Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-30

So you all stop thinking I'm crazy. Here's a video of it not working

Squeezebox: http://youtu.be/h6bTrvEHOnA

SSH to the box, I can get it to work... How odd...

Is my YouTube clip working OK?

Re: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-30

Yes your YouTube works.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-30

Any ideas nick?

Re: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-30

Only that perhaps the audio device is blocked by either xbmc or your SSH playing. Reboot?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-30

Did you leave off the quotes?

Work only on one player - squeezelite.

Triple check you've chosen squeezelite, but in the fake mac, put in the server IP, and put in that device string *without the quotes* - and if that doesn';t work, turn on debug logging, reboot your xbmc, run xsqueeze and when it fails post the full log

(obviously if you didn't stop squeezelite in your ssh session before trying xsqueeze the first player would be hogging the audio)...

And that you have given squeezelite options to squeezeslave.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - dapex - 2014-03-30

Does this work on Android media players running XBMC?? I ahve tried everything I can think of and I still get Script Failed

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-30

As per the wiki, no.

It's not impossible though - if you can find a working binary squeezelite for your platform then in theory it could be made to work, but I don't have any so would need some help.

Makes me wonder if anyone reads the wiki!

Looking back over 76 pages of this thread...not many I would say!

Oh well, what can you do?

(2014-03-30, 01:13)bossanova808 Wrote: Did you leave off the quotes?

Work only on one player - squeezelite.

Triple check you've chosen squeezelite, but in the fake mac, put in the server IP, and put in that device string *without the quotes* - and if that doesn';t work, turn on debug logging, reboot your xbmc, run xsqueeze and when it fails post the full log

(obviously if you didn't stop squeezelite in your ssh session before trying xsqueeze the first player would be hogging the audio)...

Right i am back.. Smile

Tired the things you said Bossonova, here is my setting.xml:
(i have tried several things for the MAC value

<settings>
<setting id="MAC" value="192.168.1.200" />
<setting id="connectpause" value="0" />
<setting id="enableTouch" value="true" />
<setting id="exitpause" value="0" />
<setting id="liteargs" value="-o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0" />
<setting id="playback" value="true" />
<setting id="player" value="Squeezelite" />
<setting id="sendPlayOnStart" value="true" />
<setting id="serverHTTPPort" value="9000" />
<setting id="serverIP" value="192.168.1.200" />
<setting id="serverPass" value="" />
<setting id="serverPort" value="9090" />
<setting id="serverUser" value="" />
<setting id="slaveargs" value="" />
<setting id="startuppause" value="0" />
</settings>

New Log here,
http://pastebin.com/71R7kPvD

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - dapex - 2014-03-30

(2014-03-30, 03:41)nickr Wrote: Makes me wonder if anyone reads the wiki!

Yes I did read the Wiki.. and no where on the Wiki can I see where it says XSqueeze doesnt work on Android devicesHuh?

Please feel to show me what part of the Wiki I missed as I genuinly did look and If I missed something obvious then I apologise for wasting peoples time (just to Point out I have spent several hours on this so far... When I started I had never installed anything on my Qnap and so I have learnt a lot along the way)

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-30

@ nick. Try putting in ur openelec mahines mac instead of a fake one in xsqueeze settings. See if that helps

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-30

(2014-03-30, 11:11)dapex Wrote:
(2014-03-30, 03:41)nickr Wrote: Makes me wonder if anyone reads the wiki!

Yes I did read the Wiki.. and no where on the Wiki can I see where it says XSqueeze doesnt work on Android devicesHuh?

Please feel to show me what part of the Wiki I missed as I genuinly did look and If I missed something obvious then I apologise for wasting peoples time (just to Point out I have spent several hours on this so far... When I started I had never installed anything on my Qnap and so I have learnt a lot along the way)

Cheers
It lists what it DOES work on and I see no mention of android.

Android does have a player of squeeze in the playstore though.

my LMS server log:
14-03-30 22:39:00.3562] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[14-03-30 22:44:32.4922] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1889) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::playerXQuery]: [Can't locate object method "vfdmodel" via package "Slim:Tonguelayer::HTTP" at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Slim/Control/Queries.pm line 1876.
]
[14-03-30 22:44:32.4925] Slim:Tonguelugin::CLI:Tonguelugin::cli_process (649) Request [player] failed with error: Bad dispatch!
[14-03-30 22:46:54.3087] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1889) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::playerXQuery]: [Can't locate object method "vfdmodel" via package "Slim:Tonguelayer::HTTP" at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Slim/Control/Queries.pm line 1876.
]
[14-03-30 22:46:54.3090] Slim:Tonguelugin::CLI:Tonguelugin::cli_process (649) Request [player] failed with error: Bad dispatch!