Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- bluray - 2012-02-08

a1sy Wrote:I run Video card Nvidia 9600GT HDMI out to Xonar HDMI input.
From Xonar output HDMI to AVR.
From AVR HDMI video to Sony XBR4 52".

Typically I mount BD ISO with Virtual Clone and Arcsoft TMT5 starts automatically, playing bitstream in pathrough mode.
On XBMC, it says Wasapi: Speakers Xonar 1.3
Thanks
Can you try to connect HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables without Xonar? If you are bistreaming from 9600GT to AVR via HDMI, you do not need Xonar in between it. You can select Nvidia HDMI audio output in W7 control panel, and then configure speaker to "stereo". You need to select the same HMDI for audio output in XBMC!

- bluray - 2012-02-08

greysquirrel Wrote:I posted the mediainfo for the truehd track just before your post. At least it isn't just me then! I only have 2 truehd files so no biggy to re rip, will try fab 8 and see if that makes a difference.
You can use TsMuxer to convert it to M2TS as I suggested in the earlier post. It's free and it'll take about 10 minutes!

- Zaxx40 - 2012-02-08

Does anyone else have a problem with playing music tracks once a song is playing you can not pick another song in the folder? As an example if I move down to the next song and hit enter the curser just moves to the next song and continues to keep playing the original song.

- Zaxx40 - 2012-02-08

Found my issue. Que songs on selection. Solved

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-08

Zaxx40 Wrote:Does anyone else have a problem with playing music tracks once a song is playing you can not pick another song in the folder? As an example if I move down to the next song and hit enter the curser just moves to the next song and continues to keep playing the original song.

Is the problem specific to this build? If no perhaps this is not the right thread?

- a1sy - 2012-02-08

bluray Wrote:Can you try to connect HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables without Xonar? If you are bistreaming from 9600GT to AVR via HDMI, you do not need Xonar in between it. You can select Nvidia HDMI audio output in W7 control panel, and then configure speaker to "stereo". You need to select the same HMDI for audio output in XBMC!

Bluray, 9600GT is older video card that only get video out, and Xonar mix (or add) audio and video together to 1 HDMI output.
I will try to post debug report soon.
Not sure if its Xonar related as other SW working just fine, may me I missing some settings.
Thanks

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-08

a1sy Wrote:Bluray, 9600GT is older video card that only get video out, and Xonar mix (or add) audio and video together to 1 HDMI output.
Not sure if its Xonar related as other SW working just fine, may me I missing some settings.
Thanks

The problem is that HD audio can only be carried over HDMI, so if your video card does not send the audio output over HDMI there's no way that Xonar or anything else can mix in the HD audio, the best you would get is DD 5.1 or DTS core.

So, I'm not surprised it's not working.

- bluray - 2012-02-08

a1sy Wrote:Bluray, 9600GT is older video card that only get video out, and Xonar mix (or add) audio and video together to 1 HDMI output.
Thanks
Actually, I am very familiar with your 9600GT GPU because I helped my friend installed it in his HTPC. It's older card, but it is a very good card. If I remember correctly, I used DVI to HDMI cable (AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable). Your 9600GT should come with the (2-Pin/2-Pin SPDIF Audio Cable), and it is known as SPDIF header. It have been a long time since I installed it. If you check your manual, it should have an instruction to install SPDIF header cable. If you install it right, you'll have both audio/video over DVI to HDMI cable. It'll be easier to make it work with XBMC, because it'll work the same way as HDMI to HDMI cable. Since it is SPDIF over DVI to HDMI, you're limited to SPDIF capability!

- CpTHOOK - 2012-02-08

Approved by Mr. BluRay(XBMC HD Audio GURU!!!)....and verified to be working properly on my system! Scarface(DTSHD 7.1) and King of NewYork(DTSHD HiRes) both play flawless.. I also tried The Matrix(DDTrue 5.1) and Set it Off(DDTrue 7.1) flawless as well.. So i'm very happy!!Big Grin

Thanks for this version of XBMC, been looking for this experience for a long time now. Very tired of using external players to BitStream..

Question:

Why has this option not been integrated natively in XBMC prior to now? It seems to me that HD Audio would be a fundamental feature..

- htpc guy - 2012-02-08

CpTHOOK Wrote:Approved by Mr. BluRay(XBMC HD Audio GURU!!!)....and verified to be working properly on my system! Scarface(DTSHD 7.1) and King of NewYork(DTSHD HiRes) both play flawless.. I also tried The Matrix(DDTrue 5.1) and Set it Off(DDTrue 7.1) flawless as well.. So i'm very happy!!Big Grin

Thanks for this version of XBMC, been looking for this experience for a long time now. Very tired of using external players to BitStream..

Question:

Why has this option not been integrated natively in XBMC prior to now? It seems to me that HD Audio would be a fundamental feature..

It's not going to happen since its a windows only feature. Audeo Engine should come in deodorant and will be cross platform.

- a1sy - 2012-02-08

bluray Wrote:Actually, I am very familiar with your 9600GT GPU because I helped my friend installed it in his HTPC. It's older card, but it is a very good card. If I remember correctly, I used DVI to HDMI cable (AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable). Your 9600GT should come with the (2-Pin/2-Pin SPDIF Audio Cable), and it is known as SPDIF header. It have been a long time since I installed it. If you check your manual, it should have an instruction to install SPDIF header cable. If you install it right, you'll have both audio/video over DVI to HDMI cable. It'll be easier to make it work with XBMC, because it'll work the same way as HDMI to HDMI cable. Since it is SPDIF over DVI to HDMI, you're limited to SPDIF capability!

Bluray, what's the theory behind?
Output of Xonar is perfect HDMI signal, both Video and Audio.
It works perfectly with Denon receiver and both True HD and DTS-HD Master shows up. Actually Xonar (not slim, but it's the same) card listed on the 1st page of XBMC thread.
Do you suggest to use SPDIF for troubleshooting or you think it is some incompatibility?
Thank you

- davilla - 2012-02-08

CpTHOOK Wrote:Why has this option not been integrated natively in XBMC prior to now? It seems to me that HD Audio would be a fundamental feature..

Why the patch that you submitted... oh wait. Smile

- steelman1991 - 2012-02-08

Davilla beat me to it LOL

- CpTHOOK - 2012-02-08

davilla Wrote:Why the patch that you submitted... oh wait. Smile

Cute..Wink

I meant no disrespect!! I'm just glad someone finally did this!

- mrhyde1969 - 2012-02-08

ArieS Wrote:Same problem with the latest version of MakeMKV.
Looks like I'll have to re-rip all my movies with TrueHD.
At least the problem is not with DTS-HD as this is about 90% of my collection. Now THAT would have been a b!tch Smile

I am not sure if this is a MAKE MKV problem, the reason behind thid is because I have no problem at all playing my TRUE HD rips using the JULY version which also does bitstreaming....