Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Random and last items smartplaylist script for Skins - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Random and last items smartplaylist script for Skins (/showthread.php?tid=122448)

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - Sranshaft - 2012-08-07

(2012-08-06, 18:35)mikebzh44 Wrote: @Sranshaft : I will have a look on it but it will take time as I think is due to JSON version in Frodo :

No worries mate. Just thought I'd check in. Like I said, everything other than music works flawlessly for now so I'm happy to live with the error until you have some more time for testing with Frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - Sranshaft - 2012-11-28

@mikebzh44: Polite bump to ask if you've had any chance to update the script for Frodo. Due to recent changes regarding the duration field being changed to an integer instead of a string, the script is now throwing an error in Movies and TV shows as well now.

Code:
00:40:42 T:7796   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "value" for method "setProperty" must be unicode or str
00:40:42 T:7796   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "value" for method "setProperty" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 643, in <module>
                                                _getMovies()
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 191, in _getMovies
                                                _setProperty( "%s.%d.RunningTime" % ( PROPERTIE, _count ), runtime)
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 600, in _setProperty
                                                WINDOW.setProperty ( _property, _value )
                                            TypeError: argument "value" for method "setProperty" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
00:40:42 T:7940   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "value" for method "setProperty" must be unicode or str
00:40:42 T:7940   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "value" for method "setProperty" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 648, in <module>
                                                _getEpisodesFromPlaylist()
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 288, in _getEpisodesFromPlaylist
                                                _setEpisodeProperties ( _episode, _count )
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 554, in _setEpisodeProperties
                                                _setProperty( "%s.%d.RunningTime"   % ( PROPERTIE, _count ), runtime)
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 600, in _setProperty
                                                WINDOW.setProperty ( _property, _value )
                                            TypeError: argument "value" for method "setProperty" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mikebzh44 - 2012-11-28

Yes, I have to work on Frodo Big Grin may be next week.

I was waiting because Martijn will might include some of the features in his script : script.skin.widgets

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - Sranshaft - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-28, 15:50)mikebzh44 Wrote: Yes, I have to work on Frodo Big Grin may be next week.

I was waiting because Martijn will might include some of the features in his script : script.skin.widgets

Ah, sweet. It'd be to nice to have all of these features rolled into one script - it makes it easier to keep everything up to date - so here's to hoping that happens. Cheers for the update. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - Mudislander - 2012-11-28

Cool - Have started to add into Hybrid, mostly works but as mentioned in this thread already, Music kicks up an error.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - Martijn - 2012-11-28

it will happen and hopefully with same speed increase Smile

(2012-11-28, 16:08)Martijn Wrote: it will happen and hopefully with same speed increase Smile

awesome news mate. i hate to be that guy but any idea on a rough ETA?

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - RockDawg - 2012-12-01

Is this script deprecated now and everything included in skin.widgets?

Re: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mikebzh44 - 2012-12-01

No not for the moment but I have to make a Frodo release.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mad-max - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-01, 09:27)mikebzh44 Wrote: No not for the moment but I have to make a Frodo release.
Any news on this?

I checked this thread and the skin.widgets thread...
Unfortunately the script is broken in the betas...

cheers,
mad-max

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mikebzh44 - 2012-12-10

Yes, just have to find some spare time Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mad-max - 2012-12-10

Yeah, I know that problem Wink

Thanks for the fast answer...

mad-max

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - mikebzh44 - 2012-12-17

Thanks to Martijn, script was adapted to Frodo.

And a lot of properties were added.

Martijn is still working on it but for skinners who want to test, new script can be downloaded here :

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7435592/script.randomandlastitems.zip

Look into code to see new properties but there are the same as in script.skin.widget.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - Eisi2005 - 2012-12-17

@mike

a big big THANKS, i love it.

RE: [RELEASE] Random and last items of video smartplaylist script for Skins / Skinners - butchabay - 2012-12-17

@mike

I get script failed ! lastandrandomitems.py

any idea?