Kodi Community Forum
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=119865)

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - dbqbbq - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 05:07)jfoley Wrote: Not sure if it is just me or not, but it seems like after a reboot, I start the "TV" application. I have to then "Restart" the application before I can use it. If I don't "Restart" it, I get errors when trying to start a stream.

Finally, is there a way you can create a service out of the tv.exe? If not, any suggestions for auto-starting the application after a reboot?

If you're running a Windows machine just add a shorcut to tv.exe in the startup folder (in the start menu). On my machine it seems tv.exe loads before Windows recognizes the tuner and so tv.exe fails to load the tuner when it starts this way. If this is the case for you I can share a simple batch file which will fix this (basically just code a pause before starting tv.exe). This won't make tv.exe run as a service but it's close (you'll still see the cmd window so it's not completely hidden the way a typical service is).

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2013-04-05

0.5.9:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y0ap2c4xbnzk2qe

* Clean up plex plugin
--- Added server port and transcode settings to preferences
* Reload tuner status on force stop in status page
* Easier application setup
--- vlc plugin does not need to be copied into vlc folder anymore
--- Autodetect vlc folder path

Todo:
- mobile interface update
- windows service/tray icon?
- plex channel - test desktop client
- logos? (My Channel Logos app)
- wmc friendly

@jfoley: do you see the same issue as dbqbbq where the tuner fails to load?
@dbqbbq: how long of a pause do you use right now?
@jfoley, @dbqbbq: just to confirm, are you both using ceton?

I'm guessing the issue is because the ceton device is initializing? This probably needs to be fixed before we can create a service.
Possible fixes: put a startup delay as a startup option or retry searching for the device for some period until its found?

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - dbqbbq - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-05, 02:48)mcheng89 Wrote: @dbqbbq: how long of a pause do you use right now?
I use 30 seconds but I picked that sort of randomly - I'm fairly certain a shorter pause would be fine (at least for most setups, it might depend somewhat on the speed of the rig). I use the Ceton PCI-e version so this issue might be different for the USB version.
(2013-04-05, 02:48)mcheng89 Wrote: @jfoley, @dbqbbq: just to confirm, are you both using ceton?
I am, PCI-e version.

(2013-04-05, 02:48)mcheng89 Wrote: I'm guessing the issue is because the ceton device is initializing? This probably needs to be fixed before we can create a service.
Possible fixes: put a startup delay as a startup option or retry searching for the device for some period until its found?

Yes, from what I can tell I think the issue is that tv.exe loads before Windows has loaded the drivers for the Ceton. Thus the Ceton doesn't exist (as far as Windows is concerned) when tv.exe looks for it and so the tuner can't be loaded. I think either of the fixes you mentioned would be fine - depends on which you think would be easier to implement.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - jfoley - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-05, 02:48)mcheng89 Wrote:
@jfoley: do you see the same issue as dbqbbq where the tuner fails to load?

I haven't tried to add it to the startup folder. One time I tried to create a Windows task to start the tv.exe after a reboot but that didn't seem to work so I haven't messed with it anymore. I was going to wait and see if a "Service" was coming down the line.
(2013-04-05, 02:48)mcheng89 Wrote: @dbqbbq: how long of a pause do you use right now?
@jfoley, @dbqbbq: just to confirm, are you both using ceton?
I have both a PCI-E Ceton and an HD Homerun Prime.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - dbqbbq - 2013-04-07

Just updated to the latest version (from 0.5.5) and I'm still seeing failure when changing channels (I have only one tuner, this was supposed to be address in 0.5.7 I believe). Interestingly I don't see the issue through XBMC pvr plugin but do see it when using the web interface. Anyone have any thoughts/fixes (other than assigning a second tuner)?

mcheng - any chance we could get a mute button on the flash web interface? Aspect ratio scaling would be nice too if it's not too hard (i.e. an option to scale the video while respecting aspect ratio as compared to the stretch to fit it currently does).

Relevant logs: http://pastebin.com/WueWdZhu (I attempted to stream channels 553,552,551,550 in that order, only first and third requests worked)

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2013-04-07

@dbqbbq: Just fixed it and I actually spent time testing it this time :\
Because of that I found a serious issue and that should be fixed too!
Using the force stop button on status page or api will cause a deadlock because I forgot a mutex unlock
For now, dont force stop a tuner

Need to do a quick release...

v0.5.10b:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4wbllr23ln3a270

* Fixed tuner selection if only one tuner is enabled - #2
* Fixed deadlock if force stop is used on a stream

@dbqbbq: I'll add a mute and fix the stretching issue in the next update

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - jfoley - 2013-04-07

What exactly does the pvr.tvserver do? Does it give me the ability to record/watch recorded shows via streaming?

