Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

- umOuch - 2012-02-20

ialand Wrote:ok this is kinda strange. On Eden B3, open the plug in up. Try to play anything. I get the 1st advert then it quits with "can't find next item in list" (sorry, not near the TV to get the exact message). Plays the ad lovely, but not the actual program.

I had the same yesterday. Go into the addOn settings and disable pre roll adds. Solved it for me. Tame out all adds for that matter(;

- ialand - 2012-02-20

Abrasher Wrote:I had the same yesterday. Go into the addOn settings and disable pre roll adds. Solved it for me. Tame out all adds for that matter(;

Nope, didn't help, same thing "can't find a next item to play" and it STILL plays the "This program is brought to you with limited commercial interruption by..." l after unchecking pre-roll ads and setting the # to 0.

- kreeturez - 2012-02-20

ialand Wrote:Nope, didn't help, same thing "can't find a next item to play" and it STILL plays the "This program is brought to you with limited commercial interruption by..." l after unchecking pre-roll ads and setting the # to 0.

Try changing your CDN in the addon settings.

You're connecting from the US, right?

- ialand - 2012-02-20

kreeturez Wrote:Try changing your CDN in the addon settings.

You're connecting from the US, right?

Yes, am.. suggestion as to which to set it to?

- kreeturez - 2012-02-20

ialand Wrote:Yes, am.. suggestion as to which to set it to?

Cycle through them; but Akamai works for most... To be sure, try a different video after each change Wink

- rahduke - 2012-02-22

wow this plugin works great for serving me ads! I'm running Eden on Ubuntu 11.10, I've tried to set the content provider and disabling pre-roll ads however no actual show/move ever plays. It just plays ads, over and over and over again until it the script fails! I've never been able to get this plugin working right Sad

- locomot1f - 2012-02-22

@rahduke

where to begin...
wow! i know... how about the first page of this forum.
you know, where it talks about xbmc.log(s) and stuff...
(a little sarcasm, for the sarcasm)

-- it sounds like your librtmp is not up to par. again, it's gonna take some work on your part providing us with information we need to help get you going. :-D

Shows not showing in Subscriptions - Porret - 2012-02-22

I am having an issue that I am hoping someone on this forum can help me resolve. I checked the previous posts but did not see any similar problems. Most networks are showing up correctly in my Subscriptions. However, shows from some networks are not - for example House Hunters from HGTV.

Can someone please let me know how to fix this problem? Thanks.

- Aenima99x - 2012-02-22

BlueCop - Is there any way to disable the "Free Software" warnings? I run a cron job nightly to execute BradVido's XBMC.MyLibrary script and when it gets to the Hulu stuff it hangs because of the warning nag screen. Thanks for the awesome work.

- pkscout - 2012-02-22

Aenima99x Wrote:BlueCop - Is there any way to disable the "Free Software" warnings? I run a cron job nightly to execute BradVido's XBMC.MyLibrary script and when it gets to the Hulu stuff it hangs because of the warning nag screen. Thanks for the awesome work.

I ran into the same thing this morning. What I did as a work around is to disable automatic updates of plugins. That way I know right after the update to go into Hulu and click on OK.

- bradvido88 - 2012-02-22

Aenima99x Wrote:BlueCop - Is there any way to disable the "Free Software" warnings? I run a cron job nightly to execute BradVido's XBMC.MyLibrary script and when it gets to the Hulu stuff it hangs because of the warning nag screen. Thanks for the awesome work.

I set up a listener to remove the nag whenever it is updated. I'll share when i get some time, as long as BlueCop doesn't have any objections (or better ways to handle this).

You just have to delete the plugin.video.hulu/resources/cache/warning file. If it exists, then the disclaimer is shown.

- kreeturez - 2012-02-22

pkscuot Wrote:I ran into the same thing this morning. What I did as a work around is to disable automatic updates of plugins. That way I know right after the update to go into Hulu and click on OK.

Noticed something similar this morning...

BlueCop: any way to have the Nag only appear perhaps when playing a video for the first time on a new update? Will circumvent these issues...
Thanks as always, BC...

- Steamboater - 2012-02-22

Thanks so much Bluecop for this Plugin - working great!

Newb question - how do you Skip/Jump ahead on ATV2? Had a few shows crash and not record stopping point but all I can do is jump 30sec forward which takes a while to load.

Thanks!!

- locomot1f - 2012-02-22

@ Steamboater

if you hold down the select button to bring up the OSD, then (depending on your skin) you can push FF>> up to 32x

this happens to me too. and this is how i resolve the issue. usually back to where it crashed in a matter of seconds.

- BlueCop - 2012-02-22

Steamboater: I don't know the best method with just an apple remote.

The fast forwarding will play the file faster so you are still using bandwidth to get parts your aren't watching. This might not be important to you though.

I have a bluetooth keyboard hooked up to my atv2. You can enter exact time and press enter. This will skip you directly to where you want to be. I don't think this is possible with the apple tv remote.

Aenima99x, bradvido88, kreeturez : I think moving to before playback would be easy and fix the issue. It could be removed but I wanted to discourage anyone from selling or packaging it as a product.