Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Demose - 2014-02-23

I'm having some problems running the Xsqueeze player on an openelec PI. It can connect to the server, but i get a problem opening the player.

full log

The server is running on a Synology DS, not sure if it matters..

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-02-24

@pocster - should be ok - what happens if you pull up the context menu on the repo and choose 'force refresh' - wait a couple mins, then try going in there again?

@Demose

Need a full debug log, not a standard one.

Try ssh-ing into your Pi and running the equivalent command from the command line:
Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezeslave', '-mb8:27:eb:5a:5d:00', '192.168.178.150']

....what's the output of that?

I can't remember whether Openelec Pi has alsa or not? That might be the issue.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - pocster - 2014-02-25

Hey!

Yep; tried force refresh and update - nothing SadSadSad

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-02-25

Try downloading repo from wiki again. Version 0.1.7 is current. Maybe something got corrupted along the way...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - pocster - 2014-02-27

Thanks
Now got version 0.1.8.

Installed but doesn't seem to work. Just frozen on 1 'album' though found the server ok.
Icons etc. do nothing - so can't select anything

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-02-28

Debug Log? It definitely generally works. Given all the hassle with the repo at your end, I am going to guess some sort of network timeout locally to you or something...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - pocster - 2014-02-28

Sure thing!
Can you directly to where the log is please?. I'll look through it and post the relevant parts :-)

thanks

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - pocster - 2014-02-28

Ah!; here we go:

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=140336

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-01

If you run this from the command line, what happens? Can you play music?

### XSqueeze-1.0.6 ### Attempting to start player: ['/Users/markhula/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/osx/squeezelite', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.0.3']

I notice you're on oSX 64 bit - the binary is 32 bit but I think it should still work. You can manually confirm as above.

Actually, it all looks fine. Are you actually adding any music?? You need to go to the chooser (icon bottom right) and then choose some music (or hit 'info' on your remote). I just looks as if you're randomly pressing keys then quitting...I can't see a call to the chooser at all?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - pocster - 2014-03-01

Hmmm,

Nothing. That command line you suggest just hangs :-(((

Chooser works; but is very slow. But once album chosen, art work appears but no track info or playing...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-02

'Hangs' is good if you're running from the command line - squeezelite doesn't display anything, it just sits there waiting to be controlled and to output audio - it means the player is running. Go to your LMS and control the player from there, and you should be able to get music playback going. That's the first thing to achieve, if you can do that, then go back into xxsqueeze and set it up the same way (and command line switches you need etc).

I suspect you're maybe having issues because you're not running squeezelite right (most likely wrong audio output). There's a link in the wiki to the squeezelite project, go there and work out the command line stuff you have to do....then copy those switches into xsqueeze settings once it's all running nice outside of xbmc....then getting xsqueeze to work the same should be very easy.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - warlion - 2014-03-02

bossanova808

your first post request for authentication

that can scary many users to use your addon

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-02

Yeah good point - only happened recently when I moved the repo to github and deleted it from googlecode. All fixed now.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - core15 - 2014-03-03

Hi,
I'm using the raspbmc. After installing the bossanova808 repo zip, I can choose the "bossanova808's XBMC Addons" folder at "Get add-ons", where it is enabled. But after selecting the folder, there are no add-ons available. The folder is empty. I installed, deinstalled and rebooted several times, but no XSqueeze to select.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-04

@core15 - there have been a few empty repo reports lately (since I moved it to github).

1. Make sure you are using hte latest repo 0.1.8 is the version
2. Force refresh it, maybe a few times

I think maybe it's timing out before it retrieves the list of addons for some reason, but I ma not sure. It works fine on a fresh install here after a minute or two anyway.