Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-08-04

(2016-08-03, 18:20)JPM39 Wrote: Thank you for answering so fast.

1/ You are right, the problem disapear when I turn off "GET BIO FROM KODI"
2/ The artist which causes it is "Yes"
3/ New complete log (sorry for the first one) is here: http://pastebin.com/uw0XmMUZ

I stay at your disposal for any other information you may need.

Is Yes the only artist that gives you this problem? I just downloaded a YES song from Amazon, added it to my library, made sure I had an artist bio in Kodi, and can't duplicate this. I even added an extended character to my Adele bio and still can't get AS to crash. If it's just YES, I'm wondering if the Kodi bio is corrupt in some way.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - rew88 - 2016-08-04

(2016-07-31, 04:13)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-07-31, 00:51)rew88 Wrote: To pkscout I was wondering how set in stone is artist slideshows image download location I ask this because a lot of people
are using android boxes with limited flash ram space is it possible to download to say a external drive to save space
on the box .

Pretty well set in stone for downloaded images. You could look at path substitutions to have your addon user data stored somewhere else if space is really an issue. The other option is to use Artist Slideshow Helper (it's available in the repo as well) to move the images out of the local addon directory. With ASH you can set any destination you'd like for the images and then select the migration type of MOVE to delete the originals from the source after the copy is done. All you have to do then is tell Artist Slideshow to use that same destination as the local image folder and then have AS use BOTH LOCAL AND REMOTE images. If you do all that, AS will download images to the external location for any artist that has at least one image. The only time AS will use the local storage is for a brand new artist.

This is basically what I do, and I use CronBMC to run AS Helper every night. So every night any images on my local storage get moved to the remote destination.

I have tried this to no avail when I set ash to move the files they remain in addons folder they are not deleted. I also set AS to use external folder but it will only use images from addons folder not the external folder
is there a specific filename for the external folder ? I thought I would add I am using artist slideshow images from another machine.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-08-05

(2016-08-04, 04:08)rew88 Wrote: I have tried this to no avail when I set ash to move the files they remain in addons folder they are not deleted. I also set AS to use external folder but it will only use images from addons folder not the external folder
is there a specific filename for the external folder ? I thought I would add I am using artist slideshow images from another machine.

First, you might want to read through the wiki pages for both AS and AS Helper. I've done a fair amount of work to document everything and explain it as best I could.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow_Helper

Note that neither has been updated for 2.0.1, so there isn't any mention of the illegal file name correction options. But those probably aren't your issue.

After that if you're still having issues I'd be happy to troubleshoot with you some. I would need screenshots of all the settings tabs of both applications and debug log files for both as well. When you enable debug logging, you need to do it both in Kodi and in the addons (in the advanced tab of the settings). So you'll have three places to go to enable debug logging.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - NewYears1978 - 2016-08-05

How do you make this work..for a week now I have been trying with no success. I have local artwork but I don't know what the program is looking for...and as far as downloading..it never downloads anything. I cannot find a guide on how to use it either.

When I click RUN is something supposed to happen? For me it just goes back to my add-on list.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-08-05

(2016-08-05, 04:12)NewYears1978 Wrote: How do you make this work..for a week now I have been trying with no success. I have local artwork but I don't know what the program is looking for...and as far as downloading..it never downloads anything. I cannot find a guide on how to use it either.

When I click RUN is something supposed to happen? For me it just goes back to my add-on list.

AS is designed to be activated by a skin when the full screen music screen is brought up. You have to be using a skin that supports AS for it to do anything (the default Kodi skin does not support AS). I don't maintain a list of skins that support AS, so you'll have to poke around to find one if the one you're using doesn't support AS. As for usage:

P.S. that link is on the first post of this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - NewYears1978 - 2016-08-05

(2016-08-05, 04:30)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 04:12)NewYears1978 Wrote: How do you make this work..for a week now I have been trying with no success. I have local artwork but I don't know what the program is looking for...and as far as downloading..it never downloads anything. I cannot find a guide on how to use it either.

AS is designed to be activated by a skin when the full screen music screen is brought up. You have to be using a skin that supports AS for it to do anything (the default Kodi skin does not support AS). I don't maintain a list of skins that support AS, so you'll have to poke around to find one if the one you're using doesn't support AS. As for usage:

P.S. that link is on the first post of this thread.

