Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-09-30

I need XBMC starter logs not Kodi ones Smile

The main question would be what did you change to trigger this, as the program was not updated since years.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Magic815 - 2015-09-30

(2015-09-30, 14:06)Tolriq Wrote: I need XBMC starter logs not Kodi ones Smile

The main question would be what did you change to trigger this, as the program was not updated since years.

Ah, that makes sense. That's why I didn't think Kodi logs would help. How do I get the XBMC starter logs?

I'm not sure what changed. That's what's confusing me about this.

Edit:

Hmm - it looks like it might be an issue with how my Tasker profile is turning everything on. If I manually press power once, it turns the PC on. Then again, and Kodi will boot with no error message.

But then when I run my "Turn everything on" profile in tasker, which has a WoL command for turning on the PC, and then another WoL command for booting up Kodi, the error message will appear about the port being used. Is it possible this happens if the WoL command gets called twice in a short period of time?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - warlock09 - 2015-09-30

Hello..anybody or admin ..im having problems connecting on kodi in windows 10..seems im having problems connecting the app to win 10..i got the same IP ADDRESS ..SAME PORT 8080...ANY IDEAS ADMIN..THANKS..I HAVE THE FULL VERSION OF THE APP..i cant use app..

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Dokusan - 2015-10-02

warlock09, it could be one of the following:
- in your windows 10 there's some other service using port 8080 (it seems was in fact used in some build).
try changing the port in your kodi with 8088 or something else. then change it in yatse accordingly.

- your firewall or antivirus is blocking external access to port 8080. try disabling them in windows 10, see if it works.

- something else i forgot at the moment Smile
edit: right, open the address http://127.0.0.1:8080/ in your windows 10 browser, it should open the kodi default web interface. or something else, which is the problematic service.
also, check your kodi password. you enabled the password, right? ;P

Tolriq, your app is a must-have for heavy kodi use, cheers!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - ilomambo - 2015-10-02

I am using the paid version of Yatse on Isengard 15.2rc2

When playing a stream, and choosing the keyboard on Yatse, it does not really behave as a keyboard would during playback.

I mean, when you press 'x' the playback does not stop, 'f' does not forward, etc.

Am I missing some setting I have to enable?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-10-02

@Magic815 : Well I can't reproduce with quick clicks, but maybe tasker sends wrong packets or strange things.

@ilomambo : As the wiki explains you need to long press the keyboard in left menu to be in keymap mode. But well all those basics functions are covered in Yatse without this need.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - ilomambo - 2015-10-03

(2015-10-02, 20:48)Tolriq Wrote: @ilomambo : As the wiki explains you need to long press the keyboard in left menu to be in keymap mode. But well all those basics functions are covered in Yatse without this need.

Tolriq, thank you for your response. I will try it soon.

BTW, not all functions from the Keymap are covered (take for example 'o'), specially if I have my own keymap defined with custom key assignments.

Thanks!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-10-03

Well o is covered (Click the context button) Wink

And you can use the custom commands to execute anything on Kodi easily without the need to remember keys and keymap Wink

http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/wiki/CustomCommands

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - ilomambo - 2015-10-03

Well, Tolriq, I just gave it a try. Long press on Virtual Keyboard on the left menu.

It does open a toast saying "Keymap mode" but it does not really work for all the set keymaps. For example 'p' for play/pause did not work, spacebar for pause did not work, numbers + enter to go to a specific time in the movie, did not work (not from the main keyboard, neither from the 123 keyboard)

I did not test all possible keys, since I wanted to enjoy the movie, but this is FYI.

Also I tried to create my first Custom command "Action(OSD)" to show/hide the control panel while video playback. But it does not work at all. I wanted to imitate the key "m" and so I looked in the Keyboard keymap XML it says there for video playback "<m>OSD</m>"

Tolriq, If we are already talking, maybe I can tell you some things I find odd or would improve:

* If I press the keyboard from the upper toolbar a keyboard appears, with some keymaps working, most not. But, I expected that if I press it again it would close the keyboard. I know the keyboard has its own button to close it, but it seems natural that the toolbar button will toggle the show/hide

* More important, in the remote screen with the 4 arrows I miss very much buttons to page down/ page up / beginning / end , to go through long lists of songs or videos.

* In the main toolbar there are fixed buttons for Home, Movies, TV SHows, Music and Pictures. It would be great to have the option to add custom buttons there and make the toolbar scrollable in the horizontal way.

* And finally, it would be excellent to have gestures for the most common operations (no need to be customizable, as long as you choose more or less the most common uses and assign a gesture to them)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-10-03

Well without logs hard to really tells the problem, but Kodi and keymap are not friends from remotes and JSON RPC Wink

About custom commands, to send an action as the link explains you need to use built in, you can also use the keyboard ones to call your keymaps.

But again without logs I can't tell what's your problem.

For features request well as for logs : http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/issues is the way to go Smile

But for page down / up end / begin, again some limits in JSON API and Yatse is mostly made to browse on it and not on the big screen. (And in all Kodi list you can press right then up / down to have this function)

Thanks, I really should wait until I am more skilled in Yatse features before I open my mouth. I still have to learn how to display the lists in Yatse. Because in the big screen not always there is a scroll bar on the right, like in Thumbnail view or banners view.

BTW, I followed the link for custom commands and my custom command works now.

EDIT: Still being dumb, I found the scroll bar in the thumbnail and banner views. Shame on me.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Doktor-X - 2015-10-04

I'm chep can i get licence for free

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-10-05

I'm poor can you pay my food ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Kodi/XBMC Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-10-14

Yatse 5.8.6 just published.

Only a small bug fixes release.