Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - sdsnyr94 - 2015-07-08

I am about to do a small amount of begging:

If you do get the urge to work on this a little, the ability to choose by 'Album Artist' in the Chooser would be great. I am running LMS 7.9, and on the web page you can sort by Album Artist. In Chooser, I only see All Artists, which gives me hundreds of items listed as <this artist/this artist/and then this artist>.

Also, if you could be a little clearer on your previous comment (#1526). I took a look and did not see a NowPlayingWindow.xml in the resources folder....however there were a couple in the /resources/skins/default/720p/ directory titled XSqueezeNowPlaying and XSqueezeNowPlaying_Slave.

I tried commenting out all of the Artist Slideshow lines in the XSqueezeNowPlaying.xml... but that just resulted in getting a blank screen on launch, so I reversed what I did. Can I disable it from within here (at least the visual display of it, if we can't decoupling it).. or can I only play with the X/Y positioning?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-07-09

\repository.bossanova808\staging\script.xsqueeze\resources\skins\Default\720p\XSqueezeNowPlaying.xml

..is the one you need. it should be quite easy to disable the display side of it. But yeah it needs python work to stop it from running altogether - as does album artist stuff (that's xsqueeze choose and should be very easy to add if you fancy learning a little Python)...

Honestly, I don't see myself having much chance to do this in the short term future. I'm very busy lately I'm afraid!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bbcorac - 2015-07-30

Hi Sorry if this is covered in the 102 pages somewhere but if it is i cant find it.
i can't seem to get the audio to output from the analog /headphone port on any of my P i have tried openelec and OSMC i have no problem getting audio to output to the HDMI.
I also have no problem getting the analog output from either openelect or OSMC the problem is when i launch XSquesse it seems to refuse to use anything ofter than the HDMI. i have tried changing the setting in the audio options of xsquesse.
i have read so many different pages on this that my head is starting to spin.
so if anyone knows a way of doing this that is not to confusing then please let me know.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-07-30

Well normally the chooser should do it for you fine, but it all depends on what's going on with the audio sub system.

Best thing, as ever, is to drop to the command line, cd into the addon binaries dir, and run squeezelite or squeezeslave directly on the command line and work out what is happening from there. Once you know what setting are needed, you can then easily transfer that in to XSqueeze....

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - makavelitha - 2015-08-15

Hi,

I need help with the XSqueeze Addon under Kodi 15.

When i try to run the Squeeze Plugin, i get the following Error Message "XSqueeze error, Check the log for more information".

Here is the Log

Code:
11:24:13 T:2400  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:24:13 T:1756  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:24:13 T:1756  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:24:13 T:1756   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\J\xc3\xbcrgen\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.xsqueeze\\runtokens\\runtoken1.2.1')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\J�rgen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xsqueeze\default.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                import constants
                                              File "C:\Users\J�rgen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xsqueeze\constants.py", line 74, in <module>
                                                token = open(runtoken, 'w')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\J\xc3\xbcrgen\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.xsqueeze\\runtokens\\runtoken1.2.1')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:24:15 T:3812  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:24:15 T:3812  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:24:15 T:3812  NOTICE: ### XSqueeze Chooser - 0.1.8 ### XSqueeze Chooser (Author: bossanova808) Starting ...
11:24:15 T:3812  NOTICE: ### XSqueeze Chooser - 0.1.8 ### Called as: ['plugin://plugin.program.xsqueezechooser/', '1', '']
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\J�rgen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.xsqueezechooser\default.py", line 540, in <module>
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR:     buildRootListing()
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\J�rgen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.xsqueezechooser\default.py", line 92, in buildRootListing
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR:     addNode("New Music (latest 50 albums)","",NEW_MUSIC,"")
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\J�rgen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.xsqueezechooser\default.py", line 36, in addNode
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR:     "&cmd="+urllib.quote_plus(cmd)
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1292, in quote_plus
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR:     if ' ' in s:
11:24:15 T:3812   ERROR: TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
11:24:15 T:3812  NOTICE: ### XSqueeze Chooser - 0.1.8 ### XSqueeze Chooser (Author: bossanova808) Exiting ....
11:24:15 T:5520  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Whats wrong here?

It would be nice if someone can help me Smile

greets MakaveliTha

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-08-16

Read my signature Smile

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - skoser - 2015-08-22

Hi, is there a faq?

Otherwise please excuse that i have not read the 103 pages.
Yesterday I had the idea of using my raspberry with Kodi (openelec) as Squeezebox player. And surprisingly there is already an addon - wonderful.
Read wiki, installed, worked. Perfect.

There is just one thing left: I'd like to have Xsqueeze running in the background, so that I don't have to start the add-on separately when I'd like to stream music. Actually the TV should stay off when I start streaming, as the raspberry is connected to my amplifier.

Is there a way to configure this behavior or is there another add-on/service?

Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-08-22

busy, but - yeah you want to install triode's squeezeplayer as a service in the background then - cw-kid did a blog somewhere in here, use the search....

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-08-22

just one page back actually...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - skoser - 2015-08-22

Ok, found it - thank you.

Unfortunately I cannot get something out of my analogue port of the raspberry pi 2.
I tried different settings for audio device, but I didn't get it to work.

Code:
OpenELEC:~/.kodi/userdata/squeezelite # ./squeezelite -l
Output devices:
  null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
  default:CARD=ALSA              - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device
  sysdefault:CARD=ALSA           - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device

Code:
OpenELEC:~/.kodi/userdata/squeezelite # aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
  Subdevices: 8/8
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
  Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Tried
- nothing
- -o default:CARD=ALSA
- -o hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0
- -o hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1
- -o hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=2

Audio is playing to hdmi but not to analogue output.
Any idea?

Ciao Stephan...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-08-23

Is xbmc running at this point? Might be hogging the device. You can stop it from doing so while in the GUI, but just to get thinks working it might we worth killing it.

But that's really an OE/pi/linux question, not an xsqueeze one....none of which I use that regularly (well, linux, yes, but only for programming stuff, not much idea on h/ware & drivers) - I'd ask int he appropriate forums for those things if you're not using XSqueeze...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - skoser - 2015-08-23

Stopped kodi and tried again.
Same output. Doesn't seem as if kodi is hogging the device.

I will change the forum - thank you so far.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - skoser - 2015-08-25

Ok, https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/audio-config.md helped:

amixer cset numid=3 1

did it.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - DrMacabre - 2015-08-26

Hello, sorry for this dumb question but how do you do the "chmod +x" I've installed Xsqueeze on osx which works fine but on my other android device, it won't start.

What should i do ?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-08-27

See the wiki...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XSqueeze#Requirements

(you need to use an external player from the Play store).