Kodi Community Forum
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=119865)

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - cinemagic - 2013-05-06

I have Openelec xbmc, I am trying to add pvr client into it, I copied tvConfusederver folder on add-ons folder but I cannot see tvConfusederver into pvr client listing, Can anybody help me for this.

Re: RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Rigbyrobot - 2013-05-06

(2013-05-06, 16:51)cinemagic Wrote: I have Openelec xbmc, I am trying to add pvr client into it, I copied tv:server folder on add-ons folder but I cannot see tv:server into pvr client listing, Can anybody help me for this.

with the tvserver add on it acts like an addon, so you would find it in addons and configure it to listen on the ip and port your serving from and use the built in pseudo tv epg. if you want to use the native xbmc epg you'll have to find the pvrserver addon and drop it into the addon folder, enable and configure it through the pvr addon settings (settings-addons-pvr addons-pvrserver, config). you should then restart xbmc to ensure the epg is repopulated.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - guys2 - 2013-05-07

This is a great program on windows. When I try and run the server on the Mac I get illegal instruction and it crashes. Any help or ideas would be great.
I'm on OSX 10.6.8

Thanks

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-05-08

I was busy doing other stuff for a few days. I'll take a look at the rest of the posts tonight/tomorrow.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - rtwolfe - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-03, 07:32)rtwolfe Wrote: Ought oh. Live TV viewing is working fine, but my EPG is now empty.

Scanned for possible solutions. No good answers.

When I look at \Users\...\Appdata\Roaming\addons\script.tvserver\resources My XMLTV.XML file is full of data when I run the EPGupdater.bat.

When I go to \Users\...\Appdata\Roaming\userdata\Database

My EPG.db was really small but I have tried deleting the epg#.db, then reopening XBMC.
Have tried the setting under System - Live TV - EPG, where you reset the EPG.DB but that did not help. Still the EPG says "NO EPG Entries" when I call up the EPG, via keyboard - e or going in via Live TV. Am guessing my epg database is not being updated.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Solved this one by re-installing from the start. I think there was something wrong with my old mc2xml.chl file. I'd saved my current mc2xml.chl file before I re-installed tv server and the XBMC scripts. When I added the mc2xml.chl file and ran EPGUpdater.bat, I got an empty xmltv.xml. When I removed it, I got a big xmltv.xml. I had edited the mc2xml.chl file a while ago to try to make the channel names more readable, so am guessing that caused the problem.

When I recreated the mc2xml.chl from scratch, I got a nice sized xmltv.xml. To populate the EPG, I noticed that the 'EPG enabled' checkbox was unchecked on the TV::Server Settings webpage. When I checked the box and waited until EPG hour of the Day on the TV::Server Settings webpage was passed, I found the EPG#.db was updated and XBMC EPG was right.

That's the good news. Less good is that I was watching a hockey game on TV and all of a sudden, the audio had a loud buzz. I stopped XBMC to end it amd now I get a C++ redistribution error when I try to launch Live-TV. I had to disable PVR to make the C++ error go away. Am scanning logs to see if I can figure out what went bad. Re-installed at the C++ redistributions on my PC to see if that fixes it. Hoping to be back up soon.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-05, 21:28)Rigbyrobot Wrote: I have the tvConfusederver up and running in xbmc really well, thank you so much. I have been trying to get it to work with plex but having some trouble there. I can get it to work on the plex ht beta release for windows though a bit spotty but for the android plex app not at all, so I'm thinking it's a configuration issue with in the app. I was just wondering if there was anyone who could advise to the best set up?

I dont have an android device, so it's kind of hard for me to test that. Do you have direct stream/play options enabled?
I havent tested the plex ht beta, but I plan on doing that soon.

(2013-05-07, 01:27)guys2 Wrote: This is a great program on windows. When I try and run the server on the Mac I get illegal instruction and it crashes. Any help or ideas would be great.
I'm on OSX 10.6.8

I'll try to investigate this :\

@rtwolfe: did you ever figure it out?

Ok. I think I found the cause of the audio buzzing! Going to try to see if I can fix it now.

