Kodi Community Forum
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=119865)

- mcheng89 - 2012-02-28

europorsche914 Wrote:Ok are u running ios5? If so is private browsing turned on? When private browsing is on the iOS web guide doesn't work at all but that's an apple limitation

I wouldnt have figured that out.. Smile

- europorsche914 - 2012-02-28

mcheng89 Wrote:I wouldnt have figured that out.. Smile

I only know cause I only use safari with private browsing enabled :p

- gman3042 - 2012-02-28

mcheng, maybe this will help you with your HDHomerun Prime stuff

hdhomerun://13104679-0/0 14 WGBX?channel=qam256:26&program=14
hdhomerun://13104679-0/0 113 CHILLER?channel=qam256:88&program=5
hdhomerun://13104679-0/0 126 BBC AME?channel=qam256:63&program=13
hdhomerun://13104679-0/0 301 C-SPAN?channel=qam256:112&program=20
hdhomerun://13104679-0/0 660 TRAVEL?channel=qam256:72&program=2
hdhomerun://13104679-0/0 667 AMC HD?channel=qam256:15&program=1
hdhomerun://13104679-0/0 681 ESPN HD?channel=qam256:118&program=2
hdhomerun://13104679-0/0 682 ESPN 2?channel=qam256:79&program=2
hdhomerun://13104679-0/0 692 TENNIS?channel=qam256:75&program=3

from this thread...

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10606&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

13104679-0 is the tuner

- mcheng89 - 2012-02-28

Todo for next release: clean up ts files, temp folder, reload channel list on iOS app, http cache (almost done)... Add some sort of loading screen to ios app when starting video...

Basically just cleaning up stuff... Maybe today but definitely by tomorrow

mcheng89 Wrote:Todo for next release: clean up ts files, temp folder, reload channel list on iOS app, http cache (almost done)... Add some sort of loading screen to ios app when starting video...

dont forget the web gui lol Wink

- mcheng89 - 2012-02-28

europorsche914 Wrote:dont forget the web gui lol Wink

Yep that too. Give me some more ideas to implement...

- LehighBri - 2012-02-28

mcheng89 Wrote:Yep that too. Give me some more ideas to implement...

was 1080p implemented in the iOS web gui? i see 720 as the highest and am anticipating the ipad3 will support 1080p

mcheng89 Wrote:Yep that too. Give me some more ideas to implement...

I would like to see recording be added to the plugin but im sure that entails alot of work.. for the web gui I think I will add channel logo support (mentioned by someone in this thread) since that was requested and it wouldnt take much work but itll have to wait till I get time to mess with it again.. Smile

- mcheng89 - 2012-02-28

europorsche914 Wrote:I would like to see recording be added to the plugin but im sure that entails alot of work.. for the web gui I think I will add channel logo support (mentioned by someone in this thread) since that was requested and it wouldnt take much work but itll have to wait till I get time to mess with it again.. Smile

Maybe we can build off your web interface to schedule recordings. Smile
Thoughts on recording: epg search api, recording lock (so no one can use that tuner while it is recording + some override api incase something happens), database for show ids + search for new shows when epg gets updated, figure out recording if there's not enough tuners.

mcheng89 Wrote:Maybe we can build off your web interface to schedule recordings. Smile
Thoughts on recording: epg search api, recording lock (so no one can use that tuner while it is recording + some override api incase something happens), database for show ids + search for new shows when epg gets updated, figure out recording if there's not enough tuners.

Well that is possible but the first question would be local (client) or remote (host) storage.. I'd would prefer client storage for space reasons on the host machine but then the web page would need to tell the client to approve the download as it happens.. Not very convienent.. So if we record to the host machine we need a way to tell the host machine to delete the show after it has been viewed (plus handling events that you mentioned above which makes sense

- mcheng89 - 2012-02-29

mcheng89 Wrote:Todo for next release: clean up ts files, temp folder, reload channel list on iOS app, http cache (almost done)... Add some sort of loading screen to ios app when starting video...

DONE: clean up ts files, temp folder, added europorsche914's web file, fixed hardcoded tuner in web app, loading screen on playback start, reset all settings + channel cache on iOS app

v1.7.5 out...

EDIT: Thanks to gman3042 for the initial help on testing hdhomerun Smile...

- europorsche914 - 2012-02-29

mcheng89 Wrote:DONE: clean up ts files, temp folder, added europorsche914's web file, fixed hardcoded tuner in web app, loading screen on playback start, reset all settings + channel cache on iOS app

v1.7.5 out...

EDIT: Thanks to gman3042 for the initial help on testing hdhomerun Smile...

Ive read up on some of the hdhomerun references in this thread and it surprises me that there isnt a channel map that can be downloaded from the device similar to the ceton .cgi page.. It seems that the channels will require manual mapping to their correct channel numbers No

- mcheng89 - 2012-02-29

europorsche914 Wrote:Ive read up on some of the hdhomerun references in this thread and it surprises me that there isnt a channel map that can be downloaded from the device similar to the ceton .cgi page.. It seems that the channels will require manual mapping to their correct channel numbers No

Yea but the nice thing is that all the other calls are the same Smile

- bawitdaba - 2012-02-29

wow this is really cool I've wanted something like this since I started using Windows Media Center.

So I guess my first question before I get started is will this effect my Windows Media Center setup I have now? I have 4 network tuners assigned in there I can pull one off if needed.

Also can multiple people watch off of 1 tuner? Like if tuner 4 is tuned to channel 1836 can I have my laptop, iPad, PC, ect all watching that same stream without taking up more tuners?

Is there any DVR support for this in XBMC? I like Windows Media Center, but it often encounters Tuning Adapter issues and the .wtv files saved are copy protected and I can only play them back on 1 of my HTPC's

Great work on this!

- europorsche914 - 2012-02-29

bawitdaba Wrote:wow this is really cool I've wanted something like this since I started using Windows Media Center.

So I guess my first question before I get started is will this effect my Windows Media Center setup I have now? I have 4 network tuners assigned in there I can pull one off if needed.

Also can multiple people watch off of 1 tuner? Like if tuner 4 is tuned to channel 1836 can I have my laptop, iPad, PC, ect all watching that same stream without taking up more tuners?

Is there any DVR support for this in XBMC? I like Windows Media Center, but it often encounters Tuning Adapter issues and the .wtv files saved are copy protected and I can only play them back on 1 of my HTPC's

Great work on this!

Ok the first question: It is preferable that the cetonTV api has its own tuner, the ceton tuner doesnt do tuner sharing so at this time following the network tuner instructions is required for reliable tuner firing.

If more than one person wants to watch the same channel, xbmc will interupt the stream to change it to the channel requested... a very simple code change will force all users to watch the same channel but then the computer " in charge" will force all channel changes to the other clients unless no one has been watching for approximately 1 min... No recording capability had been added to the gui but it would not be hard to implement (theoretically)