Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - TamaraKama - 2014-02-21

If it helps any at all here's my log... I turned on debugging as that seems to be requested.

I live in the USA and have a Hulu+ subscription and don't use a VPN. I try to play a video using the available options level3 and edgecast. Neither work... nothing else seems an option for me. If I have limelight set as the default CDN it just gives me a list of options mostly just level3 or edgecast.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28944/xbmc.log

Yes, it works when I turn off Hulu+ but then I also don't get HD (as well as other Hulu+ perks). So I don't like that. Seems to me that limelight only works for non Hulu+ and SD only.

Also, when I have Hulu+ on and I try edgecast and level3 consecutively after that it says I have too many Hulu+ videos playing and I have to wait a few minutes to try again.

Re: RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Lunatixz - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 05:17)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
Regarding the CDN changes:

It seems that Hulu is no longer using Akamai, which sucks. The Akamai CDN used version 1 of swf verification, which is supported by librtmp (what xbmc uses to play these streams). Now that it is gone our options seem to be limelight, level3, and edgecast.

Limelight:
I have not experienced any issues using limelight. There are people in the forums saying it doesnt work if hulu plus is enable, if you are one of those people please post a full debug log that contains your attempts to play from limelight with hulu plus enabled. I do not have hulu plus so i cannot test this on my own.

The biggest issue with limelight i have found is that not every show has a limelight source. If something you want to watch has no limelight sources, youre out of luck for now. If it has limelight sources but you cant get it to play and have hulu plus disabled i would like to see a full debug log.

Level3:
Level3 will probably never be a viable option. It seems to be using version 2 for swf verification and from what i can find online version 2 has not been cracked yet. There is a patched version of librtmp you can find that will simply respond with version 1 verification when version 2 is requested, but from my tests this does not work for Level3. If you want to try a newer version of librtmp you can follow this guide.

Edgecast:
I don't know what is going on with Edgecast, i have tried using it but librtmp returns the error "Blocked by auth adaptor." From what i can find online this might be a region specific message, so for some of you Edgecast could work. If you are interested in trying it out you can get the file to replace here. Ive just added in support with the default parameters used by the other CDNs.

All of my testing/research is trial and error based, this is very much not my area of expertise. If anyone knows more about this stuff feel free to let the rest of the forum know. If anyone finds another CDN that wasnt listed here, let me know what show/episode you found it for so i can look into adding support for that.

I can confirm that limelight doest show up when plus is enabled. I will post a log soon.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 10:04)d2a2 Wrote: not in canada - don't know which post you refer to. I do use tunlr dns to avoid regional block, but it is applied to the whole machine, not within xbmc. As stated, episode plays back fine in browser so regional block shouldn't be the issue.

Oh sorry, i was looking at a post in which you were quoted, not in which you were the poster. Did this plugin work fine for you before this recent CDN change?
Can you try playing the video from a different machine without any firewalls, or VPNs or anything but from the same network just as a test?

I have tried to play the video in your log with both the original hulu and beta addon, with and without login, and with and without plus enabled (despite not having plus) and it works every time with any limelight source.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - TamaraKama - 2014-02-21

If you don't have plus wouldn't it just fall back to default non-plus behavior? I'm not sure that's an indicator of plus working. I'm in the USA with no VPN and plus does not work.. non-plus works but without HD as I indicated before. Also, I know you weren't asking me the question but here the plugin was working just fine for the most part for me before the CDN change.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2014-02-21

@all

First a thanks to spanktastic2120 for the response. Like he said, swf 2 vfy is not yet patched ...

I would like to know from someone who is using the hulu app: Is there the same content available as on the website, even in HD?

Some notes:

Code:
http://<dripls-host>/master.m3u8?authkey=<authkey>&cid=<cid>&r=650k~e404,1500k.*~e500,cdn1.*.s2~net10loss1

Simulating HTTP LiveStreaming (HLS) – A way to ensure video playback works great

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - d2a2 - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 11:51)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Oh sorry, i was looking at a post in which you were quoted, not in which you were the poster. Did this plugin work fine for you before this recent CDN change?

no problem. i'm not offended Wink yup - i only watch at lowest resolution but i've had about 4 or 5 months of painless hulu before this change.

