Kodi Community Forum
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner (/showthread.php?tid=118263)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - null_pointer - 2013-06-05

yes I may be able to help but will need a log file first, see the first post on how to produce a log file.

Make sure you use pastbin and then either post the link to the pastbin log data or PM me with the link if you don't want to put the link in the forum.

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - null_pointer - 2013-06-06

I got the log thanks :-)

From your log it looks like you do not have any sources set

NOTICE: MMS : VideoLibrary.GetSources results: {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"limits":{"end":0,"start":0,"total":0}}}

This sounds crazy, but do you actually have any sources set?

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - Many7695 - 2013-06-06

I really hope you mean something else other then the 469 movies that I have in my windows 7 hard drive. And just to mention again when using missing movie scanner on my android pick up all my movies. As of right know I'm watching one of my movies in XBMC

scratch that I checked my video sources and I had none to speak of eventhough I KNOW I DID and xbmc has been updating my new movies with IMDB data as well and I'm been watching them in xbmc. I guess all movie information was the cache that had been build. Can you me tell me what happened.

(2013-06-06, 02:21)Many7695 Wrote: scratch that I checked my video sources and I had none to speak of even though I KNOW I DID and xbmc has been updating my new movies with IMDB data as well and I'm been watching them in xbmc. I guess all movie information was the cache that had been build. Can you me tell me what happened.
Sorry I can not tell you what happened, or how it was still working, I just know that to work the Missing Movie Scanner needs the sources to be set correctly.

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - Milhouse - 2013-06-06

@Many7695: Are you using a MySQL database? Have you got sources defined in sources.xml?

I think it's possible to have a media library (eg. a pre-populated MySQL, maybe even export/import of database) without sources.xml (ie. no actual sources defined) - maybe that's what has happened here?

I'm not using MySQL database, It's a regular setup done by xbmc. the only thing that I have added outside of xbmc is the Remote Launcher that I use to turn on xbmc (which by the way works great) so I don't have to get off my ass, but that shouldn't have done anything like this but all I know the week before I installed remote launcher, missing movie scanner worked fine. so somewhere in-between updating to 3.2 and adding the remote launcher something went wrong.

so when you added back in the sources did it start working again?

Yes ii did. But I have a question, when I re entered the source of my music it took a few seconds for it to load the all the information in the path, remember it already had everything album art, artist, etc but when I re entered the source of my movies even though it had the name of movie, movie poster, etc it went through the whole setup process. So why would my music take a couple of seconds and my movies take longer to load the information fom source. It should add my music collection is large.

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - nickr - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-06, 17:05)Many7695 Wrote: Yes ii did. But I have a question, when I re entered the source of my music it took a few seconds for it to load the all the information in the path, remember it already had everything album art, artist, etc but when I re entered the source of my movies even though it had the name of movie, movie poster, etc it went through the whole setup process. So why would my music take a couple of seconds and my movies take longer to load the information fom source. It should add my music collection is large.
Wrong thread.

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - null_pointer - 2013-06-07

@nickr, I think it was the correct thread, well mostly :-)

@Many7695, sorry I am not sure why it took no time to add your music and a long time to add the movies, perhaps it wanted to rescrape them or something. The bigger question is wny did your sources disappear in the first place.

Also thanks for confirming adding back in the sources fixed your issue.

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - Many7695 - 2013-06-07

wish I knew

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - Tilo - 2013-06-19

thanks for updating the plugin and build in all the improvements from this thread

just tested 3.2.0 briefly and looks very good.
few feedback items,

- Missing.txt & results on screen, would be awesome if output is sorted by path (especial for TV Shows) -> I did it with Excel/Calc by rename to csv and declare "/" my separator

- Please add to the heading what got scanned and seconds to the time output
Now:
Code:
Missing Scan Results 2013-06-18 23:03
Suggestion to add what got scanned and seconds :-) :
Code:
Missing Movies Scan Results 2013-06-18 23:03:12

- does the blacklist also apply to folders / path information? how to add another entry like Extras
Code:
<setting id="blacklist" type="text" label="31004" default="sample.,-trailer.,Extras" />
does it need a dot at the end?
may I suggest to add a new entry as default at the and as example:
Code:
default="sample.,-trailer.,another-mms-BL-entry"
or put it in the app description

btw I like to change it directly in /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mms/resources/settings.xml as it easier to type (well my iOS keyboard remove the default entry)

cheers

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - null_pointer - 2013-06-23

- sorting can be done
- seconds and scan type scan be done

The black list is a list of strings separated by commas that if case insensitive match any part of the path or file name will cause the file to be ignored.

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - jmh2002 - 2013-07-12

Nice AddOn, thank you Smile Seems to work well so far.

1 small request: Can you please add "strm" to the list of default file extensions in settings.
(I have added manually myself for the moment)

Thank you Smile Smile

RE: Missing Movie Scanner - Hohlefrucht - 2013-07-25

Hi Guys thx for the addon

I have a similar problem to one guy a wile ago something with error code 32602.
The important end of the log file is here.

If i understand the old Posts correctly the bug with the capital letters should be fixed in version 3.2.0 what i'm using.

I use xbmc 12.2 on a Ubuntu Machine. Networkshare is mounted via smb and I have a mysql using setup. I also make use of the profiles system of xbmc.

Regards