Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - darwynz - 2013-10-12

yes I agree thanks for all the hard work... im praying you guys get it working again on the RPi because i ran out today and got a chromecast.... the video quality sucks in comparison.... returning it tomorrow

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Hyperium - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 03:28)darwynz Wrote: yes I agree thanks for all the hard work... im praying you guys get it working again on the RPi because i ran out today and got a chromecast.... the video quality sucks in comparison.... returning it tomorrow

Carb0 would have to step in and update the script for that to happen.

For anyone looking to get this working again on Windows, look a few posts back. There is a solution to get this add on working again.

Restarted - and guess what it's not working for me right now. I'm having problems with the exact steps I made, give me a few and I'll give a step by step process that will get this working for Windows users again.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - robla - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-10, 17:42)Carb0 Wrote: XBMC uses the specified User-Agent only to get the m3u8 file but uses the normal XBMC UA to download the key an receives an 403 forbidden message (according to Wireshark). But how can we force XBMC to always use the specified User-Agent? I'll have a look how the NBA and NFL add-ons are doing this.

You need more than just the user-agent info to get the key file. It's the same procedure as the nba and nfl services use for live games.

(2013-10-12, 07:45)robla Wrote:
(2013-10-10, 17:42)Carb0 Wrote: XBMC uses the specified User-Agent only to get the m3u8 file but uses the normal XBMC UA to download the key an receives an 403 forbidden message (according to Wireshark). But how can we force XBMC to always use the specified User-Agent? I'll have a look how the NBA and NFL add-ons are doing this.

You need more than just the user-agent info to get the key file. It's the same procedure as the nba and nfl services use for live games.

You don't, I've already got this to work.

Meaning - I watched Games in XBMC tonight and have used VLC.

Okay everyone here is the guide that actually works this time. And you're wrong robla, the other people making the NBA and NFL addons missed this - probably because XBMC is a hassle and doesn't pass the UA header after the first URL.

Now

Step 1. Download Fiddler

Step 2. Download WideCap ( Google Both and Download )

Step 3. In Fidder after you've installed it. Click on the toolbar - select user agent - press custom - Type or Paste = AppleTV/2.4

Step 4. In WideCap - Create a new proxy - HTTP - 127.0.0.1:8888 - Press OK.

Step 5. Still In Wide Cap - New Rule *From the left hand side - Name it to whatever you like - Click Chain - In the dropdown box 'Where it says select the proxy to chain' select the name you just created (proxy) - Press OK.

Step 6. Click View Programs on the left hand side in WideCap - Where it says proxify ALL PROGRAMS select that and make sure 'WHOLE SYSTEM' is selected - plus your proxy that you just set up. 'Rule'

Enjoy. -- You don't need Gotham Either.

From what I can tell a firewall will stop this from working. Temp disable and it should work.

(2013-10-12, 07:57)Hyperium Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 07:45)robla Wrote:

Meaning - I watched Games in XBMC tonight and have used VLC.

Okay everyone here is the guide that actually works this time. And you're wrong robla, the other people making the NBA and NFL addons missed this - probably because XBMC is a hassle and doesn't pass the UA header after the first URL.

Now

Step 1. Download Fiddler

Step 2. Download WideCap ( Google Both and Download )

Step 3. In Fidder after you've installed it. Click on the toolbar - select user agent - press custom - Type or Paste = AppleTV/2.4

Step 4. In WideCap - Create a new proxy - HTTP - 127.0.0.1:8888 - Press OK.

Step 5. Still In Wide Cap - New Rule *From the left hand side - Name it to whatever you like - Click Chain - In the dropdown box 'Where it says select the proxy to chain' select the name you just created (proxy) - Press OK.

