Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2018-05-21

(2018-05-11, 02:48)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-05-10, 15:15)meowmoo Wrote: Hi there, 

for some reasons AS dont move the extrafanart to the NAS/Artist/extrafanart folder....they all stay in .kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\temp Folder, the _imgdb.nfo is  however found in the NAS/artist/extrafanart folder..

here is a Debug Log

pastebin.xyz/p?q=dUFDQ20

thanks for looking at it Smile
All I can say in looking at that is that there is something happening with the NFS access.  Are you using NFS mounts defined in Kodi or NFS mounts in an FSTAB file with path substitution?  If the latter, I've never tested with that, so I have no idea how using that particular hack might affect file system access from the Kodi virtual file system (which I use in AS).

BTW, I use NFS here with mounts defined in Kodi and haven't seen that particular problem.  
 HI, Im using NFS mounts in Kodi, other Addons and Kodi can read write just fine from the NAS.

However I looked at the last changes on your github site, and when I change line 102 in resources/common/fileops.py back to 
Code:
_rename( filename, newfilename )
AS works just fine!

try and error + luck ;P
since i still dont know anything about Python, maby you have a idea whats going on.

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-05-21

(2018-05-21, 16:51)meowmoo Wrote:
(2018-05-11, 02:48)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-05-10, 15:15)meowmoo Wrote: Hi there, 

for some reasons AS dont move the extrafanart to the NAS/Artist/extrafanart folder....they all stay in .kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\temp Folder, the _imgdb.nfo is  however found in the NAS/artist/extrafanart folder..

here is a Debug Log

pastebin.xyz/p?q=dUFDQ20

thanks for looking at it Smile
All I can say in looking at that is that there is something happening with the NFS access.  Are you using NFS mounts defined in Kodi or NFS mounts in an FSTAB file with path substitution?  If the latter, I've never tested with that, so I have no idea how using that particular hack might affect file system access from the Kodi virtual file system (which I use in AS).

BTW, I use NFS here with mounts defined in Kodi and haven't seen that particular problem.   
 HI, Im using NFS mounts in Kodi, other Addons and Kodi can read write just fine from the NAS.

However I looked at the last changes on your github site, and when I change line 102 in resources/common/fileops.py back to 
Code:
_rename( filename, newfilename )
AS works just fine!

try and error + luck ;P
since i still dont know anything about Python, maby you have a idea whats going on.

thanks 
You basically created a situation where the rename function will generate a python error because the variables filename and newfilename don't exist.  That error is trapped, so when the rename fails the program does a two step process to rename. It copies the file to the new location then deletes the original.  So that works for you (which is great), but I can't for the life of me figure out why the rename function (which is built into the Kodi python stuff) works on my NFS and not yours.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2018-05-22

Thanks for the info.

The only thing I can think of is, you say you are using NFS on a Windows pc, I'm using a Linux based NAS. But this shouldn't be the reason right?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-05-22

(2018-05-22, 13:11)meowmoo Wrote: Thanks for the info.

The only thing I can think of is, you say you are using NFS on a Windows pc, I'm using a Linux based NAS. But this shouldn't be the reason right?
If both are implementing the NFS protocol properly then no, that shouldn't be a reason.  If I can find some time this summer I might take a deeper dive and do some testing to see if I can figure out what's going on.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - AnimalFat - 2018-06-07

Hi,

Thanks for creating and maintaining this add-on, I've been using it for several years now and just recently run into this problem.

When running the add-on in a clean install of Kodi 17.6, it fails during the creation of the hashes.  Going back through this topic, I added a line to default.py to show which artist it failed on.

Although I've switched on the 'replace illegal characters' option, it seems the script doesn't like the / character in an artist name whilst parsing and crashes when it reaches Gary Clail / On-U Sound System - all my music is tagged by MusicBrainz.

The log file shows this...
Code:

14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Gary Brooker has a hash of 459cae34
14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] getting hash for artist Gary Byrd & The G.B. Experience
14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Gary Byrd & The G.B. Experience has a hash of e32acc3a
14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] getting hash for artist Gary Chang
14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Gary Chang has a hash of a7e724b7
14:47:07.878 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] getting hash for artist [u'Gary Clail', u'On-U Sound System']
14:47:07.878 T:7160   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::getCacheThumbName" must be unicode or str
14:47:07.893 T:7160   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::getCacheThumbName" must be unicode or str

This issue doesn't seem to be on one platform, as it crashes on a Raspberry Pi 3 (LibreELEC), Odroid C2 (LibreELEC), Vero 4K (OSMC) and under Windows 7.

Regards,
AF

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-06-07

(2018-06-07, 16:08)AnimalFat Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for creating and maintaining this add-on, I've been using it for several years now and just recently run into this problem.

When running the add-on in a clean install of Kodi 17.6, it fails during the creation of the hashes.  Going back through this topic, I added a line to default.py to show which artist it failed on.

Although I've switched on the 'replace illegal characters' option, it seems the script doesn't like the / character in an artist name whilst parsing and crashes when it reaches Gary Clail / On-U Sound System - all my music is tagged by MusicBrainz.