I should have specified..I am using Aeon Nox which is supposed to work. I will try your modified confluence and see if anything happens. I read (the entire thing about 2 times hehe) the Wiki on usage but tbh it wasn't very helpful for me with what is happening. When I hit Run I am not sure what is "supposed" to happen.

I will try another theme now.

Edit:
It worked, I guess Aeon Nox it isn't updated or implemented right.

The issue now is that it was working, then just randomly stopped now image is blank :\

Edit2:

I think it was caching issue, I cleared the appdata images (the hashed folders), renamed my artists from (Last, First) to (First Last) and I think it's working now..will see if it stays working Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - JPM39 - 2016-08-05

(2016-08-04, 01:32)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 18:20)JPM39 Wrote: Thank you for answering so fast.

1/ You are right, the problem disapear when I turn off "GET BIO FROM KODI"
2/ The artist which causes it is "Yes"
3/ New complete log (sorry for the first one) is here: http://pastebin.com/uw0XmMUZ

I stay at your disposal for any other information you may need.

Is Yes the only artist that gives you this problem? I just downloaded a YES song from Amazon, added it to my library, made sure I had an artist bio in Kodi, and can't duplicate this. I even added an extended character to my Adele bio and still can't get AS to crash. If it's just YES, I'm wondering if the Kodi bio is corrupt in some way.

I do not remember seeing the problem with another artist but it's not sufficient to say that it is the only one.
But nevermind. As you have suggested, the Kodi bio was surely corrupted (why ? when ?). I made some new scraping which has solved the problem.

Thank you for your help.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - NewYears1978 - 2016-08-06

See I went to work, came home, it was working, I have changed nothing now suddenly the slideshows are no longer working.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - rew88 - 2016-08-06

(2016-08-05, 02:48)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-08-04, 04:08)rew88 Wrote: I have tried this to no avail when I set ash to move the files they remain in addons folder they are not deleted. I also set AS to use external folder but it will only use images from addons folder not the external folder

First, you might want to read through the wiki pages for both AS and AS Helper. I've done a fair amount of work to document everything and explain it as best I could.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow_Helper

Note that neither has been updated for 2.0.1, so there isn't any mention of the illegal file name correction options. But those probably aren't your issue.

After that if you're still having issues I'd be happy to troubleshoot with you some. I would need screenshots of all the settings tabs of both applications and debug log files for both as well. When you enable debug logging, you need to do it both in Kodi and in the addons (in the advanced tab of the settings). So you'll have three places to go to enable debug logging.

thankyou for the speedy reply I probably wasn't too clear what I have is over 6 gigs of hashed folder images I was hoping to use as an external source but upon reading the wiki (if I am correct)
slideshow wont read these as an ext source must be in artist/fanart folders not hash folders.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2016-08-07

i was running into this just black background issue today, normal usage so no debug on Sad

but you can see that AS is spamming
Code:
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 802, in _remove_trailing_dot
                                                return self._remove_trailing_dot( thename[:-1] + self.ENDREPLACE )

in the log the artist was O.M.D. but its all in the log
http://pastebin.com/y7MdYg6j

Edit
I'm using _ for the last . in the fuzzy option

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-08-07

(2016-08-06, 03:00)rew88 Wrote: thankyou for the speedy reply I probably wasn't too clear what I have is over 6 gigs of hashed folder images I was hoping to use as an external source but upon reading the wiki (if I am correct)
slideshow wont read these as an ext source must be in artist/fanart folders not hash folders.

If these were folders hashed by AS, then as long as you leave them in the AS addon data directory, AS Helper will migrate the images from the hashed folder name to folders with the artists' actual names.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-08-07

(2016-08-07, 16:54)meowmoo Wrote: i was running into this just black background issue today, normal usage so no debug on Sad

but you can see that AS is spamming
Code:
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 802, in _remove_trailing_dot
                                                return self._remove_trailing_dot( thename[:-1] + self.ENDREPLACE )

in the log the artist was O.M.D. but its all in the log
http://pastebin.com/y7MdYg6j

Edit
I'm using _ for the last . in the fuzzy option

Hmmm. I'm not able to duplicate the issue here, at least not with Harry Connick, Jr. I even tried changing his name to Harry Connick, J.r. just to see what I could break. It kept working. Then I updated the database so all my HCJ stuff was by O.M.D. Still worked. Do you have another artist with a period at the end you could try? I'm just trying to figure out if what's causing AS to go south for you.