@dbqbbq: Can you try this?
http://www.mediafire.com/?rude9gwy9uh1fh2

Replace this file:
<VLC folder>\plugins\stream_out\libstream_out_transcode_plugin.dll

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-09, 00:21)mcheng89 Wrote: @dbqbbq: Can you try this?
http://www.mediafire.com/?rude9gwy9uh1fh2

Replace this file:
<VLC folder>\plugins\stream_out\libstream_out_transcode_plugin.dll

I've seen several local 4:3 commercials on 16:9 channels and haven't had any buzzing yet (that's when I used to get it). Seems like you might have fixed the buzzing Smile
Edit: Watched for about 1.5 hours and didn't get any buzzing so I'm fairly certain you fixed it.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - HowIChrgeLazer - 2013-05-10

First off, thank you for the effort on this mcheng89. I have one tuner dedicated to being a slingbox out of the four on my infiniTV device, it's working very well.

I do have one thought though (it involves aesthetics, so it's a very low priority idea). Is it possible to set a value in the server config that will prevent the TVServer from launching a browser window on execute? I have it running on my HTPC at startup. So when the server boots up, it pops open a browser.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-05-10

(2013-05-10, 04:40)HowIChrgeLazer Wrote: First off, thank you for the effort on this mcheng89. I have one tuner dedicated to being a slingbox out of the four on my infiniTV device, it's working very well.

I do have one thought though (it involves aesthetics, so it's a very low priority idea). Is it possible to set a value in the server config that will prevent the TVServer from launching a browser window on execute? I have it running on my HTPC at startup. So when the server boots up, it pops open a browser.

Will make the changes this weekend.

Re: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Rigbyrobot - 2013-05-11

I have tried with and with out the direct play options on the android phone. With direct play on and 320kbps and enabling the new transcoder I can get 0.5-1 sec of video. The logs indicate that the tvserver is acting as it should, no errors are reported, the plex server logs show that plex finds and start the stream and then errors out. When I finish my honeydos I'll upload the logs.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-10, 04:40)HowIChrgeLazer Wrote: First off, thank you for the effort on this mcheng89. I have one tuner dedicated to being a slingbox out of the four on my infiniTV device, it's working very well.

v0.6.0-test:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w6vfaomo1pcap0x

Add vlc patched dll to install instructions for commercial transcode issues
Add tv.silent.bat to start the tvserver without a command prompt and browser page.

I didnt try running this yet. Will do that tomorrow :\

@dbqbbq: I'll take a look at your iphone.html tomorrow too!

(2013-05-11, 20:23)Rigbyrobot Wrote: I have tried with and with out the direct play options on the android phone. With direct play on and 320kbps and enabling the new transcoder I can get 0.5-1 sec of video. The logs indicate that the tvserver is acting as it should, no errors are reported, the plex server logs show that plex finds and start the stream and then errors out. When I finish my honeydos I'll upload the logs.

If you want, you can use the http://<server ip>:8888/m/iphone.html interface to play on the android, until I figure out what's wrong with it.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - HowIChrgeLazer - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-14, 04:32)mcheng89 Wrote: v0.6.0-test:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w6vfaomo1pcap0x

Add vlc patched dll to install instructions for commercial transcode issues
Add tv.silent.bat to start the tvserver without a command prompt and browser page.

I didnt try running this yet. Will do that tomorrow :\

Overwrote the old VLC plugin for stream_out and my TVServer files. Stream continues to work well, plus it's silently operating on the HTPC (stoked that the prompt is also silent). Great addition. The first round of commercials are so far so good too.

The only small thing I noticed thus far is just a version mismatch on the web admin interface under settings. Currently says it's 0.5.10.

Many thanks for the quick updates to this project. Cool

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - rtwolfe - 2013-05-16

@rtwolfe: did you ever figure it out?

Thanks for asking!

Tried it. Sorry to report it did not fix the problem.
Still get the C++ errors whenever I try to use Live TV. Have turned OFF PVR. So do I need to re-install everything from scratch?

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - guys2 - 2013-05-20

I got the new CETON InfiniTV eth 6 channel tuner. Is they're any chance to make this work with this tuner? Is there anything I can provide that would be helpful?

Thanks
Guy

Re: RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Rigbyrobot - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-20, 18:00)guys2 Wrote: I got the new CETON InfiniTV eth 6 channel tuner. Is they're any chance to make this work with this tuner? Is there anything I can provide that would be helpful?

Thanks
Guy

have you tried it? set up the server and fire it up, see if it finds your tuners, not sure whats new about the new ceton cards just read an article about them in passing (missing remote maybe) but I'd imagine they're not so different that the calls this program uses would be obsolete.