Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - henrikyo - 2017-05-18

I am wondering how i can change the seconds it takes to change the picture. I want it longer (im using eminence), i tried seing in the userdata folder but couldnt find any way to change it. Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-05-20

(2017-05-18, 11:03)henrikyo Wrote: I am wondering how i can change the seconds it takes to change the picture. I want it longer (im using eminence), i tried seing in the userdata folder but couldnt find any way to change it. Thank you.

That's a skin decision. Last time I looked, there is no way for the skin to have that as a user setting, although with Kodi 17 there might be a way to do it now. So it has to be hard coded. In the skin xml folder look for a file called MusicVisualization.xml. In that file look for a block something like this:

Code:
        <control type="multiimage">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>100%</width>
            <height>100%</height>
            <imagepath colordiffuse="88FFFFFF" background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
            <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
        </control>

and change the timperimage option (which is in milliseconds). One note: AS assumes a 10 second slide time to progressively show images as their downloaded. If you use something other than 10 seconds, a slideshow of an artist may seem random while images are downloading.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - elra - 2017-05-28

Ever since versions 17 and on my extrafanart folder is being ignored and the fallback folder is used instead, any reason this could be? Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - thumber - 2017-05-31

Hey PKscout,

Im having an issue with your addon. When Kodi goes from one artist to another, your addon sometimes comes up with an error and then then fanart doesnt change anymore.

This bit is from the log, the last time it happend. Im running kodi 16.3 and the new beta version from your repo.

----------------------------------------------------
21:45:39.308 T:138254668880 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 7: invalid continuation byte
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1100, in <module>
slideshow = Main()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 192, in __init__
self._use_correct_artwork()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1043, in _use_correct_artwork
self._get_local_images()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 521, in _get_local_images
self._get_artistinfo()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 295, in _get_artistinfo
bio, loglines = bio_plugins['objs'][plugin_name[1]].getBio( bio_params )
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/plugins/kodi.py", line 22, in getBio
bio = _json.loads(response).get( 'result', {} ).get( 'item', {} ).get( 'description', '' )
File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads
File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode
File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 380, in raw_decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 7: invalid continuation byte
-->End of Python script error report<--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you can help.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - msfc - 2017-06-05

You skin repo file, https://github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/blob/helix/repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.0.zip, pointed at by the AS wiki has disappeared. How am I supposed to install your repo and Estuary skin mod now?

I tried to report this as an issue in GitHub but it said "You can't perform that operation at this time" *after* I'd typed in the damn report.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-06-05

(2017-06-05, 00:17)msfc Wrote: You skin repo file, https://github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/blob/helix/repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.0.zip, pointed at by the AS wiki has disappeared. How am I supposed to install your repo and Estuary skin mod now?

I tried to report this as an issue in GitHub but it said "You can't perform that operation at this time" *after* I'd typed in the damn report.

Fixed.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-06-05

(2017-05-31, 21:52)thumber Wrote: Hey PKscout,

Im having an issue with your addon. When Kodi goes from one artist to another, your addon sometimes comes up with an error and then then fanart doesnt change anymore.

This bit is from the log, the last time it happend. Im running kodi 16.3 and the new beta version from your repo.

It would be most helpful if you could enable debug logging in both Kodi and Artist Slideshow, duplicate the issue, and then post the full debug log (please see my signature for a link on how to post a debug log if you haven't done that before). I see something that *might* fix the problem, but it would help to see the context around the crash and have some more information that would help me test the solution.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - thumber - 2017-06-05

(2017-06-05, 17:07)pkscout Wrote:

It would be most helpful if you could enable debug logging in both Kodi and Artist Slideshow, duplicate the issue, and then post the full debug log (please see my signature for a link on how to post a debug log if you haven't done that before). I see something that *might* fix the problem, but it would help to see the context around the crash and have some more information that would help me test the solution.

Thanks.

Hey mate,

I kinda thought i had done that, and the log i included was it. :/

Both Kodi and addon logging is enabled.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - msfc - 2017-06-06

(2017-06-05, 17:04)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 00:17)msfc Wrote: You skin repo file, https://github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/blob/helix/repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.0.zip, pointed at by the AS wiki has disappeared. How am I supposed to install your repo and Estuary skin mod now?