P.S. The log you uploaded didn't has AS debugging on. It would really help if you could enable that (in the AS settings) as well as the Kodi debugging.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2016-08-07

It was a radio stream, the playing artist is shown as (example) O.M.D. - track name.

I will turn on both debug option and see if I can reproduce it somehow

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2016-08-08

I reproduced it

I removed all tags from an mp3, than added "O.M.D. - test" as Titel tag (like the info kodi get from the Radio stream) and bam Smile

https://jpst.it/LTgK

AS settings

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="ab_kodi" value="true" />
    <setting id="ab_lastfm" value="true" />
    <setting id="ab_priority_kodi" value="1" />
    <setting id="ab_priority_lastfm" value="3" />
    <setting id="ab_priority_theaudiodb" value="2" />
    <setting id="ab_theaudiodb" value="true" />
    <setting id="ai_lastfm" value="true" />
    <setting id="ai_priority_lastfm" value="2" />
    <setting id="ai_priority_theaudiodb" value="1" />
    <setting id="ai_theaudiodb" value="true" />
    <setting id="disable_multiartist" value="false" />
    <setting id="enable_fuzzysearch" value="true" />
    <setting id="end_replace" value="_" />
    <setting id="fallback" value="true" />
    <setting id="fallback_path" value="nfs://myip/volume1/Media/Musik/_cdART/!Art/" />
    <setting id="fanart_folder" value="" />
    <setting id="fanarttv" value="true" />
    <setting id="fanarttv_all" value="false" />
    <setting id="fanarttv_clientapikey" value="myapikey" />
    <setting id="htbackdrops" value="true" />
    <setting id="htbackdrops_all" value="false" />
    <setting id="illegal_replace" value="_" />
    <setting id="language" value="16" />
    <setting id="local_artist_path" value="nfs://myip/volume1/Media/Musik/_cdART/" />
    <setting id="logging" value="false" />
    <setting id="max_cache_size" value="1024" />
    <setting id="priority" value="1" />
    <setting id="progress_path" value="" />
    <setting id="restrict_cache" value="false" />
    <setting id="sa_lastfm" value="true" />
    <setting id="sa_priority_lastfm" value="5" />
    <setting id="show_progress" value="0" />
    <setting id="slideshow" value="false" />
    <setting id="slideshow_path" value="" />
    <setting id="storage_target" value="1" />
    <setting id="theaudiodb" value="true" />
    <setting id="transparent" value="false" />
</settings>

I can PM you the mp3 if you wannt
and here is the updated German String.po file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bSf6HADVkFdW95LXlUX0FRVmM

edit:
I got a question about the fuzzy option, I'm storing all my Music Art on a Synology NAS, so the OS is Linux, but now and than I copy some selfmade Art to the Folder via Windows/Samba, where you run into issues with stuff like O.M.C. so the best OS setting would be Windows in this case?!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-08-08

(2016-08-08, 00:08)meowmoo Wrote: I got a question about the fuzzy option, I'm storing all my Music Art on a Synology NAS, so the OS is Linux, but now and than I copy some selfmade Art to the Folder via Windows/Samba, where you run into issues with stuff like O.M.C. so the best OS setting would be Windows in this case?!

THANK GOD YOU ASKED!!!! Wink

That was the difference between our setups. I was able to reproduce the problem once I changed my settings so that I wasn't using the Windows replacement logic. So there are two choices if you're using the fuzzy search option while I get this pushed into the Kodi repo:

1- change the target to Windows
2- go into default.py and change line 801 to:
Code:
if thename[-1] == '.' and len( thename ) > 1 and self.ENDREPLACE <> '.':

One of those will fix it.

To answer your question, I would set Target Source to the most restrictive thing you use. So if you use Windows for anything, I'd set that to Windows. The thing is, then you have to be consistent. So anything that had a period at the end, you need to go in and change those folders (and probably from a device other than your Windows machine). I think some of the NAS devices store separate path/folder/file names depending on the OS.