Kodi Community Forum
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=119865)

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2012-03-17

havent worked on pvr today... Sad

@Rotceh07: CetonTV only runs on a windows computer for now... It basically sets up streams that can be used on other devices

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - Rotceh07 - 2012-03-17

ok i had one PC , i will try to install this , but this do not work with mac??

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2012-03-17

(2012-03-17, 04:57)Rotceh07 Wrote: ok i had one PC , i will try to install this , but this do not work with mac??

you can install the program on the pc and watch tv on mac

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - poconopaul - 2012-03-17

Does this stream in HD? I havd Cablevision boost(getting aroing 55 meg down and 8 meg up). I want to stream to other XBMC devices that I have set up at a vacation house(ISP is 5 down and 1-2 up). Will this be possible?Just wanted to make sure before I buy it. Thanks in advice and thanks for the plugin!

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - uspino - 2012-03-17

OK, I'm back from a trip overseas and I managed to do some testing (I think it was 1.9.5 when I left). 4000 miles away from home, I have to say RemoteCeton beats conventional place-shifting devices BY FAR. It's stable, and the stream quality is outstanding. On top of that, I measured bandwidth and RemoteCeton can give you a great-looking 576 or 720 stream using only 1 GB per hour, at a rate easily sustainable by most upload/download speeds on common Internet providers. It looks really good even on a big screen tv, which is great given the fact that you can use a small laptop with Serviio to connect to RemoteCeton and direct-stream to the TV using DLNA.

Now, I'm really looking forward to testing DirectStream on the iPad 3. I assume it might be choppy, as Ceton provides MPEG2 streams that the iPad can not decode natively, but who knows...

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2012-03-18

hdhomerun users, try
Removed...

read install.txt since it changed for hdhomerun users

edit: almost working... channelmap is broken on hdhomerun :S
if i hardcode the values it definitely works...

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - xboxbox451 - 2012-03-18

Thanks mcheng89! This is working out excellent. It's amazing what you accomplished in such little time, not to mention a coming PVR plugin?! Outstanding!

With your add-on, I can watch my Ceton stream from a remote PC, even with 4 tuners recording at the same time on my HTPC. Something even the provided Ceton Network wizard can't do, that is if you can get the network wizard to work properly.

Ceton should take a serious look at your progress and hire you as a consulting engineer, as their tuner is pretty much worthless without a proper app to run it, and so far, in Windows, MCE is about the only thing available. If you didn't already, you should contact Ceton and inform them of your project, and hopefully they would be interested in supporting your future development.

XBMC and your add-on could make a viable alternative to Windows MCE. As far as I understand, the fate of Windows MCE is uncertain. Its supposedly gonna be available in Windows 8, but just a ported version of it from Win7. Not to mention, Windows MCE as a PVR is very dated. It's already missing key functions the PVR's have that are provided by the cable companies.

XBMC with a PVR plugin such as yours, can bring new updated features making it the most advanced PVR app around.

Thanks again, and please keep up the great work.

(2012-03-18, 04:13)xboxbox451 Wrote: Thanks mcheng89! This is working out excellent. It's amazing what you accomplished in such little time, not to mention a coming PVR plugin?! Outstanding!

With your add-on, I can watch my Ceton stream from a remote PC, even with 4 tuners recording at the same time on my HTPC. Something even the provided Ceton Network wizard can't do, that is if you can get the network wizard to work properly.

Ceton should take a serious look at your progress and hire you as a consulting engineer, as their tuner is pretty much worthless without a proper app to run it, and so far, in Windows, MCE is about the only thing available. If you didn't already, you should contact Ceton and inform them of your project, and hopefully they would be interested in supporting your future development.

XBMC and your add-on could make a viable alternative to Windows MCE. As far as I understand, the fate of Windows MCE is uncertain. Its supposedly gonna be available in Windows 8, but just a ported version of it from Win7. Not to mention, Windows MCE as a PVR is very dated. It's already missing key functions the PVR's have that are provided by the cable companies.

XBMC with a PVR plugin such as yours, can bring new updated features making it the most advanced PVR app around.

Thanks again, and please keep up the great work.