The log file shows this...
Code:

14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Gary Brooker has a hash of 459cae34
14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] getting hash for artist Gary Byrd & The G.B. Experience
14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Gary Byrd & The G.B. Experience has a hash of e32acc3a
14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] getting hash for artist Gary Chang
14:47:07.877 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Gary Chang has a hash of a7e724b7
14:47:07.878 T:7160   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] getting hash for artist [u'Gary Clail', u'On-U Sound System']
14:47:07.878 T:7160   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::getCacheThumbName" must be unicode or str
14:47:07.893 T:7160   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::getCacheThumbName" must be unicode or str

This issue doesn't seem to be on one platform, as it crashes on a Raspberry Pi 3 (LibreELEC), Odroid C2 (LibreELEC), Vero 4K (OSMC) and under Windows 7.

Regards,
AF
Could you post a link to the entire debug log?  There isn't enough there for me to know where to look.  Also, could you check to make sure you have the current version of AS from the main Kodi repo (it should be 2.1.2)?  I recently updated Kodi to remove all the artist hashes and use real names instead.  So the only place I hash anything now is when I merge images from multiple artists, and that only happens to the image path, not the artist name.  So the little log snippet you provided isn't making sense to me unless you're on an older version.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - AnimalFat - 2018-06-07

Hi,

This is definitely AS version 2.1.2 installed from the Kodi repo.

The full log can be found here.

Regards,
AF

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-06-08

(2018-06-07, 18:36)AnimalFat Wrote: Hi,

This is definitely AS version 2.1.2 installed from the Kodi repo.

The full log can be found here.

Regards,
AF
 Thanks.  That was very helpful.  I had forgotten that a new install of AS will run through the upgrade routine that changed the hashed artist folders to named ones (even though there's obviously nothing to upgrade).  I've never found a good way to tell the difference between a fresh install and one so old it's never been upgraded, so that's why the upgrade runs, and that's the thing that's generating all those hashes.  For some reason Kodi is returning one of you're artist names as a list rather than a string, and I have no idea why.  That's what's causing the error.  I'll see about trapping for that so that at least AS can continue running when it runs into that.  In the meantime, here's a workaround.  We're basically going to trick AS into thinking it's already done the upgrade.
  1. Go to your userdata/addon_data folder and find script.artistslideshow.
  2. Create a text file in that directory called migrationcheck.nfo and in that file put "2.1.0" (without the quotes).
  3. Create another text file called infocheck.nfo and put "true" in that file (without the quotes).
  4. Create a third text file called imagecheck.nfo and put "true" in that file (without the quotes).
Once you do that, restart Kodi and then try again.  That should bypass the problem code.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - AnimalFat - 2018-06-08

Hi,

Thank you for this.  I created the files as advised, relaunched Kodi and then triggered AS.  No errors. Brilliant!  Big Grin

I then tested it a bit further by playing some music and the slideshow worked as nature intended.

Thank you again.

Regards,
AF

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Blurayx - 2018-06-17

@pkscout
Artist slideshow 2.1.2

Artist slideshow displays the artist fanart but there are no images inside the extrafanart folder. I have tried numerous Kodi 18 fresh installs. installing/uninstalling Artist Slideshow. 
I have the same issues on my Nvidia shield TV & iMac. 

inside my extrafanart folder

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-06-17

(2018-06-17, 15:42)Blurayx Wrote: @pkscout
Artist slideshow 2.1.2

Artist slideshow displays the artist fanart but there are no images inside the extrafanart folder. I have tried numerous Kodi 18 fresh installs. installing/uninstalling Artist Slideshow. 

By default AS stores all downloaded images in a directory inside the addon's userdata folder.  If you want to store those in your local artist path, please check the AS wiki page (link in my signature) for the settings to adjust (specifically look at section 5.1).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Blurayx - 2018-06-17

(2018-06-17, 18:00)pkscout Wrote:
Artist slideshow 2.1.2

By default AS stores all downloaded images in a directory inside the addon's userdata folder.  If you want to store those in your local artist path, please check the AS wiki page (link in my signature) for the settings to adjust (specifically look at section 5.1). 
Hi pkscout,

Thanks for your help  Smile
Followed instructions, I'm still getting the same issue

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-06-18

(2018-06-17, 18:34)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-06-17, 18:00)pkscout Wrote:
Artist slideshow 2.1.2

Hi pkscout,

To help further I need a link to a full debug log (with Kodi and AS debug logging on).  Also, a screenshot of all the AS settings would help.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Blurayx - 2018-06-18

(2018-06-18, 00:12)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-06-17, 18:34)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-06-17, 18:00)pkscout Wrote: By default AS stores all downloaded images in a directory inside the addon's userdata folder.  If you want to store those in your local artist path, please check the AS wiki page (link in my signature) for the settings to adjust (specifically look at section 5.1).  
Hi pkscout,

To help further I need a link to a full debug log (with Kodi and AS debug logging on).  Also, a screenshot of all the AS settings would help.       
https://paste.kodi.tv/yoxokijoki
Screenshots from Nvidia shield TV

Image​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

If you need more screenshot settings please let me know

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-06-18

There doesn't seem to be anything in the log indicating ArtistSlideshow was invoked.  For most skins you have to play a song and go into the actual music visualization screen for it to run.  Could you do that and post another debug log?