Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-01-27

Which version of XBMC do you use? I only tested it on Gotham.

@all
Please stop posting the urls of streams.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - PV_XBMC - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-27, 07:38)Carb0 Wrote: Which version of XBMC do you use? I only tested it on Gotham.

For you, does everything work ok?

I have OpenElec 3.2.4 and it stops each 5 minutes...

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-01-27

Yes, I watched the Devils game last night. I only watched the last 90 minutes but it didn't buffer or stop once. I'm using Windows 7 64bit and XBMC Gotham.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - kabakaylen - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-27, 16:37)Carb0 Wrote: Yes, I watched the Devils game last night. I only watched the last 90 minutes but it didn't buffer or stop once. I'm using Windows 7 64bit and XBMC Gotham.

Hi Carb0,

Did you get it working by modifying only your localhosts file not the addon itself?

Thanks for everything!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Seafish - 2014-01-28

The hosts hack and the other site hack is actually similar. The ip which you replace nlsk.neulion.com is pointing to xrxs.net. nlsk.neulion.com is used to get the encryption key file, so now instead it gets from xrxs.net.
The hack from reddit is modifying m3u8 file to get encryption key from the same xrxs.net host.

So, I guess in your script you could modify m3u8 file after downloading to point to a "proper" location.

P.S. it's a shame NHL doesn't allow us watch games that we paid for on the device that we want to use and we are forced to implement all kinds of hacks Sad

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2014-01-28

think most people after modifying are experiencing problem with it freezing/and shutting off within 5mins
I use xbmcbuntu and it freezes screen / or crashes back to games list
where as some are saying, its running fine with no issues...........
I think most have moved past the hosts file dilemma !!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayman13 - 2014-01-28

I'm still getting the same behavior. After 5 min it dies and goes back to the live games screen. Frustrating as this is much better than Apple TV... I'm using xmbcbuntu.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - pett - 2014-01-28

Finally got it going here, 5 min issue as well.
windows 8.1 wasn't happening
ubuntu working with 5 min issue after editing hosts file

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - pett - 2014-01-28

Update to Gotham! Works perfect. windows 8.1 64 bit host file edited.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - redwing88 - 2014-01-28

It works! tested on openelec by modifying hosts file.

Update:

The random cutout to menu still happens.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bramwell - 2014-01-28

still not working on Windows 8.1 though I did ping the address in the host file and it pinged just fine.

I do have it working on my Pi, but it cuts out after only a few minutes back to the game menu like everyone else.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - 1080pete - 2014-01-28

How do I edit the host file on raspbmc? Haven't a clue where to beginSad
Thank you

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - [brick] - 2014-01-28

FWIW: Windows 7, Gotham, edited hosts file, and I've seen it all tonight.

Started with the BOS/NYI game, and was able to watch about 15 minutes, but it took about 35 with the dead slow buffering.
Switched to the COL/DAL game, and had buffering issues, then it froze and got booted out around the five minute mark. Watched that game via the website.
Now watching the EDM/VAN game. Buffered once around 3 mins in, and I'm currently at 22 minutes of good watching.

I think the hosts file fix is good. The buffering and booting I suspect is unavoidably on the server side. </twocents>

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Seafish - 2014-01-28

So, I tried to implement a fix, but couldn't make it work on windows with loading modified m3u8 file from disk. I belive the same issue was before with XBMC 12.
If I modify script by using links to m3u8 from some external site then everything works.
I tested on XBMC 13 only.

If someone wants to try here is my modified file. link
You don't need to edit hosts file now and I believe there are shouldn't be any interuptions in streaming.

Also, Carb0, there are 2 calls to downloadm3u8File even if we are on Gotham which is not needed. This is just a waste of time, I removed them from my file, this will make opening streams faster.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - 1080pete - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-28, 06:41)Seafish Wrote: So, I tried to implement a fix, but couldn't make it work on windows with loading modified m3u8 file from disk. I belive the same issue was before with XBMC 12.
If I modify script by using links to m3u8 from some external site then everything works.
I tested on XBMC 13 only.

If someone wants to try here is my modified file. link
You don't need to edit hosts file now and I believe there are shouldn't be any interuptions in streaming.

Also, Carb0, there are 2 calls to downloadm3u8File even if we are on Gotham which is not needed. This is just a waste of time, I removed them from my file, this will make opening streams faster.

Is the fix upgrading to 13? I don't see any way to update the pi, am I wrong?