Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-02-07

(2020-02-07, 15:20)meowmoo Wrote: AS is crashing for me when I play an Artist where all the info (nfos) is already stored (on my nas), when changing the Storage option for the info to the addon folder it works fine.

full log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/vavusacoxa.kodi 

I honestly can't even figure out how that error is being generated.  There's a file missing that the addon is expecting to be there, but I explicitly check to see if it exists before moving to the place where you are getting the crash.  If you're getting the error when trying to store the files on your NAS but not your local storage, I feel like it might be a permissions issue on the NAS.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2020-02-08

(2020-02-07, 22:03)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 15:20)meowmoo Wrote: AS is crashing for me when I play an Artist where all the info (nfos) is already stored (on my nas), when changing the Storage option for the info to the addon folder it works fine.

full log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/vavusacoxa.kodi 

I honestly can't even figure out how that error is being generated.  There's a file missing that the addon is expecting to be there, but I explicitly check to see if it exists before moving to the place where you are getting the crash.  If you're getting the error when trying to store the files on your NAS but not your local storage, I feel like it might be a permissions issue on the NAS.

If it's a permissions issue, wouldn't the files get written in first place?
Also im sure there are R/W permissions given.
Strange, I will reboot, recheck everything and see if I get it sorted

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - wags1 - 2020-02-23

(2020-01-07, 14:24)MB1968 Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 00:46)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 00:22)MB1968 Wrote: Here's the logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2pzqs6FyvY/

Let me know please if you find something that could cause the issue. Thanks in advance. 

It looks to me like you've turned on the override folder option and set it to /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/. That means AS will only show images in that exact directory (nothing below it). But it also looks like you've set the custom location for artist information to that same directory, which will create /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/ARTISTNAME/information to store the downloaded json files from the various services. So there's probably never any images in the directory you've set as the override folder.

You might want to take a little time and read through the AS wiki page (link in my signature) for the settings and then maybe set AS back to it's default and start clean. But basically the override option will show the same exact slideshow for every artist. It's mostly for if you have something like a slideshow of family images you want to show with music in the background. If you want artist images downloaded you need to make sure the override option is OFF and turn on at least one of the artist fanart services in the IMAGES tabs of the settings. You can let AS store everything in the addon_data folder or change to a custom location if you really want to.
Thanks for helping me setting up ASS correctly. I'm still experiencing some small issues and have reported them to the developer of the AeonMQ7 Leia (@latts9923). I'll wait patiently for the next skin update to see if it will solve the following issues:
1. The fallback slide show does not start. The randomly named images for the fallback slideshow are located in a subfolder. Can ASS handle with this scenario?
2. The artist slideshow only starts, when extrafanart is enabled in the skin menu. If I remember correctly, the artist slideshow in ASS version 2.xx also worked fine just with having default fanart enabled in the skin.

Cheers

Sorry to hijack this old comment but I’m using the same skin mod and I still can’t get the fallback slideshow to work the way it used to. Is this something that latts needs to fix?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2020-02-23

In order to minimise the size of my Kodi/.kodi folder when I store a backup or, transfer my build from my laptop to my android box, which folders/files am I able to remove from the Artist Slideshow folders without affecting addon/settings?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-23, 10:18)Jeffers24 Wrote: In order to minimise the size of my Kodi/.kodi folder when I store a backup or, transfer my build from my laptop to my android box, which folders/files am I able to remove from the Artist Slideshow folders without affecting addon/settings?
That kind of depends.  If you're not using any images you downloaded from other sources (manually or using some other addon), then you could probably remove everything except the settings.xml file which is in userdata/script.artistslideshow.  AS will then download images again as needed.  If you have downloaded images from other sources, there probably isn't much of anything you can remove safely.

Please, please, please validate this before excluding a bunch of stuff from your backups though.  I've not done any testing on how much stuff you can remove from AS storage before you notice.  Drives are so cheap I've always used the "backup everything, sort it out later" method.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2020-02-24

(2020-02-23, 19:03)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 10:18)Jeffers24 Wrote: In order to minimise the size of my Kodi/.kodi folder when I store a backup or, transfer my build from my laptop to my android box, which folders/files am I able to remove from the Artist Slideshow folders without affecting addon/settings?
That kind of depends.  If you're not using any images you downloaded from other sources (manually or using some other addon), then you could probably remove everything except the settings.xml file which is in userdata/script.artistslideshow.  AS will then download images again as needed.  If you have downloaded images from other sources, there probably isn't much of anything you can remove safely.

