Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - artrafael - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 05:42)edlentz Wrote: It showed that it was installing, but there isn't any listings. I had it refresh the list, but still nothing.

Installing is done from System/Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons.
If the add-on installed successfully, you should see it listed under System/Settings > Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons.
To use an installed add-on, go to Videos > Add-ons.

Are you sure you didn't just install the repository? If you don't see any available add-ons to install from that repository (it's empty), see here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Add-ons#Empty_repository_list

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - edlentz - 2013-04-24

I found the Force refresh the other night and looked just now and there still aren't any listings. Do I need either of the codecs Mpeg2 or VC1?

If I have a XBMC instance running on a Linux machine elsewhere on my networkBMC on the Pi?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - artrafael - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-24, 01:57)edlentz Wrote: I found the Force refresh the other night and looked just now and there still aren't any listings.
Do you see the Bluecop Add-ons repository listed when you select System/Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons ? And are you doing the Force Refresh on this repository? Some people said they had to do Force Refresh several times before the Add-ons list is populated (wait some minutes between each attempt to allow time for the Add-ons to appear).

Quote:Do I need either of the codecs Mpeg2 or VC1?
That's a question for RPi, which I can't answer (don't own one).

Quote:If I have a XBMC instance running on a Linux machine elsewhere on my networkBMC on the Pi?
Don't understand the question.

If I had XBMC running on another machine, could I use it as a backend for the Pi?

"Do you see the Bluecop Add-ons repository listed when you select System/Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons ? And are you doing the Force Refresh on this repository? Some people said they had to do Force Refresh several times before the Add-ons list is populated (wait some minutes between each attempt to allow time for the Add-ons to appear)."

Yes I do see it in the proper place. I did a couple of refreshes. I will try a couple more times

Thanks

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locoguano - 2013-04-24

XBMC doesn't have a backend/frontend setup, except for live tv. You can (as I do) use another pc as a server, to host your media files. I use the My.Library utility (not addon) to add all of my hulu, (until recently) amazon, netflix, etc. to my library, then I share that library across my network. (My.Library creates strm files to videos in any addon that follows standard naming protocols... probably the best thing I have seen created for XBMC).

Thanks locoguano for the advice. I am wanting something like the uverse (didn't mean to curse Smile ) I have 3 TV's with a HDhomerun tuner. I am using VMC on one TV at the moment. Only on that TV.

I tried to do a refresh on BlueCop but it isn't listed now in System/Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons This is getting tiresome. Right after I install it it shows up and later it is gone.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - tria - 2013-04-26

Is the addon working properly right now? Whenever I play anything through it, I get "One or more items failed to play". I am quite sure SMIL is parsed already, then only problem is when trying to stream the RTMPE URL. I am not sure whether the initial response isn't a proper stream, or it is just a problem with XBMC not being able to play the stream due to encoding issues. Does it work currently for you?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - edlentz - 2013-04-26

Hi Tria,

Not working at all, in fact it doesn't even show up. I wonder if the newer version of XBMC 12.1 broke it for the Raspberry Pi. I can install it from the Zip and it shows up. When I do a refresh I get nothing. I sometimes get the "One or more items failed to play" and that is not surprising since many of these streams aren't from the originator. I really want to get this working. I am going to try a different Sd card and install again.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - edlentz - 2013-04-28

Well, it seems like a new install did the trick. Still doing Add-ons and stuff, but I did get Hulu and the other BlueCop channels

Thanks

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - tria - 2013-04-28

That is great man. I already did that before posting the previous reply, but that didn't fix it. Which version did you install, the stable 12.1, a nightly build, or the custom DSPlayer one? Can you share the TV Show/Episode that you tried and worked fine (I'm fearing it is encoding issue and want to check)

The strange thing is that when I watch it through the browser it works fine, but when I try it through XBMC, I get "One or more items failed to play" instantly (or get nothing, which is the same). Also, maybe the addon got updated recently? I'll have to update it manually to see.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locoguano - 2013-04-28

For me, Hulu has been the most problem-free xbmc addon. Only issue I have had is with getting the repo to show in RPi. I took the advice of someone on another forum to fix that. I turned on debug log in system settings, then refreshed the repo. The cpu usage spiked to 100%. When the cpu usage dropped back down below 60% I tried the repo again and the addons were listed.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - medtech71 - 2013-04-29

Hi, I am new to this and don't know what I am doing wrong. I have a free hulu subscription via my PlayOn/roku set up...I have xbmc /blue cop on my laptop with hulu, but all I get are endless commercials in a loop. This doesn't happen on my other set up....am I doing something wrong?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - calib3r - 2013-04-29

Does anyone else not get subtitles for naruto shippuden after episode 155? Everything else has it, I think hard coded.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locoguano - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-29, 01:06)medtech71 Wrote: Hi, I am new to this and don't know what I am doing wrong. I have a free hulu subscription via my PlayOn/roku set up...I have xbmc /blue cop on my laptop with hulu, but all I get are endless commercials in a loop. This doesn't happen on my other set up....am I doing something wrong?

Go into the settings and disable the commercials. (Streaming tab)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - cazten - 2013-04-30

Hoping someone can tell me how to fix this

Basically I just got my Hulu plugin working. I have it grabbing shows with XBMC.myLibrary. Works perfectly and XBMC is finding all the shows properly

However, whenever I enable Hulu+, after watching a couple shows I get an error about "to many devices". Basically telling me other streams from hulu+ are active or other devices running.
- I was running pseudoTV with this setup, and its the same as well, after switching a couple channels it goes out with that error

Any thoughts how to fix that?