Kodi Community Forum
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=118251)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

[RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-03-23

It's already integrated with URL resolver

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - cenahum - 2013-03-23

Hi ajay,
Thank you for your atention and answer.
regards

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - Gull - 2013-03-23

Ajay I heard about play it addon for the first time today when you suggested it to watch awards shows in TV on DESI ZONE forum. Then i installed it from your repo closed xmbc then restarted and got play it service started screen. After that I installed firefox extension but when Click play it in bottom of the browser it give me this message.

PlayIt: Network error
Unable to connect or request time-out. Check PlayIt extension setting.

Let me commit that from the first page of this tread I did not get this point:-

**Set XBMC IP Address in Safari Extension. Match port number on both PlayIt XBMC service add-on and service client. Default port: 8181.

Would you plz advise me in the right direction that how I will put my xbmc ip address into the settings on my firefox extention. Mate as this is my first time, thats why I want to know that how to make this work and how can I set XMBC IP into firefox extension. I read out all the pages one by one but did not find any thing to clear this point so show the right way to do it for all newbies, Do you have any plan in near future to include Opera browser extension for playit addon? thanks.

I am using firefox v19.0.2 with windows xp.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - tyrionwarmage - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-18, 23:16)tyrionwarmage Wrote: Hi,

from time to time i'm getting an error when trying to play videos. (Message see below). Tried to fix it myself but was not able to Sad But i'm pretty sure i found the problem: YouTube.py (and probably many more) can't handle non-ascii characters in titles, like here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvtxiMEqnFU

It is containing a german umlaut (ä,ö,ü).

I hope this is easy to fix ? Smile

22:23:10 T:3212 ERROR: ERROR:root:'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 15-16: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\MCE\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.turtle\lib\snapvideo\YouTube.py", line 38, in retrieveVideoInfo
print title
File "<string>", line 6, in write
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 15-16: ordinal not in range(128)
22:23:10 T:3212 NOTICE: .
22:23:10 T:3212 NOTICE: ERROR OCCURRED :: (102, 'Video is either removed or not found. Please check other links.')
22:23:10 T:3212 ERROR: ERROR:rootSad102, 'Video is either removed or not found. Please check other links.')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\MCE\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.turtle\lib\common\XBMCInterfaceUtils.py", line 53, in callBackDialogProgressBar
returnedObj = function_obj(arg)
File "C:\Users\MCE\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.turtle\lib\moves\SnapVideo.py", line 116, in __addVideoInfo_in_item
__processAndAddVideoInfo__(item, item.get_moving_data()['videoUrl'])
File "C:\Users\MCE\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.turtle\lib\moves\SnapVideo.py", line 138, in __processAndAddVideoInfo__
raise Exception(ExceptionHandler.VIDEO_STOPPED, 'Video is either removed or not found. Please check other links.')
Exception: (102, 'Video is either removed or not found. Please check other links.')
22:23:10 T:3212 NOTICE: .
22:23:10 T:3212 NOTICE: PlayIt Service :: ERROR OCCURRED: (0, '')

Was able to fix it with a bit more googeling: Added "html = unicodedata.normalize('NFKD', html).encode('ascii','ignore')" with the according import unicodedata to the YouTube.py. Would be happy to see it added to your version for beeing able to update automatically.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - OlliLaukkanen - 2013-03-27

Hi ajay,

really nice addon, you have build there! Big Grin
It's very comfortable sitting on the couch and playing videos you search with the laptop.

If I could suggest something it would be this:

When I surf on the web, it would be nice to have the possibility to save video URLs for later watching in XBMC. Could you maybe add an option to "Watch this later" to the browser addons, which would create a video playlist in XBMC? Maybe Pocket can be used as the source.

What do you and the other users think about this?

PS: If there is already a solution for this, it would be nice if someone could give a the name of the addon.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - aptalca - 2013-04-02

Hi Ajay,

I am using this on windows xbmc and firefox extension

The only issue is that the firefox extension does not save the ip address. Every time I close the browser and restart, the extension defaults to apple.tv-local. Any way to make the xbmc address stick?