Could you explain this? Sounds interesting... Your watching and recording on one tuner at the same time Huh
Quote:With your add-on, I can watch my Ceton stream from a remote PC, even with 4 tuners recording at the same time on my HTPC

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - xboxbox451 - 2012-03-18

[quote='mcheng89' pid='1048861' dateline='1332038336']
Could you explain this? Sounds interesting... Your watching and recording on one tuner at the same time Huh

I was making a comparison to Cetons Network Wizard, that supposedly allows you to stream a tuner on any PC within your network. However, in order for the network wizard to work, it needs to dedicate a tuner for streaming.

I'm not claiming I'm recording from a networked PC, just receiving a stream, while still being able to record with all 4 tuners on the HTPC my Ceton tuner is installed on. At least I hope thats how its supposed to work.

(2012-03-18, 04:53)xboxbox451 Wrote: I was making a comparison to Cetons Network Wizard, that supposedly allows you to stream a tuner on any PC within your network. However, in order for the network wizard to work, it needs to dedicate a tuner for streaming.

I'm not claiming I'm recording from a networked PC, just receiving a stream, while still being able to record with all 4 tuners on the HTPC my Ceton tuner is installed on. At least I hope thats how its supposed to work.

yep thats how it should work. hmm... might need some more changes

but its main purpose was to watch tv from anywhere even outside your network! (slingbox alternative?)

EDIT: hdhomerun is almost done!
hdhomerun build - CetonTV v1.9.9:
http://www.mediafire.com/?crnce1x5alk9w3l
follow install.txt for hdhomerun users

also updated web interface to 2.8

thanks to gman3042 for testing alot of builds!

@europorsche914: I see your making use of the episode description Smile

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2012-03-19

updated to v2.0.0 - only compiled for windows right now...

todo:
- Airplay iOS streaming
- Check hdhomerun stream (always returns a status of success for http api right now)
- Fix for sharing tuner with if wmc is recording

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - DarkApathy - 2012-03-19

I'm running it on Apple TV - Is there a reason the video stops on my tv after 30 minutes or so (remoteCeton is still running, and python is still running - just no picture and i have to exit python and go back in)? Is it because there isn't any activity? i.e. change channels. If so, could i turn that off?

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2012-03-19

(2012-03-19, 05:29)DarkApathy Wrote: I'm running it on Apple TV - Is there a reason the video stops on my tv after 30 minutes or so (remoteCeton is still running, and python is still running - just no picture and i have to exit python and go back in)? Is it because there isn't any activity? i.e. change channels. If so, could i turn that off?

does remoteceton shutdown the tuner stream or is it just the plugin stopping?

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - xboxbox451 - 2012-03-19

I might be doing something wrong, but I can't find the PVR Clients under installed add-ons. I'm running a Windows XBMC build compiled on 3.14.12, can't give a revision number since it displays as Git-Unknown.

SETUP XBMC PVR plugin
1. Copy pvr.cetontv to %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons <-- Did this, though there's no folder named "pvr.cetontv", just a folder named "pvr.ceton", which is what I copied into add-ons.

2. Open XBMC

3. Go to Add-ons <-- I'm assuming you want me to go to "System > Addons", which is where I went looking for PVR clients.

4. Go to Installed Add-ons <-- I don't show "Installed Add-ons", I do show "Enabled Add-ons", and when I go into that I cannot find "PVR Clients".

5. Go to PVR Clients

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - europorsche914 - 2012-03-19

(2012-03-18, 04:55)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 04:53)xboxbox451 Wrote: I was making a comparison to Cetons Network Wizard, that supposedly allows you to stream a tuner on any PC within your network. However, in order for the network wizard to work, it needs to dedicate a tuner for streaming.

yep thats how it should work. hmm... might need some more changes

but its main purpose was to watch tv from anywhere even outside your network! (slingbox alternative?)

EDIT: hdhomerun is almost done!
hdhomerun build - CetonTV v1.9.9:
http://www.mediafire.com/?crnce1x5alk9w3l
follow install.txt for hdhomerun users

also updated web interface to 2.8

thanks to gman3042 for testing alot of builds!

@europorsche914: I see your making use of the episode description Smile

yep and i just added program descriptions and logos to the iOS web gui:
Download iphone.html
EDIT:revised so program info appears on the more info screen for each channel, and added logos there too. Wink

BTW: screenshot from new iPad 3 Smile