(2014-02-21, 11:51)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Can you try playing the video from a different machine without any firewalls, or VPNs or anything but from the same network just as a test?

don't have another machine with xbmc. viewing episode on hulu.com using same dns settings works on all machines on my network. no VPNs in place anywhere. quick disable of all firewalls made no difference (they're back up now)

thanks for the diagnostic efforts

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - tricky2lu - 2014-02-21

Hulu works fine for me

Windows 7 frodo 12.3

Use a Real Debrid account and log in with that

All hulu and Hulu Plus working with limelight setting 720p

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 12:41)moneymaker Wrote: @all

First a thanks to spanktastic2120 for the response. Like he said, swf 2 vfy is not yet patched ...

I would like to know from someone who is using the hulu app: Is there the same content available as on the website, even in HD?

Some notes:

Code:
http://<dripls-host>/master.m3u8?authkey=<authkey>&cid=<cid>&r=650k~e404,1500k.*~e500,cdn1.*.s2~net10loss1

Simulating HTTP LiveStreaming (HLS) – A way to ensure video playback works great

I'm pretty sure the app requires you to have a Hulu Plus account to work... so i'm not sure how to answer that question, only to say, it's whatever you get with a Hulu Plus subscription.

Quote:Why can't I watch full episodes for free on my mobile device?
The mobile version of the Hulu site is designed to give you quick access to the best clips from this week's shows and more! If you'd like to watch full episodes on your supported mobile device, you will need to download our app and sign up for Hulu Plus. To do this from the mobile site, just hit the "Want Full Episodes?" link at the top right of the page.

(2014-02-21, 14:43)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 12:41)moneymaker Wrote: @all

Some notes:

Code:

I'm pretty sure the app requires you to have a Hulu Plus account to work... so i'm not sure how to answer that question, only to say, it's whatever you get with a Hulu Plus subscription.

Quote:Why can't I watch full episodes for free on my mobile device?
The mobile version of the Hulu site is designed to give you quick access to the best clips from this week's shows and more! If you'd like to watch full episodes on your supported mobile device, you will need to download our app and sign up for Hulu Plus. To do this from the mobile site, just hit the "Want Full Episodes?" link at the top right of the page.

A Real Debrid account gives you Hulu +

(2014-02-21, 17:28)tricky2lu Wrote: A Real Debrid account gives you Hulu +

not really an option for me. i've got other devices.
will probably look into getting a chromecast if there is no solution soon. :/

(2014-02-21, 18:02)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 17:28)tricky2lu Wrote: A Real Debrid account gives you Hulu +

not really an option for me. i've got other devices.
will probably look into getting a chromecast if there is no solution soon. :/

it also removes geo locking on hulu

here's some more logs --> http://pastebin.com/KD7SjyCG

i downloaded the stream_hulu file. still getting the same error:
Quote:librtmp returns the error "Blocked by auth adaptor."

i'm in the U.S.

i did not uncheck Hulu Plus, as I feel this defeats the purpose of my usage.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - lanks - 2014-02-22

I know it probably doesn't mean much at this point, but I just want to confirm the same issue. Akamai no longer works and all the plus content (I was trying to watch anime) comes up with a list of CDNs, darwin-level3 and darwin-edgecast. Neither of those work so plus is useless at this point. I haven't tried switching off plus yet but I'll be trying that soon. Disappointing cause I really liked it, I guess they won't get my $8/month. For what it's worth, I'm in the US also.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - coaltrain - 2014-02-22

Just stumbled across this problem too. I'm not able to get anything to play, whether i disable Hulu+ or not. I still get a list of CDNs (darwin-level3 and darwin-edgecast), and nothing plays.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - TamaraKama - 2014-02-22

Well, real-debrid does work (for watching Hulu Plus content in HD... to me just shutting off plus and watching everything in SD is not a solution) but it doesn't seem to give subtitle options for foreign stuff and you can't manage your subscriptions via it. I also can't seem to fast forward or resume with real-debrid. It'd be nice for logging in "natively" without a middle-man to Hulu+ to be fixed.