Thanks

EDIT: btw, my firefox extension is version 0.1 is that correct? auto updates are turned on, I get no other settings

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - mujunk - 2013-04-03

Hi Ajay,,,,nothing's working except for youtube, Seems like the URL revolvers got messed up.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - OlliLaukkanen - 2013-04-14

Hi Ajay,

I would like to suggest a change: As described above by aptalca, the firefox plugin does not save the hostname. I solved it by unzipping the XPI-file (addon file) and changing "apple.tv-local" to "myhostname". But it be cool if the addon would have a variable "hostname" in the settings menu of the addon. If it would be this way it also would be one click less to get the video playing (send the url directly after clicking the button with no need to confirm the connection parameters).

Great sunday everyone!

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-04-14

(2013-04-14, 18:14)OlliLaukkanen Wrote: Hi Ajay,

I would like to suggest a change: As described above by aptalca, the firefox plugin does not save the hostname. I solved it by unzipping the XPI-file (addon file) and changing "apple.tv-local" to "myhostname". But it be cool if the addon would have a variable "hostname" in the settings menu of the addon. If it would be this way it also would be one click less to get the video playing (send the url directly after clicking the button with no need to confirm the connection parameters).

Great sunday everyone!

Hi,

I know firefox plugin isn't good. I will look into it. Otherwise chrome and safari plugins are great and having auto-update feature which enables easy push of newer version of plugins.
I will work on firefox plugin and let you guys know.

Thanks,
Ajay

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - TechLife - 2013-04-15

Thanks again for such a great plugin!

I don't know if this is related to any of the above or not, but felt it worth mentioning. I (finally) updated to Frodo yesterday, installed PlayIt and nothing is playing. The command is being sent to XBMC just fine as I see "PlayIt Service: Processing your request" and then just receive "Error while processing your request". I tried several different videos and all have the same result. The only thing in the log is:
Code:
20:59:55 T:2592   FATAL: PlayIt Service :: ERROR OCCURRED: 'Request' object has no attribute '__initialize__'
If there is anything I can do or any additional information I can provide to help troubleshoot, please let me know and I will be more than happy to. I use this plugin quite a bit and thorough enjoy it!!

(Yes, I am using FireFox)

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-15, 05:05)TechLife Wrote: Thanks again for such a great plugin!

I don't know if this is related to any of the above or not, but felt it worth mentioning. I (finally) updated to Frodo yesterday, installed PlayIt and nothing is playing. The command is being sent to XBMC just fine as I see "PlayIt Service: Processing your request" and then just receive "Error while processing your request". I tried several different videos and all have the same result. The only thing in the log is:
Code:
20:59:55 T:2592   FATAL: PlayIt Service :: ERROR OCCURRED: 'Request' object has no attribute '__initialize__'
If there is anything I can do or any additional information I can provide to help troubleshoot, please let me know and I will be more than happy to. I use this plugin quite a bit and thorough enjoy it!!

(Yes, I am using FireFox)

Thanks for sharing the feedback and the error statement. This was enough for me to find the cause.
Yesterday I pushed some updated in base library of PlayIt add-on, but forgot to test it this one. I have made the necessary changes to fix the issue. Your XBMC will download the latest service add-on automatically or you can also do force refresh from settings->addon menu.

(2013-04-03, 23:47)mujunk Wrote: Hi Ajay,,,,nothing's working except for youtube, Seems like the URL revolvers got messed up.

Hi, I have made some fixes to handle the URL Resolver issue, try to run after my installing my update. The update would be applied by XBMC automatically if you want it soon apply using force refresh thru settings -> add-on

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - TechLife - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-15, 08:22)ajay Wrote: Thanks for sharing the feedback and the error statement. This was enough for me to find the cause.
Yesterday I pushed some updated in base library of PlayIt add-on, but forgot to test it this one. I have made the necessary changes to fix the issue. Your XBMC will download the latest service add-on automatically or you can also do force refresh from settings->addon menu.

Awesome. Thanks for the fix and the quick reply! I will try it tonight and let you know how I make out.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - mujunk - 2013-04-15

Can confirm as working 100% Openelec_RPi + Chrome.
You are a Star!

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - TechLife - 2013-04-16

It didn't work at first, I was getting the same error but after an uninstall/reinstall I was up and running. Thanks!!

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-04-16

(2013-04-16, 05:35)TechLife Wrote: It didn't work at first, I was getting the same error but after an uninstall/reinstall I was up and running. Thanks!!

Newer version of firefox add-on available: http://code.google.com/p/apple-tv2-xbmc/downloads/list