Kodi Community Forum
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Official Announcements and Forum Rules (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=109)
+--- Thread: XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now (/showthread.php?tid=122392)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Diggs - 2012-02-10

Diggs Wrote:I am still using Beta 1 on both of my installs. I will try and do an update tonight on at least one of them to see if I notice any changes. My only issues with Beta 1 is the random and rare lockups (maybe twice total this has happened), and the way it forces the Underworld Movies as a set and not individually listed. My Windows 7 32 bit install has a big delay when launching Beta 1, but the other system with lower specs but 64 bit launches almost instantaneously. I am about 99% sure that is a windows configuration issue and has nothing to do with XBMC itself. If Beta 3 doesn't change that, I am going to start from scratch and upgrade to 64 bit, which I should have done from the start.

Anxious to see how it does and as always thanks for this software!!! It's basically the only thing I run on my TV now.

I upgraded both of my systems last night and happy to report it fixed two issues I mentioned in the post above. The Sets for Underworld now show up individually. And the 32 bit system launches MUCH faster now! I didn't expect the launch time to change and really thought this was something with my windows config or network setup. Beta 3 is rocking so far! Glad I did the update.

Diggs

Acer Aspire R1600 - raiderco - 2012-02-10

The network drivers to not seem to work. Any ideas?

- cscoppa - 2012-02-10

Does anyone know if it's possible to SSH in if you're running "live" off the usb key? I tried xbmc / xbmc and xbmc / *blank* and it's not working.

Thanks in advance!

- freebs - 2012-02-10

cscoppa Wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to SSH in if you're running "live" off the usb key? I tried xbmc / xbmc and xbmc / *blank* and it's not working.

Thanks in advance!

yep you can.. are you using putty ?

- cscoppa - 2012-02-10

freebs Wrote:yep you can.. are you using putty ?

Yes, on my Windows machines or Terminal on the Mac. Did they change the user name and password for this version?

EDIT: nevermind, I just changed it via terminal in lubuntu

- trezz101 - 2012-02-11

raiderco Wrote:The network drivers to not seem to work. Any ideas?

I'm having similar issue. Network seems to work fine with existing video folders from network. Problem happens when I try to browse network to add new source. Nothing appears under "Windows Network" when browsing. Also tried manually typing folder destination. Didn't work.

Anybody else having this issue? Going to go back to beta 2 and see if adding new source from network works.

- apw2607 - 2012-02-11

BlackstarBSP Wrote:There is no built in updater within the application menu.

You download the new dmg image, double click on it to mount it.
Drag the app icon over to the applications folder then select 'replace'.
Then right click on the mounted disc image on the desktop and select 'eject'.

You can then move the downloaded .dmg file to another location incase you want to install it again or you can just erase it.

You can download the new Mac OS X Eden Beta 3 from here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/osx/

You also might need to kill the xbmc helper process before installing beta 3 ontop of beta 2

- Serval62 - 2012-02-11

Hi,
First, I apologize for my english which is not good enough that I would like.
I've got a problem with any xbmc eden version when I use it like upnp server.
On my PS3 or any other upnp device, all the TV series appears on it in the alphabetical order and not in the order of episodes. I said that my episodes are organized as follows:
NameOfEserie/Season 1/S01E01.avi .....S01E02....
but if the episode title No. 8 begins with an "a", it will appear before the episode No. 2 that starts with an "l", whatever the file name (S01E01...S01E02...)
Is it that there would be a setting that I could not see, or this function is not provided.
It seems to me that to do with Dharma, I had installed a modified version by the French xbmc team.
Is it possible to include this sort function by episodes in the final Eden version ?
Thanks

- BlackstarBSP - 2012-02-11

apw2607 Wrote:You also might need to kill the xbmc helper process before installing beta 3 ontop of beta 2

Very true, good call.

If anyone needs help doing that...

To quit XBMCHelper:

Launch the program 'Activity Monitor' located in your 'Utilities' folder.
In the upper right hand search/filter box, type in 'xbmc'.
You should see a single active application called 'XBMCHelper'.
If you see this application running, select it, then quit this app before you update to Beta 3.
If you do not see this application running, proceed with the update.

Sound drops out and video stutters - BoxFreak - 2012-02-11

Still problems with audio drop outs and video stuttering (same has been with all pre-eden builds). Platform Live, hardware Shuttle XS35GT with 1GB RAM and 30GB SSD. I play my media from NAS, but I´ve tested also with local files and result is same.

While playing audio sound drops out/pauses for a second, xbmc.log shows everytime following line:
"15:56:56 T:2833111920 DEBUG: CALSADirectSound::AddPackets - buffer underun (tried to write 512 frames)"

While playing video, sound goes on ok, but video stutters (freezes from a fraction of a second to few seconds). There´s no error in xbmc.log every time, but when there is, it´s always like this:
"16:03:32 T:2841504624 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:1600514561.317000, should be:1600504531.134683, error:-10030.182317"

With Dharma Live I never encountered any problems with sound dropping out, some videos stuttered a bit, but very much less than with Eden beta´s. Any idea´s how to fix these problems?

- mattchapman - 2012-02-11

Is it OK to simply install the Beta 3 over the prior Betas or is it recommended to first uninstall?

- sourbob - 2012-02-11

Fantastic that this is up! Thanks so much.

I have been using Night as my theme, and now my favorited smart playlists that used to show up as submenu choices under Movies and TV are coming up as black screens.

I've asked in the Night thread for help, but that skin may not be in active development.

Could someone recommend a nice, clean, simple skin that would allow me to have smartplaylists added as sub-choices under Movies and TV from the main menu?

- DDDamian - 2012-02-11

mattchapman Wrote:Is it OK to simply install the Beta 3 over the prior Betas or is it recommended to first uninstall?

No issues with installing over - video db's may upgrade to v60.

- dke1 - 2012-02-11

I have a question.

I want to spend the time i have today to optimize and fix the 11.0 beta 3 release on my asus ion330 (currently running ancient 9.11 camelot).

My question is, if i reinstall everything to 11.0 beta 3, can i then upgrade easily to 11.0 stable once it comes out, or do i have to reinstall everything then again?

Thanks guys, really appreciate all the free shit you put out, love xbmc!

- ojaca - 2012-02-11

I too use an Acer Aspire Revo on 9.11. I run it from a flash drive instead of installing it on the mahine, once I'm afraid running XBMC on top of a very slow PC with a single core ATOM processor and Windiws XP won't work properly. And it should be easier to move from one version to the other - just format the flashdrive.
I've downloaded the beta 3 XBMCbuntu .iso file, used unetbootin to create a bootable usb drive and it worked fine. I can run XBMC without installing it on the Hard Disk. However, as apposed to version 9.11, the settings don't get saved on reboot. My weather location and network drives are reset. Any clues?