Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- charlievoviii - 2012-02-11

a1sy Wrote:Ok, cancelled GT430, ordered 6450 per your recomendation,seems saved about 20$ too Nod
Thanks again

bad move. XBMC have better support for Nvidia. you loose

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-11

charlievoviii Wrote:lol, im talking about the Damien merge with Daniela file. The one that fix audio sync issue. Do I need to adjust anything in XBMC after install? or does it automatically work ?

Nope, it 'just works'. All you might have to do is go in to the audio options and tell it your AVR supports DTS-MA and Dolby True.

htpc guy Wrote:Love this build. Quick question though...

I've ripped a movie with HD audio (The Dark Knight). I used DVDFab Paskey to remove the encryption and then copied the .m2ts file to my server. It plays flawlessly. No dropped frames and the audio sounds excellent. My receiver lights up with TrueHD which is great as well. My query is how to get xbmc (using Aeon Nox) to recognize that this title has HD audio? I've created a playlist (as suggested earlier in this thread) and the title doesn't show up. The file name is The Dark Knight-2008-bluray.truHD.m2ts. Any thoughts?

I don't know how XBMC would be aware for this purpose. If you use a media management app (I use Yanfoe) it will put metadata in the XML file that tells media players like XBMC what the properties of the audio/video tracks are.

It does this by actually examining the ISO or MKV file and seeing what is in it.

Not sure XBMC can do that for library purposes, you probably should use a media manager to set this.

charlievoviii Wrote:bad move. XBMC have better support for Nvidia. you loose

Video card recommendations and back-and-forth like this should BOTH be kept out of an otherwise great thread, all this does is pollute the thread.

- ArieS - 2012-02-11

I've ripped a movie with HD audio (The Dark Knight). I used DVDFab Paskey to remove the encryption and then copied the .m2ts file to my server. It plays flawlessly. No dropped frames and the audio sounds excellent. My receiver lights up with TrueHD which is great as well. My query is how to get xbmc (using Aeon Nox) to recognize that this title has HD audio? I've created a playlist (as suggested earlier in this thread) and the title doesn't show up. The file name is The Dark Knight-2008-bluray.truHD.m2ts. Any thoughts?
This is weird because when I ripped The Dark Knight, XBMC automaticaly detected the HD track. I use the same skin as you (not that I think it would make a difference...)
I named mine The Dark Knight.Bluray and it shows the TrueHD codec flag.

- T800 - 2012-02-11

I created a playlist like the one mentioned earlier in the thread but it only found about 4 of my 400 Blu-ray/HD DVD's.
I used the tags on the file name instead and it worked fine.
File
Contains: .bluray
or
File
Contains: .truHD

- steelman1991 - 2012-02-11

charlievoviii Wrote:okie after i install it do i need to adjust anything and where ?
Yes - you need to include an advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder, to have xbmc recognise the 'globalAV' delay setting - if you need it that is.

See here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=1014045&postcount=298

Other than that everything else is lock and load.

Unless a typo, it might be better if the file was named correctly - its trueHD, you've spelt it missing the 'e'.

steelman1991 Wrote:Yes - you need to include an advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder, to have xbmc recognise the 'globalAV' delay setting - if you need it that is.

Other than that everything else is lock and load.

how would i know if i need it or not ?

My HTPC HDMI to my receiver and from receiver to Projector. Before i would have to AV Sync about -200msec

charlievoviii Wrote:how would i know if i need it or not ?

My HTPC HDMI to my receiver and from receiver to Projector. Before i would have to AV Sync about -200msec
Observation - the audio and video would be out of sync, either delayed or advanced.

Use the advancedsettings to apply what delay you require - if its -200, then change the audio delay setting to that.

steelman1991 Wrote:Observation - the audio and video would be out of sync, either delayed or advanced.

Use the advancedsettings to apply what delay you require - if its -200, then change the audio delay setting to that.

okie. thanks

Best XBMC yet, thank you Daniel and Damian. My AV receiver work perfectly, watching PC, DTS-HD, Bolby-True HD, etc. thank you

- Raytestrak - 2012-02-11

Briljant, this is just awesome. Thanks guys!!!

- leghorn01 - 2012-02-11

Thank you for the great work DDDamian.
Saubere Arbeit Daniela, Hut ab!

- htpc guy - 2012-02-11

steelman1991 Wrote:Unless a typo, it might be better if the file was named correctly - its trueHD, you've spelt it missing the 'e'.

I typoed before. I did title it with trueHD.

I cut and pasted this time.
The Dark Knight-2008-bluray.trueHD.m2ts

*edit*
I did scrape with Ember. Maybe thats my problem.