Please, please, please validate this before excluding a bunch of stuff from your backups though.  I've not done any testing on how much stuff you can remove from AS storage before you notice.  Drives are so cheap I've always used the "backup everything, sort it out later" method. 
I don't have any external memory on my android box so I need to be careful with memory.

I deleted the two folders in the pics below 'ArtistInformation' and 'AtistSlideshow', as you can see on my laptop test system the ASS folder was around 147MB with these two folders using almost all of the 147MB. After deleting the files and restarting the Radio addon the artist art came back without problem, it was also very quick.

When I checked my android box the ASS folder was over 500MB. I have set maximum storage used to 512 MB and that is working well for me. I am guessing without setting a limit ASS may use all my available memory.

Thanks again for a great addon, really makes listening to radio channel or my ripped cds a much better experience.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-02-24

(2020-02-24, 09:19)Jeffers24 Wrote: When I checked my android box the ASS folder was over 500MB. I have set maximum storage used to 512 MB and that is working well for me. I am guessing without setting a limit ASS may use all my available memory.

Yes.  AS will just keep increasing it's space usage forever unless you set a limit on the cache size, and I'm glad restricting it is helping out.  The artwork can definitely get large if you listen to radio stations, as it's often one new artist after another.  I mostly listen to my music library, so AS got to a certain point and then mostly stopped growing.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - PantsOnFire - 2020-03-21

At the small risk of coming off like a pest (I'm a tech support engineer so I know full well what it's like when ppl chuck problems your way!)

I will have more time to research the problem soon, but just as a quick entrée,. I have just updated Kodi (xbone) to 18.6, AS is ver 3.2.1, using skin: Eminence2Mod (I am completely in the dark as to where I downloaded this skin from but iirc it was probably a repo, then grabbed the skin from there).

So, the ARTIST SLIDESHOW UPDATE ALERT message is presen. Rather not change the skin (some a lot of customisation by now) but if I have to I will.

Which skins for me will work okay with AS right now please?

Stay safe all.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-03-21

(2020-03-21, 18:19)PantsOnFire Wrote: At the small risk of coming off like a pest (I'm a tech support engineer so I know full well what it's like when ppl chuck problems your way!)

I will have more time to research the problem soon, but just as a quick entrée,. I have just updated Kodi (xbone) to 18.6, AS is ver 3.2.1, using skin: Eminence2Mod (I am completely in the dark as to where I downloaded this skin from but iirc it was probably a repo, then grabbed the skin from there).

So, the ARTIST SLIDESHOW UPDATE ALERT message is presen. Rather not change the skin (some a lot of customisation by now) but if I have to I will.

Which skins for me will work okay with AS right now please?

Stay safe all.
You can grab a copy of AS 2.x from here:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/download/script.artistslideshow/script.artistslideshow-2.1.5.zip

You'll have to uninstall AS 3.x and probably delete the settings.xml file, install 2.x from the zip, and then set it not to update.

There's also a thread for that mod, although I see someone posted asking about AS 3.x support a month ago with no reply:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307568&page=115

You can also fix this yourself.  I downloaded the 3.04 version of this mod, and here's what you need to do:

1- open 16x9/MusicVisualization.xml

2- Starting at line 25 find:

xml:

<control type="multiimage">
    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
    <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
    <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <loop>yes</loop>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>          
    <visible>Skin.String(MusicVisualisation, artistslideshow)</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="65" time="0" condition="Skin.HasSetting(OSDVisualisation.ShowFanart)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="10000" tween="sine" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(ArtistSlideshow.Animate)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="-30,-30" end="30,30" time="6000" tween="sine" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(ArtistSlideshow.Animate)">Conditional</animation>
</control>

and replace it with:

xml:

<control type="image">
    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
    <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="65" time="0" condition="Skin.HasSetting(OSDVisualisation.ShowFanart)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="10000" tween="sine" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(ArtistSlideshow.Animate)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="-30,-30" end="30,30" time="6000" tween="sine" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(ArtistSlideshow.Animate)">Conditional</animation>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)]</texture>
    <visible>Skin.String(MusicVisualisation, artistslideshow)</visible>
</control>

I think that will do it.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - PantsOnFire - 2020-03-22

Hi pk,

I remember the trick of reverting to a 2.x version before. Unfortunately I couldn't get it working in my previous build (18.4 Kodi). Blind faith made me think, hey maybe 18.6 would help. So yeah, I installed AS 3.X, looked for Settings.xml files in the install, deleted all of them but that may have been overkill.

