Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-01

@TeKo : nope Sad

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-01

New page bug refresh Sad I really hope some admin find the problem Sad

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Wanilton - 2012-10-01

@Tolriq, is possible add one shortcut for music vĂ­deos together with movies, tv shows, music icons at app home?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - spyder - 2012-10-02

I have a suggestion. If possible could you make the remote go to keyboard when selecting SEARCH inside addons, and then return to folder view after pressing enter? This would make full navigation of addons seamless.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-02

@Wanilton : no because adding a button would break the stupid panel I use actually Smile but navigation will be totally rethink in 3.0 (and perhaps a part of it earlier).

@spyder : Well for the moment no since I don't use Xbmc notifications to stay compatible with other things planned, but I'll try to think about something for 3.0 too .

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - e2zippo - 2012-10-02

Hey Tolriq! Just wanted to drop by and say you're doing an amazing job on Yatse, really looking forward to 3.0 Wink

Cheers!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - TeKo - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 08:07)Tolriq Wrote: @Wanilton : no because adding a button would break the stupid panel I use actually Smile but navigation will be totally rethink in 3.0 (and perhaps a part of it earlier).

@spyder : Well for the moment no since I don't use Xbmc notifications to stay compatible with other things planned, but I'll try to think about something for 3.0 too .

List view for mainmenu and the option to disable buttons would be really cool.
Also Holo theme Wink

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - zaphod42 - 2012-10-02

Hi Tolriq!

I noticed a small glitch (only a cosmetik thing to be honest) in the UI.

Whenever I scroll through the list of movies or TV shows, the complete screen, or all pics at least, seems to be redrawn after stopping the scrolling which results in flickering of all the pics. The scrolling itself is really soft though, no flickering at all.

This is most noticeable when using banners in the TV Show list. After stopping the scrolling, for a split second you see the banners disapeare showing the text (name of the TV Shows) instead until the banners are redrawn again.

Hope you get what I mean... :-)

Tested on Samsung Galaxy S+ (GT-I9001) running Android 2.3.6 stock ROM.

Despite this, I'm still very impressed! :-)

Cheers,
Zap

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-02

@zaphod42 : There's some limitation in Android 2.3 and some phones about memory Sad If the cache is not big enough the sometimes the screen flickers Sad And banners and quite big memory consumer

v 2.7.2 uploaded to correct the stupid no song from albums.

Sorry for theses 2 fast hot-fix Sad

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - zaphod42 - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-02, 20:05)Tolriq Wrote: @zaphod42 : There's some limitation in Android 2.3 and some phones about memory Sad If the cache is not big enough the sometimes the screen flickers Sad And banners and quite big memory consumer

I don't think this is a memory or caching problem. I think, I've explained it somehow wrong or in a way which could be missunderstood.

First of all, it is not only noticeable in the banner view. You can see this in poster or grid view also.

When scrolling through the banner, poster or grid view, with a quick wipe over the display every single pic is perfectly shown without flickering during scrolling. When you then stop the scrolling with a finger tap while leaving the finger on the display, the pics are still perfectly shown. But then, when you release your finger from the display, it starts rendering the whole screen again. And that's where you notice this kind of flickering. This happens also, when the scrolling stops for itself without using a finger tap. Then the rendering is triggered immediately after stopping.

I'm no Android app developer but I think, releasing the finger from the display after stopping or if the scrolling stops for itself, some kind of "scroll end" event is generated which will trigger the screen rendering in your app. This is only a guess of course...

The screen refresh itself looks like all the pics are replaced (for a very short moment) with the default pic (when no poster is availabel for example) or in banner view with the name of the TV show and then all pics are newly loaded and rendered which causes the described flickering.

I have no other app, where I can see this behaviour.

Of course and again, this is only a cosmetic thing with no effect on funktionality. So priority to look into this should be low... Wink

Cheers,
Zap

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-03

This is exactly that I need to do a refresh on scroll stop to avoid some Android bugs.

But if the memory cache is not big enough then the refresh is done from SDCARD and then obvsiouly generate the small refresh glitch since it will show the temp image during some ms.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - zaphod42 - 2012-10-03

Hmm... ok, if you have to do it this way, to avoid Android bugs, I can live with it. Only thing, that makes me wonder is, why no other app I have shows such a behaviour? For example, QuickPic does super smooth scrolling through my picture lib, no flickering or something similar. If it is a general memory cache problem it should be also shown in this app... shouldn't it?

Howerver, I hope that I get my hands on Galaxy S3 and a Nexus 7 tablet in the next days. So I'll check it again on those devices.

Thanks for all your good work on this.

Cheers,
Zap

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-03

Well this is the only way I found to correct all known bugs on all platforms Smile

QuickPic may have some native code to have better results, I'm not an Android expert just started learning 10 month ago without lot's of time and I must admit even if design is awful for some users I'm quite proud of the performance of Yatse compared to tons of other applications Smile

(This was the auto congratulation minute :p )

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - TeKo - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 20:56)Tolriq Wrote: Well this is the only way I found to correct all known bugs on all platforms Smile

QuickPic may have some native code to have better results, I'm not an Android expert just started learning 10 month ago without lot's of time and I must admit even if design is awful for some users I'm quite proud of the performance of Yatse compared to tons of other applications Smile

(This was the auto congratulation minute :p )

When I scroll fast through Banners I can see the Title instead of banners too. On a Nexus. Way better for default movie view but still visible. Not really a problem.