Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locoguano - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-29, 16:55)Zhiroc Wrote: One thing I've always noticed about the Hulu plugin is that if I pause a show, when restarting it it plays for a bit, then the screen breaks up and it skips back a bit. Is this my configuration, the plugin, XBMC itself?

I get this with most streaming sources...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - watermark - 2013-07-01

I'm using the xbmc plus hulu plugin that moneymaker posted. (upgraded from the stock bluecop)

It seems to be logging into someone else's queue/history/subscriptions. I've tried retyping the login credentials, but it didn't help. Is there anything I can clear/delete to get it to use my credentials?

@monkeymaker, did you leave debug code in that logs into your account?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2013-07-01

(2013-07-01, 14:27)watermark Wrote: I'm using the xbmc plus hulu plugin that moneymaker posted. (upgraded from the stock bluecop)

It seems to be logging into someone else's queue/history/subscriptions. I've tried retyping the login credentials, but it didn't help. Is there anything I can clear/delete to get it to use my credentials?

@monkeymaker, did you leave debug code in that logs into your account?

Sorry! Just empty the cache folder.

Code:
../plugin.video.hulu/resources/cache

edit files in the addons folder ... (wiki - instead of "userdata" -> "addons")

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - watermark - 2013-07-02

(2013-07-01, 15:42)moneymaker Wrote: Sorry! Just empty the cache folder.

Code:
../plugin.video.hulu/resources/cache

That did it. Thanks for putting together an updated plugin, it works much better.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - loki131 - 2013-07-03

Has anyone been able to get the hulu plugin to work on android?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2013-07-03

Can anyone tell me how long are the loading times until the video appears for you guys? For me, sometimes up to a minute. Sad I'm not using a proxy, just a DNS.

tells time ...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - WildBill - 2013-07-03

about 10 sec on avg to start the video

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - john.doe - 2013-07-08

(2013-07-03, 16:39)loki131 Wrote: Has anyone been able to get the hulu plugin to work on android?

This will probably not work because it will not play videos manually. I found this out by loading Firefox on android and changing the user agent so Firefox was sending my user agent presence as a desktop PC allowed to bypass the the first stopping point. Firefox need the flash player to be installed which now are only available for android on flash player download archives. So if you are able to fake the user agent and get flash player installed the embedded video will not play because hulu is detecting the processor that is running flash player, and displays the warning that it is denying the video for this processor type.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - springroll - 2013-07-12

Any status update on Tunlr/DNS integration similar to the one you and your team are working on for the Free Cable plug-in? Blush

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - King-Tech - 2013-07-14

Can I please get some help please. I know that it is all over here some wheres but to have this info all in one post from start to finish and addon working is what I am looking for please.

I live in Canada. Can you please give me instruction from the very start with links to what I need to get hulu working.I am sorry but i have not been able to get this to work.
So if someone can give me step by step instructions with links to file(s) I need and where they are suppose to go. That would be wonderful. That what if anyone need the guide to get this working then all then have to do is go to this one post or search How to get HULU working outside of the USA. Can someone please help me please.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - fivearmalarm - 2013-07-21

Hi guys,

New member and I was hoping for some help. I have little to no knowledge about python so the error logs in xbmc do not help me that much Sad

I'm running Frodo on Linux Mint 14. Can't start the hulu plugin due to the below stack trace. Any and all help is appreciated Smile

12:12:17 T:140095303333632 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named errors
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/thornz/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/default.py", line 12, in <module>
import resources.lib.common as common
File "/home/thornz/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 16, in <module>
from crypto.cipher.cbc import CBC
File "/home/thornz/.xbmc/addons/script.module.cryptopy/lib/crypto/cipher/cbc.py", line 15, in <module>
from crypto.cipher.base import BlockCipher, padWithPadLen, noPadding
File "/home/thornz/.xbmc/addons/script.module.cryptopy/lib/crypto/cipher/base.py", line 15, in <module>
from crypto.errors import DecryptNotBlockAlignedError
ImportError: No module named errors
-->End of Python script error report<--

**EDIT
Yeah ok, don't say anything... cryptopy dependencies...

Fixed. Woo linux!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spookybathtub - 2013-07-23

I don't understand all the settings for ads. I am able to specify whether to enable ads and how many to play?? Obviously, I want to see as few ads as possible, ideally zero. But I assume Hulu requires some amount of ads. How do you know what settings to use to see the minimum number of ads? Why is this even an option?
So far, I am able to browse all my subscriptions, etc., but am unable to play any video.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - WildBill - 2013-07-23

(2013-07-23, 05:40)spookybathtub Wrote: I don't understand all the settings for ads. I am able to specify whether to enable ads and how many to play?? Obviously, I want to see as few ads as possible, ideally zero. But I assume Hulu requires some amount of ads. How do you know what settings to use to see the minimum number of ads? Why is this even an option?
So far, I am able to browse all my subscriptions, etc., but am unable to play any video.

You have to set all ads to zero and disable all adds

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spookybathtub - 2013-07-23

Great, it's working now. What does Hulu think about this? I can't imagine they would approve of people watching videos without ads.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - WildBill - 2013-07-24

it doesn't work with ads so the only way to watch is no ads