Step 6. Click View Programs on the left hand side in WideCap - Where it says proxify ALL PROGRAMS select that and make sure 'WHOLE SYSTEM' is selected - plus your proxy that you just set up. 'Rule'

Enjoy. -- You don't need Gotham Either.

does this apply to live games, too? .. on archived games no doubt it's enough :-) but a real solution should be a simple xbmc plugin with a hls binary for the decryption and feeding via fifo to xbmc (like mlbhls).. not having to set up a bunch of external tools :-(

(2013-10-12, 07:57)Hyperium Wrote: XBMC uses the specified User-Agent only to get the m3u8 file but uses the normal XBMC UA to download the key an receives an 403 forbidden message (according to Wireshark). But how can we force XBMC to always use the specified User-Agent? I'll have a look how the NBA and NFL add-ons are doing this.

just checked > you are right.. at the moment the nhl servers don't check for more than the agent info.. but that's only on nhl.. nba and nfl aren't that stupid :-)

(2013-10-12, 09:44)robla Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 07:57)Hyperium Wrote: XBMC uses the specified User-Agent only to get the m3u8 file but uses the normal XBMC UA to download the key an receives an 403 forbidden message (according to Wireshark). But how can we force XBMC to always use the specified User-Agent? I'll have a look how the NBA and NFL add-ons are doing this.

just checked > you are right.. at the moment the nhl servers don't check for more than the agent info.. but that's only on nhl.. nba and nfl aren't that stupid :-)

I have tried NFL, trust me it works. -- And yes Live is the priority so it works.

Mind you, I haven't tried the addons from XBMC ( **NFL ) directly, I fed a link into the LiveStreams addon and it worked.

NBA, I haven't tried actually.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - mapleleafs89 - 2013-10-12

Need a better solution for XBMC on Apple TV.

Still don't have working. I updated to gotham but cannot get UA changed.

(2013-10-12, 15:27)mapleleafs89 Wrote: Need a better solution for XBMC on Apple TV.

Yeah, the method I gave only works on Windows at the moment. We'll need a script update to get everything working properly again for everyone.

RE: - Swiper the Fox - 2013-10-12

anyone know if roku is any good for gamecenter ?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - genesirius - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 16:51)Hyperium Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 15:27)mapleleafs89 Wrote: Need a better solution for XBMC on Apple TV.

Yeah, the method I gave only works on Windows at the moment. We'll need a script update to get everything working properly again for everyone.

yes please! i don't pay gamecenter live to watch this browser crap w 30 fps, lower bitrate and forced 16:9 ! this crap is tasteless

(2013-10-12, 21:03)genesirius Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 16:51)Hyperium Wrote:

yes please! i don't pay gamecenter live to watch this browser crap w 30 fps, lower bitrate and forced 16:9 ! this crap is tasteless

If you look back a few posts, I have a method that works with VLC if you're interested in setting that up temporarily.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - hewligun - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 00:30)Hyperium Wrote:
(2013-10-11, 23:46)avens19 Wrote: Shouldn't it be fairly easy to set up an on-the-box proxy that edits the UA before the request is made? I know for a fact Fiddler can do this.

Got it!!!!!!!

Step 1 : Download Fiddler and Proxifier - Use the custom UA "AppleTV/2.4" in Fiddler

Step 2 : In Proxifier Create a profile with an HTTP proxy of 127.0.0.1 and a port of 8888

Enjoy!

Just to reiterate - This is working on Windows, nothing else at the moment.

Can you explain this better? I dont see appletv/2.4 in the UA options.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - darwynz - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 19:18)Swiper the Fox Wrote: anyone know if roku is any good for gamecenter ?

I picked up the Roku 2 XD today from BestBuy ($59) and watched the 1st period of Boston/Columbus... worked flawlessly.....

(2013-10-12, 21:23)hewligun Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 00:30)Hyperium Wrote:
(2013-10-11, 23:46)avens19 Wrote: Shouldn't it be fairly easy to set up an on-the-box proxy that edits the UA before the request is made? I know for a fact Fiddler can do this.

Got it!!!!!!!

Step 1 : Download Fiddler and Proxifier - Use the custom UA "AppleTV/2.4" in Fiddler

Step 2 : In Proxifier Create a profile with an HTTP proxy of 127.0.0.1 and a port of 8888

Enjoy!

Just to reiterate - This is working on Windows, nothing else at the moment.

Can you explain this better? I dont see appletv/2.4 in the UA options.

You choose custom and paste it in, type is manually.

Although it may not work for you, I've gotten it to work on 2 computers, but am failing to do so on my 3rd.