Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Longtime Collector - 2023-11-09

Thx. I never noticed that setting before.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Caesarius - 2023-12-12

Hi,
Suddenly the artist slideshow add-on stopped working on my Kodi 19 Matrix (Estuary skin).
So I installed version 20.2 (Nexus with the default Estuary skin) but the same error comes up. The same happened with the lyrics add-on as well.
It tells me please check the log file but I don't see that file anywhere.
Any help would be much appreciated.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2023-12-13

(2023-12-12, 21:57)Caesarius Wrote: Hi,
Suddenly the artist slideshow add-on stopped working on my Kodi 19 Matrix (Estuary skin).
So I installed version 20.2 (Nexus with the default Estuary skin) but the same error comes up. The same happened with the lyrics add-on as well.
It tells me please check the log file but I don't see that file anywhere.
Any help would be much appreciated.
You're going to have to find the log file.  Where it is depends on the platform on which you are running Kodi.  There's nothing I can do without it.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2023-12-13

Which log does he need to find?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2023-12-13

(2023-12-13, 07:45)Jeffers24 Wrote: Which log does he need to find?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Caesarius - 2023-12-14

Hi,

I have Kodi installed on my QNAP TS-451 NAS.
I looked through the NAS file system through my browser interface, but could not find the KODI folder or anything related to it.
DO I have to use Telnet or some third party programm?
Thanks again for any help.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - wags1 - 2023-12-14

(2023-12-14, 16:31)Caesarius Wrote: Hi,

I have Kodi installed on my QNAP TS-451 NAS.
I looked through the NAS file system through my browser interface, but could not find the KODI folder or anything related to it.
DO I have to use Telnet or some third party programm?
Thanks again for any help.
Try installing and using the Kodi log file uploader addon referenced at the bottom of the wiki page pkscout referenced in his post above.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Caesarius - 2023-12-14

Hi,

Here is the problem (and part fix).
https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?p=856039#p856039
Thanks.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2024-01-03

Hi @pkscout.

I just installed Kodi v21 Beta 2 on a Firestick 4K Max today and when setting up the AS I can no longer set to replace special characters with no character. In all my previous installations I could set the replacement character to no character (e.g. AC/DC becomes ACDC).

I am using Aeon Nox Silvo so not sure if it’s the skin that rejects an empty text box in the AS setup or whether it’s AS. Can you please shed some light?

THX

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2024-01-03

(2024-01-03, 09:51)HomerJau Wrote: Hi @pkscout.

I just installed Kodi v21 Beta 2 on a Firestick 4K Max today and when setting up the AS I can no longer set to replace special characters with no character. In all my previous installations I could set the replacement character to no character (e.g. AC/DC becomes ACDC).

I am using Aeon Nox Silvo so not sure if it’s the skin that rejects an empty text box in the AS setup or whether it’s AS. Can you please shed some light?

THX
It looks like in V21 the default behavior for settings might have changed.  You have to now specifically say empty values are allowed, but in previous versions that wasn't true.  I'll need to push out an AS update to fix that.  In the meantime, if you go into the addon and look for resources/settings.xml, you can add the following after line 545:
xml:
<constraints>
  <allowempty>true</allowempty>
</constraints>

That should fix it.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2024-01-03

Excellent. Thank you!!

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Chalklands - 2024-01-04

Hi,
Are there any settings in AS to allow for the slideshow to show artwork by album and not artist? Thinking of a slideshow for an album when playing showing artwork specifically for that album (probably locally saved artwork) - Album cover, discart etc?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2024-01-05

(2024-01-04, 22:55)Chalklands Wrote: Hi,
Are there any settings in AS to allow for the slideshow to show artwork by album and not artist? Thinking of a slideshow for an album when playing showing artwork specifically for that album (probably locally saved artwork) - Album cover, discart etc?
Sorry, no.  It's kind of called ArtistSlideshow for a reason.  '-)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2024-01-05

In Kodi you can specify album art.
This is how I have my artist folders set up:-

When playing it looks like this:-

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2024-01-05

I also have an album image in each album folder:-