Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-25

This is the line I mean:
T:2924141376 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.6 ### Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezeslave-i386', '-m00:00:00:00:00:01', '-y', '200', '192.168.102']

Not you may also have an output issue but it's hard to say as it all starts going wrong there.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - mzup - 2013-02-25

I had seen that but corrected if you look down lower at this line:

10:50:57 T:2840230720 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.6 ### Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezeslave-i386', '-m00:00:00:00:00:01', '-y', '200', '192.168.1.102']

and it still didn't work.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-25

Can you take out the -y 200 bit, it might be a change in the way I handle arguments (it might actually need to be -y200 without a space).

Also - can you run either player from the command line successfully?

It's working on my machine but I am nervous that I am not seeing a message there about successfully suspending AE (I call it, normally XBMC logs something about doing it, but I can't see it here).

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Falcon_X - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-24, 06:13)bossanova808 Wrote: Just a heads up - tested XSqueeze with OpenElec RC3 and it seems all the audioengine issue are gone, it is working as on other platforms now.

So currently cross platform support (using either lite or slave) - is, as far as I am aware - fully back! Yay! (the Pi is still a bit shakey/slow but not much I can do about that I think).

cross platform support - including Apple TV2 (with IOS 5.2 / XBMC Frodo) ?
Controller mode works, but my Logitech Media Server running on Windows 7 doesn't recognize Xsqueeze as player on ATV2.

Like the wiki says - ATV2 will always be controller only until such a time as a player binary for that platform becomes available. I have asked both slave/lite devs without much enthusiastic response I am afraid

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - mzup - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-25, 01:23)bossanova808 Wrote: Can you take out the -y 200 bit, it might be a change in the way I handle arguments (it might actually need to be -y200 without a space).

Also - can you run either player from the command line successfully?

It's working on my machine but I am nervous that I am not seeing a message there about successfully suspending AE (I call it, normally XBMC logs something about doing it, but I can't see it here).

Just a followup. I took out the -y200 and it works now. The odd thing is I didn't have that in to begin with and it didn't work and added it thinking it needed to be there.

Whatever, it plays now. Thanks

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-27

Well you log claims you had '-y 200' and it should actually be '-y200' (spot the difference!). That will have been why it wasn't working.

Before that likely you had some other error - it definitely works (as you have nod discovered!). Have fun with it!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Marsupial - 2013-02-27

Are we supposed to be able to sync xSqueeze with other softsqueeze machines?

I installed the Logitech media server, and am trying to play in-sync between my main living room media machine (XBMC Eden + xSqueeze) with a nearby radio computer (softsqueeze)

I play softsqueeze with the "java MP3 plugin" and managed relatively good sync with another computer running a similar configuration, but when I put the XBMC xSqueeze machine in the lot, it has a huge sync issue, somethimes in the order of 1 or 2 secondes (in advance or behind) as early as when we launch the song.

Is there something I can do about it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-27

Probably not - there is likely a massive latency effect in one of the software players (most likely softqueeze). There are things you can do in squeezeslave/LMS to imporve sync, but if you're that far out I think you will struggle. I have found even with a lot of different hardware types, slave and lite keep quite good sync with each other and hardware players in general, so being that far out is unusual. I always say the sync is appropriate for room to room sync, not so much multiple players in one room (but why would you?)

Perfect sync requires hardware.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Marsupial - 2013-02-27

So far I've seen softsqueeze start ahead of xSqueeze more than anything. I had similar issues between softsqueezes before using the java MP3 plugin, even if CPU usage was well below 10%.
I was wondering if similar add on could be made on xSqueeze, or if something could be done about synchronization messages - are all the softwares using them the same way?.
something I haven't tried yet is using squeezelite all around, or squeezeslave all around. Think this could help?

For a while I tought it had to do with using WiFi on the softsqueeze box, but turning to wired network led to similar result: sometimes dead on, sometimes not in sync at all.

Thanks a lot for this plugin, certainly looks better than a simulated radio on a computer screen. And, as you say, its awesome for room-to-room sync.
Are you suggesting that using xSqueeze and hardware squeezeboxes would do perfect sync?

Yeah XSqueeze won't start quickly - python in XBMC aint quick, then it has to kick off the external player etc. But no, there's no option for other plugins etc (or no easy one).

Have you played with the LMS options at least?

And no - xsqueeze and hardware will not do perfect sync (although I have always found it within a few ms) - i meant hardware to hardware - you just need that sort of reliable clocking to do it.

I am no expert - you could ask in the slave/lite threads....also, definitely try all slave or all lite rather than mix and match.

I am still new to all this, so I am exploring the settings on LMS.

but, if XSqueeze cause a delay, would that mean it would be close to impossible for it to perfect sync with other players?

XSqueeze might be slow to start up initially but it doesn't cause a delay as such - it just spawns the external player which is supposed to attempt to maintain sync using the slimproto clocking info. I suspect your plugin might completely bugger things up to be honest - softsqueeze is positively ancient at this point so I'd strongly look to more modern players as a first step.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - moonwhaler - 2013-02-27

Your suggestion to add a parameter to the startup of "squeezelite" or "squeezeslave" did the trick! After getting a list of output devices, I added "-o2" (for HDMI-0) to the "squeezeslave" startup parameter. Worked out of the box after that Thank you! Smile

Thanks for the hint, I somehow thought softSqueeze was "the device to use" - its the main one documented in Logitech's site... to be honest, it looks OK for a squeeze box on your work computer, but otherwise its annoying. Don't they realize people use dedicated computers for everything nowadays? LOL

Is there anything beside squeezelite and squeezeslave? SqueezePlay maybe?
And... which one would be better out, to use in conjuncture with xSqueeze? I see we can choose between the two in the XBMC setup, but for me it all looks pretty much the same.

BTW thanks for introducing me to the fabulous world of room-syncing. I am now planning to add a computer to the bathroom!!