I then put 2.x on from your link, set to NOT auto-update, but the problem remained. I went a thorough as I could with my nuke and destroy Settings.xml rampage, but in the process I seem to have walloped my Eminence install..

When I browse to Settings now in Eminence, I have a completely black screen! No UI at all! It hasn't crashed at all... I can still back out to Home screen, but I therefore also cannot switch out to another skin like I need to!

It's proper buggered I think may have to reinstall Kodi from scratch at this point.

Regarding your other idea, downloading the 3.0.x version for use with Eminence mod. It was a bit of a sh*tshow unfortunately end from bad to worse, because the Kodi UI doesn't really show (from the add-ons -> my add-ons page) which exact version of eminence you've got installed. I looked around the for manager a bit but I had multiple versions of eminence 2 installed (1 or2 I had gambled to try them just in case they worked--- even though it was thought that they may not work yet with 18.4 (at the time)).

Without looking through that entire thread you linked, I just grabbed the zip from the initial post (for AS 3.0.X), but the problem still remained. So yeah... I'm in the dark. I've buggered it I think!

If I do start from scratch with 18.6, would you say my best best is to go with AS 2.1.5 then?

Thanks for reading my war story Undecided

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - gibxxi - 2020-03-22

(2020-03-22, 15:15)PantsOnFire Wrote: Hi pk,

I remember the trick of reverting to a 2.x version before. Unfortunately I couldn't get it working in my previous build (18.4 Kodi). Blind faith made me think, hey maybe 18.6 would help. So yeah, I installed AS 3.X, looked for Settings.xml files in the install, deleted all of them but that may have been overkill.

I then put 2.x on from your link, set to NOT auto-update, but the problem remained. I went a thorough as I could with my nuke and destroy Settings.xml rampage, but in the process I seem to have walloped my Eminence install..

When I browse to Settings now in Eminence, I have a completely black screen! No UI at all! It hasn't crashed at all... I can still back out to Home screen, but I therefore also cannot switch out to another skin like I need to!

It's proper buggered I think may have to reinstall Kodi from scratch at this point.

Regarding your other idea, downloading the 3.0.x version for use with Eminence mod. It was a bit of a sh*tshow unfortunately end from bad to worse, because the Kodi UI doesn't really show (from the add-ons -> my add-ons page) which exact version of eminence you've got installed. I looked around the for manager a bit but I had multiple versions of eminence 2 installed (1 or2 I had gambled to try them just in case they worked--- even though it was thought that they may not work yet with 18.4 (at the time)).

Without looking through that entire thread you linked, I just grabbed the zip from the initial post (for AS 3.0.X), but the problem still remained. So yeah... I'm in the dark. I've buggered it I think!

If I do start from scratch with 18.6, would you say my best best is to go with AS 2.1.5 then?

Thanks for reading my war story Undecided

Re-installing Kodi won't fix 3rd party add-ons since they aren't touched in either an uninstall or a re-install. You could try re-installing Eminence over the top of the currently installed version, since, again, the settings are kept in a seperate folder. Alternatively simply cut & paste the skin directory / folder out from the add-ons folder to somewhere else termporarily, start Kodi, and it will start with the default skin, since it won't be able to find the one you have set-up in your guisettings.xml file. Also, you can simply go into that file, with something like notepad++, and change the setting (search for "Eminence" and replace it with "Estuary" and re-save the file) then re-start Kodi. Once you restore the folder, after testing, Kodi will probably think the restored Eminence is a manually added folder / add-on, so you may need to re-enable it via the add-ons manager, prior to being able to select it as your skin of choice (YMMV).

