Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 11:10)nick w Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 03:38)Graves Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 03:09)bossanova808 Wrote: Sorry, been a while, looks likt you need the whoel thing

Code:
squeezelite -o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 - HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
squeezelite -o "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 - HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0"
or most likely just:
squeezelite -o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0

You can get help with squeezelite here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97046-Announce-Squeezelite-a-small-headless-squeezeplay-emulator-for-linux-%28alsa-only%29

You my friend are awesome. Worked like a charm, Many Many Thanks!!!!!!!!

Now u say squeezeslave syncs better in a multiroom environment right. Should I use Squeezeslave because its better.

So groves, did you install the package in the link to get your working?
Thanks
N

I installed the package from the last repo. Think it was 1.9 maybe. Im not home right now to check

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-27

@ Nick what r u getting when u ssh into ur openelec machine and run

Go Into the .xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux folder

And run ./xsqueezelite-i386 -l

Off top of my head thats how i did it and post what u get from it. Oh make sure u run putty with admin rights

Re: RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 11:23)Graves Wrote: @ Nick what r u getting when u ssh into ur openelec machine and run

Go Into the .xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux folder

And run ./xsqueezelite-i386 -l

Off top of my head thats how i did it and post what u get from it. Oh make sure u run putty with admin rights

Thanks graves. Will post back what happens when I get home from work

Cheers
N

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-27

Ok, so I have just pushed an update with a new setting (see Other Settings tab) - allows for a pause after exit before the XBMC AE is resumed. Fingers crossed that helps you graves

Also, updated squeezelite to the latest version for good measure.

To get this you will need my latest repo - https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/raw/master/repository-downloads/repository.bossanova808/repository.bossanova808-0.1.9.zip

****** Due to an xbmc bug you will NOT get this automatically if you're not using the latest repo.

well updated xsqueeze and now its saying cant connect to player. I didn't change any settings, only updated.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-27

It says 1.0.8? I tried here on two machines its OK. But they are both windows. Did you go into settings at all? It should use a default 0 setting for the new option. Also, try rebooting your lms and this client. If no go post debug log and I will loom at it tomorrow...and apologies if I broke something.

ok weird thing is I rolled backed to previous version and all is well except for the hogging audio thing. Im thinking something got broken when u updated the app. I will try and post a log tonight when I have more time.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-27

How are you running it without permissions issues through SSH

Lounge:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezeslave-
i64 -ls
-sh: ./squeezeslave-i64: Permission denied

I am running it as admin via windows and logged in as root.
Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks
N

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 21:53)nick w Wrote: How are you running it without permissions issues through SSH

Lounge:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezeslave-
i64 -ls
-sh: ./squeezeslave-i64: Permission denied

I am running it as admin via windows and logged in as root.
Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks
N
Code:
ls -l squeezeslave-i64

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-28

@Nick w

Ok if you've never run XSqueeze after an upgrade, and you drop to the command line, then the player binaries will not yet bet marked as executables.

(XBMC doesn't really support binary downloads and proper addon installation mechanisms, so basically every time XSqueeze starts it runs a 'chmod +x' on the binaries just to be sure).

So - I am guessing you need to just chmod +x whichever one you want to run

(ls -al in the folder will show you what the attributes are).

@Graves

There was a change with the latest squeezelite - before you could just specify the server IP directly, so:

squeezelite -m 00:etc 192.168.1.51

now it has to be:

squeezelite -m 00:etc -s 192.168.1.51

...I think this is where I may have broken it (I do this bit for you basically)... a debug log of you running it would really help me out. I don't need to speicfy any special switches on my main install...but I suspect it's building the command line wrong. I will look at it, but if you could post a full log, that would be great

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-28

I just pushed 1.0.9 with fixes for switches issues

@Graves can you try this one please? If no go -> full debug log thanks

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-28

I updated to 1.09 and still broken for me

http://pastebin.com/WDfJXfeh

1.0.6 is the only one working on my openelec box

@Nick I only got permission denied when using the wrong program in ssh. On my second box its 64bit and was trying to use the .i386 version of squeezelite which threw me the permission denied error

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-28

ok just tried something. If I just reset xbmc in openelec audio returns to normal. Maybe a possible work around for this would be when exiting xsqueeze it could just trigger a xbmc restart to release the hdmi. I don't know how hard that would be to do. I believe 1.0.6 is your stable version, minus the hogging issue, because everything works well. Sync is spot on with both my machines which are running 1.0.6.

It's related but it's your switches:

XSqueeze-1.0.9 ### Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-

i386', '-m', '18:03:73:01:d9:82', '-o', 'hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0', 'HDA', 'ATI', 'HDMI,', 'HDMI', '0', '-s',

'192.168.1.103']

I am pretty suire you don't need all that guff in the device bit...can you try just:

-o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0

...leaving off all the stuff with spaces after that (which is what is stuffing it up). If you do need the longer string I will have to re-think things a bit but generally space in command line switches cause issues

Yep your right I didn't need all that fluff lol. Updated to newest version and all is working well.

Thank you for all the help. Loving this plugin.