(2013-04-07, 04:44)jfoley Wrote: What exactly does the pvr.tvserver do? Does it give me the ability to record/watch recorded shows via streaming?

It only lets you watch live tv right now.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - jfoley - 2013-04-07

(2013-04-07, 05:04)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 04:44)jfoley Wrote: What exactly does the pvr.tvserver do? Does it give me the ability to record/watch recorded shows via streaming?

So is it a different watching experience than the normal ways like vlc, flash etc?

(2013-04-07, 05:17)jfoley Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 05:04)mcheng89 Wrote:

So is it a different watching experience than the normal ways like vlc, flash etc?

It's a xbmc pvr plugin. It basically lets you watch tv using the xbmc interface.

The other options are for outside xbmc, like browser/mobile viewing.

- enigma2 support - in progress
--- channel group support - done
--- channel groups in clients - in progress
- fix logos (My Channel Logos app) - in progress
- web interface tweaks - mute + proportional stretch - in progress
- mobile interface update
- windows service/tray icon?
- plex channel - desktop client
- wmc friendly

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - dbqbbq - 2013-04-08

(2013-04-07, 04:42)mcheng89 Wrote: @dbqbbq: Just fixed it and I actually spent time testing it this time :\
Works, thanks.

(2013-04-07, 04:42)mcheng89 Wrote: @dbqbbq: I'll add a mute and fix the stretching issue in the next update
Thanks!

Just an fyi the pvr plugin still seems to have issues when the server is secured. Massfeller reported the issue back on page 98 (post 973) and I have the same issue when I try to secure the server (not a big deal to me though, I'm willing to run unsecured). I looked into the logs and it doesn't seem like there are any errors - the plugin claims to have downloaded a channelmap but that channelmap is empty. I know this was a known error in remoteCeton 2.2.3 so if it's too hard to find/fix that's cool.

With that said, at least for me the issue only arises for the pvr client (not the script client or the web interface). This might provide some hint since script.tvserver and pvr.tvserver are presumably quite similar so the difference might be easier to find? If you want you could send me the source for script.tvserver and I could compare to pvr.tvserver to see if I can figure anything out (I'm no expert on any of this but I can read through to see any differences if that's something you don't want to do). Another possible hint is that if I leave the xbmc plugins configured for a secure server (i.e. set 'secured'=true in the plugin configuration) even when the server itself isn't secured (i.e. set 'secured'=false within the server itself), everything works like it should. I'm not sure what this would indicate but seems like it could be some sort of clue...

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2013-04-09

@dbqbbq: I'll look into it sometime this week. Also, the python source for script.tvserver is there. It's somewhere inside one of the folders.

This might be a slow week for updates.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - dbqbbq - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-09, 00:25)mcheng89 Wrote: @dbqbbq: I'll look into it sometime this week. Also, the python source for script.tvserver is there. It's somewhere inside one of the folders.
Found it, and I think I found the issue. I've sent you a PM describing what/where the error is. I don't know how to compile the C++ code into a dll so I can't test the fix but I'm fairly certain it will work.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - docluv01 - 2013-04-10

hi Guys, I'm sorry if this question has been answered already...

I have a (2) HDHomerun prime both with cablecards. Both work perfect in windows media center, with all my subbed channels.

I installed and ran the server software, and followed the install.txt file. Everything seems to work great Smile

The question I have is that some channels don't seem to come in. I am able to get all the cable channels like ESPN, Doscovery, etc., But none of teh movie channels (HBO, STARZ, etc) seem to come in. I tried adding the channels manually, but I get a grey or green screen. It seems the software is picking up the encryoted channels, but not any of the movie channels....

Is there an additional step I need to do?

Thanks in advance!!!

BTW, I have Cablevision, in Yonkers NY. (Westchester Digital)

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-10, 18:05)docluv01 Wrote: hi Guys, I'm sorry if this question has been answered already...

I have a (2) HDHomerun prime both with cablecards. Both work perfect in windows media center, with all my subbed channels.

I installed and ran the server software, and followed the install.txt file. Everything seems to work great Smile

The question I have is that some channels don't seem to come in. I am able to get all the cable channels like ESPN, Doscovery, etc., But none of teh movie channels (HBO, STARZ, etc) seem to come in. I tried adding the channels manually, but I get a grey or green screen. It seems the software is picking up the encryoted channels, but not any of the movie channels....

Is there an additional step I need to do?

Thanks in advance!!!

BTW, I have Cablevision, in Yonkers NY. (Westchester Digital)

I'm guessing those channels are flagged as copy once which is why you can see them. Basically, those channels are encrypted so that only licensed software can view them.

@dbqbbq: I'll have your changes done by the weekend. (xbmc and web interface) Might start sometime thursday/friday on it.