Kodi Community Forum
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only (/showthread.php?tid=124600)

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - HeresJohnny - 2012-08-09

I've been able to resolve my stuttering issues. In all the latest nightlies (at least one month) the option "use fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen" is broken. If I uncheck it and also check "Adjust display refresh rate", playback is very smooth.

The freezing problem when setting audio output to any WASAPI output persists, though.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - publicENEMY - 2012-08-10

which is recommended for truehd and dtsma?
1. DanielaE release
2. DDDamian
3. xbmc official snapshot/testbuild

Thanks.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Marco275 - 2012-08-11

(2012-08-09, 08:17)HeresJohnny Wrote: The freezing problem when setting audio output to any WASAPI output persists, though.

Hmm, this is what's buggin me I guess..
I'll stick to Frodo beta 3 then until someone fixes this..

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Ace - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-11, 13:09)Marco275 Wrote:
(2012-08-09, 08:17)HeresJohnny Wrote: The freezing problem when setting audio output to any WASAPI output persists, though.

Hi,

I posted a patch over at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131237&pid=1167850#pid1167850 , maybe this helps you.

ace

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Marco275 - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-12, 16:45)ace20022 Wrote:
(2012-08-11, 13:09)Marco275 Wrote:

Hi,

I posted a patch over at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131237&pid=1167850#pid1167850 , maybe this helps you.

ace

Hi, thank you, I missed that thread I guess..
Going to read and give it a try Smile

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Senthil - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-10, 04:42)publicENEMY Wrote: which is recommended for truehd and dtsma?
1. DanielaE release
2. DDDamian

Thanks.

3.XBMC Official nightly builds... there has been so many changes for good compared to the previous builds.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - PatrickBateman - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-14, 01:11)Senthil Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 04:42)publicENEMY Wrote: which is recommended for truehd and dtsma?
1. DanielaE release
2. DDDamian

Thanks.

3.XBMC Official nightly builds... there has been so many changes for good compared to the previous builds.

And what revision is the most stable nightly to get? Smile

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - blinkseb - 2012-08-14

Try this : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1287 . It should fix the issue. I'm waiting for some ACK before merging Smile

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Ace - 2012-08-14

Hi all,

I created a new patch, since the old one was wrong and move from Windows support to this thread.
The patch changes the conversion from 100 ns steps to seconds.
Furthermore it protects the GetCacheTime() call from GetDelay() and the GetBuffer() call from AddPackets() by a lock.
This was already mentioned by FernetMenta in the discussion about the PR (1131 (PR)) which introduced the freeze

The patch can be found at http://pastebin.com/MazvHFKK.

@davilla Maybe you find the time to give a short feedback.

ace

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Memphiz - 2012-08-14

What if you leave the lock away and only fix the ns to secs conversion?

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - blinkseb - 2012-08-14

Yes, the lock shouldn't be needed.

Just tested, it seems to fix the issue. The conversion wasn't correct.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Ace - 2012-08-14

I also thought that it was the conversion at first, but as I mentioned In the other thread

Quote:I successfully played two flac files, but had no time to test more.

EDIT: In the meantime I had. The access violation still persists. Now it happens within minutes rather than seconds.

Sorry for the confusing using two threads.

At the crash the threads are at

Code:
XBMC.exe!CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets(unsigned char * data, unsigned int frames, bool hasAudio)  Line 441

Line 441: hr = m_pRenderClient->GetBuffer(NumFramesRequested, &buf);

in the CSoftAE thread,

while the PAPlayer thread is at:
Code:
XBMC.exe!CAESinkWASAPI::GetCacheTime()  Line 344

Line 344: HRESULT hr = m_pAudioClient->GetCurrentPadding(&numPaddingFrames);

Therefore I guess that these two calls clash.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - wbalzer - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-07, 08:52)solidsatras Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 19:12)wbalzer Wrote: Post XMBC-AE:
I bought the Xtreamer Ultra 2 using the NVIDIA GTX 520M, and set it up the same by creating the EDID override for the TV, mounting the bd.iso, and playing the movie though WinDVD11. It plays FLAWLESSLY in full HD.
Never change a running system Tongue
I´m sure the developers would need a debug log (wiki) to track down your problem.
But since gnif and DDDamien are MIA, things are going a little slow here.
So you will have to be patient.

Ha! Well, actually my first Xtreamer Ultra was starting to run really slow, perhaps due to a problem in the SSHD. Anyway... I'm intending on reformating the drive and repurposing it.

I did come across another "problem" due to the audio settings when using an external player such as WinDVD. If the system audio settings is set to HDMI with WASAPI passthrough, when the external player launches, there is NO SOUND because XBMC has the exclusive use of WASAPI. Currently, I set my external player to play my 3DBD iso's. The only way to get sound to play from the external player is to set the XBMC's audio to Analog. Confused

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Senthil - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-14, 09:10)PatrickBateman Wrote: 3.XBMC Official nightly builds... there has been so many changes for good compared to the previous builds.

And what revision is the most stable nightly to get? Smile

well! get the most recent one. all those builds with AE has one or other issue but assuming the most recent nightly has all the fixes merged and should be stable for most people... Blush

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - da-anda - 2012-08-15

wbalzer - using DirectSound (if still available) should also work for you. Or configure your audio device to NOT allow exclusive mode via WASAPI.