Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-12-14

no problems. I have run it that way many times, although not lately, admittedly. But I know others use it that way.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - schneberger - 2012-12-21

hi there , iam trying to run this on the atv2 , but as i have figured out by reading a little is that there is no binarie for the xbmc atv2 ,
soes anybody know if there is a way to get squeezeslave on the atv2 so that i can use it a a player , i want to control it from my controllapplication on the phone but i wanted to be able to sync with my other slaves. or is it a dead end ?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-12-21

The squeezeslave developer said 'no chance' when I asked about this unfortunately.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - blackoper - 2012-12-21

So I can't choose the correct sound output in the xsqueeze settings. I need the spdif/digital from nvidia (ion board and old receiver with no hdmi inputs). I get the manual choices of nvidia analog and nvidia hdmi along with some of the standard alsa choices and only a few of the surround modes. No spdif or digital anywhere. Thoughts? this is with openelec 2.95.5 beta build. The default choice seems to go with nvidia analog. Is there a way to input a sound hardware address directly in the arguments or is there something I'm missing here

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-12-22

Try runnigng squeezeslave from the command line - easier to work out there.

And over at the slimdevices forum, the squeezeslave author answers questions prety quickly usually.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - blackoper - 2012-12-22

ok i'll give that a shot thanks

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Gadgety - 2012-12-26

Hi,

I'm new here. A long time Squeezebox user I'm looking to integrate my two existing Squeezebox Duets with an HTPC that can output 24/96 to TacT digital amplifiers. Something that could handle both music and movies.

I read the Wiki for XSqueeze and I wonder if someone here would care to explain how the XSqueeze relates to the Audio Engine in XBMC?

BTW I do not have XBMC installed, nor have I set up a media pc yet, I'm just occasionally watching media on an old laptop with WMC, so it's "early days" for me.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-12-27

There is no relationship to AudioEngine.

XSqueeze suspends AE and then uses it's own external squeezebox compatible player (squeezeslave). I don't think squeezeslave supports hi def music formats...but you can ask over on their thread of course.

When XSqueeze is exited, it resumes AE.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Gadgety - 2012-12-28

Thank you for the explanation. Yep, you're right only 44.1 in Squeezeslave, although there may be some work going on to work up to 24/96.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - sdsnyr94 - 2012-12-29

I think squeezelite supports hi def formats.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-12-30

3 problems with squeezelite for me - it's unix only (I use Windows on my main machine, OE on another) - I don't use spotify/hi def. etc, and I am not sure whether it will embed easily with the two line display a la squeezeslave.

I saw someone asking about making squeezelite into a shared library and integrating properly into XBMC - that might be interesting!

But I think for me I won't do much more, with the death of the squeeze line, I am looking at other options now. And ultimately I see xbmc itself in most rooms as the logical future....or some other similar PC + screen option given that's so cheap now....so some sort of pc based, synced music system is where I see this going.

That said I'd happily accept a pull request for squeezelite integration if you can hack it in, should only be a few hours work for someone with some Python skills...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Gadgety - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-29, 20:54)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I think squeezelite supports hi def formats.

Thank you. I had completely missed this app.
(2012-12-30, 06:36)bossanova808 Wrote: 3 problems with squeezelite for me - it's unix only (I use Windows on my main machine, OE on another) - I don't use spotify/hi def. etc, and I am not sure whether it will embed easily with the two line display a la squeezeslave.

I saw someone asking about making squeezelite into a shared library and integrating properly into XBMC - that might be interesting!

But I think for me I won't do much more, with the death of the squeeze line, I am looking at other options now. And ultimately I see xbmc itself in most rooms as the logical future....or some other similar PC + screen option given that's so cheap now....so some sort of pc based, synced music system is where I see this going.

That said I'd happily accept a pull request for squeezelite integration if you can hack it in, should only be a few hours work for someone with some Python skills...

I would be open to use Squeezelite on a dedicated Linux machine, I do NEED hi rez audio, and the display integration - I guess (so I could be wrong) this is important for the Squeezebox or the Touch, but perhaps less so if I use a phone as my main interface? Now, integration into XBMC would be fantastic as it allows high rez music and movies on one computer.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - niteowl - 2013-01-09

Hi. Does anyone know if there's a problem with the xsqueeze addon at the moment? It's stopped working on my setup. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-10

Working fine here Frodo RC3 on Windows.

Haven't tested other platforms, but was working with Openelec betas a couple weeks ago.

(So what is going wrong? - and supply a full debug log on pastebin!)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - niteowl - 2013-01-10

(2013-01-10, 00:40)bossanova808 Wrote: Working fine here Frodo RC3 on Windows.

Haven't tested other platforms, but was working with Openelec betas a couple weeks ago.

(So what is going wrong? - and supply a full debug log on pastebin!)

Hi bossanova808. Thanks for getting back to me. I'll try a reinstall first and if that doesn't clear the problem I'll post a debug log. Thanks again!

EDIT: Reinstalled and all is well. Next time i'll try the reinstall BEFORE I post! Sorry. Btw, thanks for a fantastic addon. I use it loads and xbmc wouldn't be anywhere near as useful for me without it! Brilliant work.