Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-11-14

A little reminder to translators Smile

The new translation site is : http://www.getlocalization.com/Yatse/ just register there.

2.8 release is approaching and still missing a very few Danish / Italian translations.
(And much more in Portuguese_PT, Dutch, Nowergian, and lot's of other language if you want Yatse in your language for this releaseWink )

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-14

Tried beta and RC. So far the app works OK except a few issues:
- On a tablet (Acer Iconia Tab A510 with ICS) with landscape screen orientation "Add host" wizard always turns into portrait orientation. This is really annoying.
- Beta with XBMC 11.0 often does not refresh widget/lockscreen/background state. I'll still have to see how it works in RC though.
- In Russian with portrait screen orientation on a mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace 2) Setup option labels appear truncated (see the screenshot below). Is it possible to wrap words in option labels when they are too long, like it is done in explanation text below option labels?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-11-14

1) well this was more aimed at phone to avoid users missing some options. I'll remove this as most default options are correct.

2) I'll need your full settings configuration. Do you use wifi access point verification notification / time display and such ? (Triple check the wifi access point / wifi only settings).

3) Well no I can't I use standard android preferences screens and title does not even auto scroll Sad You'll perhaps need to reduce a little the verbosity of those title if possible.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Roman_V_M - 2012-11-14

(2012-11-14, 12:39)Tolriq Wrote: 1) well this was more aimed at phone to avoid users missing some options. I'll remove this as most default options are correct.

OK, thanks!

Quote:2) I'll need your full settings configuration. Do you use wifi access point verification notification / time display and such ? (Triple check the wifi access point / wifi only settings).

As I said, I need to test the latest beta/RC more thoroughly. If the problem persists, I'll provide more details.

Quote:3) Well no I can't I use standard android preferences screens and title does not even auto scroll Sad You'll perhaps need to reduce a little the verbosity of those title if possible.

Alas Sad Generally, Russian text is by 20% longer than the corresponding English one, so knowing all this, I've already tried to make the strings as short as possible. I'll review the translation, but the situation can hardly be improved. I'm afraid Russian users will have to use landscape orientation on their phones and/or carefully read explanation text below option labels (good that it is being wrapped) when working with Settings screen.
Also there are no such issues on my tablet in any orientation due to much bigger screen.

BTW, I still think that it would be nice to have an option to open "Now playing" screen by touching a widget while playing a media-file.

This is the case in Beta 2 Smile Notification or widget sends you to now playing if something is playing.

Re: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - warlion - 2012-11-14

toriq the new option for hardware keyboard solve any problem with aditional keyboards thanks for the really fast fix

btw about the russian string meaby you can add a option to reduce the font size small normal and large that can solve the string problem a lot of work I know lol

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - xbs08 - 2012-11-14

PT-PT translation updated Big Grin

Thanks Tolriq for all your work.

Thanks xbs08 Smile

For settings I use standard Android screens, I have no control on how it's showed on screen Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - solidsatras - 2012-11-14

(2012-11-14, 10:07)Tolriq Wrote: A little reminder to translators Smile

The new translation site is : http://www.getlocalization.com/Yatse/ just register there.

2.8 release is approaching and still missing a very few Danish / Italian translations.
(And much more in Portuguese_PT, Dutch, Nowergian, and lot's of other language if you want Yatse in your language for this releaseWink )
Any particular reason to use this service over transiflex?
Or do you plan to switch in the future?

Well this one is free for sure for non open source project.

And the feedback I got is that getlocalization is better to use to translate, due to the memory tools and such Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - schimi2k - 2012-11-14

no probs with the new RC till now Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - handbone - 2012-11-15

RC1 works just as well as Beta 2. I have noticed that is is using less memory, and seems to load the thumbs faster then before.

Although its not available on NOOK, I was able to transfer the app through ADB, and everything works like normal. I'm even able to use the widgets on the new HD Nooks.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - TeKo - 2012-11-15

When can we expect the new version to hit Play?

The old app works good on 4.2 but the lockscreen app looks kinda strange but even with Play Music it looks bad so I dont know how easy it would be to change something.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-11-15

Thanks for reports Smile

The new version is planned for Friday night Smile

I have absolutely no way to change anything on lockscreens Smile But in 4.2 there's now lockscreen widgets so in the future I will have better ways to do something that looks good Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - e2zippo - 2012-11-15

Sounds great Tolriq!

The lockscreen image is about the only thing left that really bugs me, the image is zoomed in and looks bad. But if you have no control over that, we can't blame ya Smile

Just wanted to congratulate you, you've done an amazing job with Yatse!

I remember when it first came out, it was only a widget and a remote (a good one though) and the iPhone had all these great remote's (Constellation, XBMC Commander) and I was hoping one of them would make its way to Android.

Now I don't even bother looking at another remote, Yatse does it all, and it does it VERY well!

Full featured, fast, smooth, without a doubt the best one on Android, and as far as I can tell it beats every one on iPhone as well.

Looking forward to 3.0 for tablets.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!