figure out how to even use MX Player outside of playing vids from my phone directly. I tried Native, UPNP, Resume...all settings. I tried force MX, I turned it off. Nothing. Everything works fine except that.
4) Is there a way to keep the art, even away from my wifi? I tried downloading the cache, which worked a bit...but when my router reset, I have to download everything again (I think). If I could just keep all artwork on my device, that would be fine.
5) Last minor thing... is there a way to load Genre covers for movies or hide the TAG tab? No biggie. Just curious.

I think that covers everything. I've been messing with this for over a week and can't figure out my issues.
Thanks again!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - nickr - 2014-09-04

The different hosts are for the different XBMC machines in your house, or anywhere. I have 5 xbmc machines in my house. You may only have one :-)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - McButton - 2014-09-04

So, I select whichever one I want to utilize the remote on? Seems valid, but it would be cool to just have the whole app universal for all machines in the house to avoid the need to switch.....maybe...

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - nickr - 2014-09-04

Well then how would it know which machine to send the command to?

Technology is amazing. Look what THIS app can do. It's coming! ...now if only I could figure out the rest of my biz...

Que?