Fixed.

There is something else missing too: http://raw.github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/helix/download/skin.estuary.pkscout.mod/skin.estuary.pkscout.mod-1.8.8.zip. So the skin install fails. Curl says stat failed, SSL connect error(35). Perhaps it should be looking for https?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-06-06

(2017-06-05, 20:46)thumber Wrote: Hey mate,

I kinda thought i had done that, and the log i included was it. :/

Both Kodi and addon logging is enabled.

Nope. What you pasted in was the snippet of the log from the crash (unless there's another post here I can't see for some reason). I can't tell from that what AS was doing in the moments before that or what artist was playing or anything. As I said, I can make some blind guesses, but without the entire log file I can't test any theory.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-06-06

(2017-06-06, 00:25)msfc Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 17:04)pkscout Wrote:

Fixed.

There is something else missing too: http://raw.github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/helix/download/skin.estuary.pkscount.mod/skin.estuary.pkscout.mod-1.8.8.zip. So the skin install fails. Curl says stat failed, SSL connect error(35). Perhaps it should be looking for https?

I just deleted the mod from my production machine and then reinstalled it from the repo with no problem. All the files are there. Not sure what's causing your issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - thumber - 2017-06-06

Thanks.

Hmm when i click your link in your signature how to provide debug log it just takes me to the KODI main page. I tried to google where to find the log on a Android Shield, but i cant seem to find it.

Sorry for being a pain hehe

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - antisuck - 2017-06-06

(2017-06-06, 12:46)thumber Wrote:

Thanks.

Hmm when i click your link in your signature how to provide debug log it just takes me to the KODI main page. I tried to google where to find the log on a Android Shield, but i cant seem to find it.

Sorry for being a pain hehe

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - msfc - 2017-06-06

(2017-06-06, 02:17)pkscout Wrote: I just deleted the mod from my production machine and then reinstalled it from the repo with no problem. All the files are there. Not sure what's causing your issue.

Thanks for checking. Indeed the problem was not at your end. Inspired by https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304600 I reinstalled Python and all python packages relevant to curl, ssl and cryptography. After that I was able to download and install your modified skin. At first I tried reinstalling just python-software-properties and python-pycurl. After that the connect error disappeared, replaced by the download getting stuck at 0% accompanied by Unity filling up my disk by writing log messages to ~/.cache/upstart/unity7.log regarding errors from the python cryptography library that stemmed from the attempted download.

The last couple of updates to Ubuntu 16 have been real disasters. First the WiFi driver disappeared in an Ubuntu 16.10 update and my screen went into high DPI mode so I couldn't read the text,. Now a 16.04 update broke python.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - lotte67890 - 2017-06-06

Hey PKscout, I use to have an funny bug, when playing music and Artistslideshow already has pictures for the current Artist, all seems to work fine. but it does not show any picture of my fallback folder. I run libreelec 8.0.2 on a Pi 2 using your mod of the Estuary skin. And here comes the thrill, when using my previous used skin Arctic Zephyr the images from the fallback folder are shown without a Problem. Also when playing a new artist with the Arctic zephyr skin enabled, pictures downloaded are displyed at once.

Any suggestions?

I do not change anything in between changing the skins, and all I get when I run:
cassandra:~/ # tail -f /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
20:53:29.859 T:1179497376 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.7 started
20:53:29.859 T:1179497376 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
20:53:32.839 T:1179497376 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting France Joli/extrafanart

And here the log when I switch to an artist which has never been played before (yeah it´s kinda huge Lib I own...) Aristslideshow tells me that it loads fanart but it does not show them at all....
cassandra:~/ # tail -f /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
20:47:29.002 T:1278210976 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.7 started
20:47:29.002 T:1278210976 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
20:47:31.740 T:1303376800 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
20:47:40.051 T:1253045152 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:47:40.051 T:1253045152 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.7 started
20:47:40.051 T:1253045152 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
20:47:40.053 T:1253045152 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot

L