Re-installing Kodi is only warranted it there's something wrong with, or corrupt with the core install. If your 3rd-party add-ons (i.e: anything NOT bundled with the Kodi installer), start acting up, better to isolate / remove the problem add-on from the appdata folder (or portable_data if running in portable mode) first, otherwise your generating unnecessary work for yourself (IMHO) which in 90% of cases, won't fix the issue anyway.

Smile

Dan / Gib.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - PantsOnFire - 2020-03-23

Editing the guisettingd.xml file - ok nice idea, I never knew that was possible (to quick swap it selected skin).

-- move folder method:. In times past, I've done this, however, my File Manager UI was also botched and I couldn't see my files if I tried.

Accessing the Xbox one Kodi files remotely seems.. more locked down than in other platforms (correct me if I'm wrong), which restricted me pushing and pulling files to it to an extent. Eg--. Similar but not the same: I have a usb stick in the Xbox, I used it to display backgrounds in the Kodi UI. I was doing a bit of backup to the usb the other day. (Some files I had stored in the userdata folder in my Xbox Kodi) -- and, using the file manager in Kodi, I could create new folders on the stick, but not copy any files to it? I found that strange.

But in any event, it's done now, I've got a new 18.6 install, I've got Eminence2Mod installed.

I've downloaded AS 2.1.5 , but now, bizarrely, it's not even showing up in:
Settings->Player->Music->Visualisation

So now it's even stranger! :-O

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-03-23

(2020-03-23, 17:27)PantsOnFire Wrote: I've downloaded AS 2.1.5 , but now, bizarrely, it's not even showing up in:

Artist Slideshow is not a visualization.  it is really a skin helper addon that provides a path to a folder (if you're using 2.x) or image (if you're using 3.x) that the skin then displays.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - gibxxi - 2020-03-24

(2020-03-23, 17:27)PantsOnFire Wrote: Editing the guisettingd.xml file - ok nice idea, I never knew that was possible (to quick swap it selected skin).

-- move folder method:. In times past, I've done this, however, my File Manager UI was also botched and I couldn't see my files if I tried.

Accessing the Xbox one Kodi files remotely seems.. more locked down than in other platforms (correct me if I'm wrong), which restricted me pushing and pulling files to it to an extent. Eg--. Similar but not the same: I have a usb stick in the Xbox, I used it to display backgrounds in the Kodi UI. I was doing a bit of backup to the usb the other day. (Some files I had stored in the userdata folder in my Xbox Kodi) -- and, using the file manager in Kodi, I could create new folders on the stick, but not copy any files to it? I found that strange.

But in any event, it's done now, I've got a new 18.6 install, I've got Eminence2Mod installed.

I've downloaded AS 2.1.5 , but now, bizarrely, it's not even showing up in:

That might be down to access rights / ownership permissions of the USB stick being set to the user account you set the stick up with on your PC which the Xbox won't have any clue about, especially if it was done with a "local" account, rather than a Microsoft account. So the Xbox may not have write access. Then again, it might be down to drive partition type / formatting. It is possible to format USB sticks as NTFS drives which will also support advanced NTFS capabilities (including permissions), but I think it's better to keep USB sticks as FAT32 for cross-compatibility (from my own experiences) between differing systems / OS types unless you have a compelling reason to do otherwise.

I don't "do" consoles (can't get on with handheld game controllers), so can't advise as to any potential issues on the Xbox, Sorry.

Smile

Dan / Gib.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - PantsOnFire - 2020-04-01

(2020-03-23, 20:07)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-03-23, 17:27)PantsOnFire Wrote: I've downloaded AS 2.1.5 , but now, bizarrely, it's not even showing up in:

Artist Slideshow is not a visualization.  it is really a skin helper addon that provides a path to a folder (if you're using 2.x) or image (if you're using 3.x) that the skin then displays.

Sorry, my mistake. I forget that it's a program Add-on.

It's there somewhere I can check skin compatibility pk? As I'm still having issues. Now using:

* AS 3.2.1.
* Eminence2Mod 3.0.4

The backdrop is showing the ARTIST SLIDESHOW UPDATE ALERT warning.

Is it still true then at the point, that this Eminence2Mod 3.04 hasn't been updated to work with AS 3.2.1 yet?

Anyone out there use Eminence2Mod and AS with a working combination at all?
In my testing, with Leia 18.6 I can only get it working successfully with the default Estuary skin.