Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2013-05-16

Hmmm. I don't think it's a permissions issue. I have a higher permission level on this PC than on my main XBMC system. The only add-ons are ones that install automatically when Artist Slideshow is installed, plus the XBMC log uploader. and a few skins. The media drives have virtually no restrictions. Originally it was a fresh install (that's when I first posted). It didn't work them. I installed Frodo over it, but it still didn't work. I deinstalled everything, but maybe I didn't find a piece of Frodo left over. I'll try installing it on a fresh PC that has never seen XBMC in any flavor.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - jona_p - 2013-05-21

Hi,

I am having some problems to get artist information. Almost all my albums got the same artist info and art.Tried to change scrapper and make a "query info for all artists" but got the same result. When I make a refresh, the query seems to complete normally but the artwork and information keeps wrong.
Please find the logs and a screenshot.

This is happening since I bought another disk drive (different than OS and XBMC installation one) and started adding music on it...

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=20959

thanks,

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-05-21

(2013-05-21, 06:10)jona_p Wrote: I am having some problems to get artist information. Almost all my albums got the same artist info and art.Tried to change scrapper and make a "query info for all artists" but got the same result. When I make a refresh, the query seems to complete normally but the artwork and information keeps wrong.
Please find the logs and a screenshot.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=20959

There is nothing in that log snippet about ArtistSlideshow, but you do have some SQL errors about a missing database and some texture manager errors when trying to load stuff from D:\ With the information you provided it looks to me like you have a more significant issue. You may want to post your issue in the Windows support forum.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-05-22

Hi

Another crash when starting playback of a movie trailer whilst I had music playing. Often happens either when stopping playback first or just starting playback of something else.

Code:
11:32:05 T:140678474483456   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'artist' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 782, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 139, in __init__
                                                if set( self.ALLARTISTS ) <> set( self._get_current_artist() ):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 496, in _get_current_artist
                                                response = xbmc.Player().getMusicInfoTag().getTitle()[0:(artist.find('-'))-1]
                                            NameError: global name 'artist' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:32:05 T:140678474483456    INFO: Python script stopped

Full log file:

http://pastelink.me/dl/ef10cc

Many thanks Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pacooka - 2013-05-22

Where can I download a former/old release of the Artist Slideshow add-on ?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-05-22

Here is another one, I just pressed stop on the remote control aka Keyboard shortcut: X

http://pastelink.me/dl/a2656d

Code:
12:45:39 T:139759963854592   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('result',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 782, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 139, in __init__
                                                if set( self.ALLARTISTS ) <> set( self._get_current_artist() ):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 493, in _get_current_artist
                                                artists = json.loads(response)['result']['item']['artist']
                                            KeyError: ('result',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:45:39 T:139760645752704   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
12:45:39 T:139759963854592    INFO: Python script stopped

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - rubpa - 2013-05-23

Hello! I need the custom itemseparator support because my files use "/" as separator and not " / ". I see that 1.5.1 beta supports it but is apparently not released. Do you plan to release it soon?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-05-25

(2013-05-22, 13:42)pacooka Wrote: Where can I download a former/old release of the Artist Slideshow add-on ?

I don't think you can. I used github for the code repo, and you *might* be able to go through all my commits and download an older one, but I don't keep archives of the old versions, so there's no telling what you'll get if you do that.

Why do you need an older version?

(2013-05-23, 18:38)rubpa Wrote: Hello! I need the custom itemseparator support because my files use "/" as separator and not " / ". I see that 1.5.1 beta supports it but is apparently not released. Do you plan to release it soon?

I don't have a schedule for release. I'm kind of in a "life happens" time (moving, new job, etc). And there are some outstanding bugs with 1.5.1 I definitely have to resolve before it moves forward. I'd say it'll be at least another month before 1.5.2 (I use even numbers for actual releases and odds for the betas) is released.

You can try the beta if you'd like. It's at:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

The two issues of which I know:

1- the unicode support for international characters is iffy in some instances
2- sometimes the new way of parsing the artists causes AS to think there is nothing playing and/or crashes AS

In both cases the end result is that after those problems occur your artist pictures don't update when you change artists. So it's not like it crashes XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pacooka - 2013-05-25

(2013-05-25, 01:20)pkscuot Wrote: [quote='pacooka' pid='1426815' dateline='1369222938']

I don't think you can. I used github for the code repo, and you *might* be able to go through all my commits and download an older one, but I don't keep archives of the old versions, so there's no telling what you'll get if you do that.

----

Need an older version due to the unicode support issue...

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-05-25

(2013-05-25, 17:05)pacooka Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 01:20)pkscuot Wrote: [quote='pacooka' pid='1426815' dateline='1369222938']

----

The shipping 1.5.0 is about the best Unicode support there is right now for Artist Slideshow. Older versions are probably even worse. If you installed the beta, just delete it and then grab 1.5.0 from the main XBMC repo.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pacooka - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-25, 17:17)pkscuot Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 17:05)pacooka Wrote:

----

The shipping 1.5.0 is about the best Unicode support there is right now for Artist Slideshow. Older versions are probably even worse. If you installed the beta, just delete it and then grab 1.5.0 from the main XBMC repo.

Thank you, installed 1.5.0 instead of 1.5.1, works great!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - rubpa - 2013-05-30

(2013-05-25, 01:20)pkscuot Wrote: I don't have a schedule for release. I'm kind of in a "life happens" time (moving, new job, etc). And there are some outstanding bugs with 1.5.1 I definitely have to resolve before it moves forward. I'd say it'll be at least another month before 1.5.2 (I use even numbers for actual releases and odds for the betas) is released.

You can try the beta if you'd like. It's at:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

Thanks! I tried this release and here is my observation:
  • With a tag like "artist1 / artist2", both 1.5.0 & 1.5.1 show slideshow of artist1 only.
  • With a tag like "artist3/artist4", 1.5.0 shows nothing where as 1.5.1 shows slideshow of artist3.

In both cases artist2 or artist4 photos do not appear. Is it a known problem?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - yhwman - 2013-06-03

I've just discovered the joys of the transparency skin and artist slideshow. It's the XBMC visualisation I always dreamed of!

Anyway, I've just spent a confusing evening playing with Artist Slideshow and obscure artists that have local extrafanart (actually a photo of my dad for testing purposes rather than actual fanart) but none available online and I've found a small bug. Long story short, on line 532 of default.py, if extrafanart contains "filename.JPG" rather than "filename.jpg" (i.e. the extension is in upper case) then the script doesn't find it.

Thanks for the add-on and sorry if this is the wrong place to put bug reports Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - yhwman - 2013-06-03

A question has popped into my head after further playing with artist slideshow. Selecting a priority of "both" according to the wiki

Quote:will check for local images first. if they exist the downloaded images will be placed in the same directory as the local images. if not remote images will be stored in normal cache dir.

What's the reason for not populating extrafanart if there's not at least 1 image in there already? It seems to me this add-on could be an excellent way of filling in extrafanart gaps.

I know I can write a short script to pop a blank.jpg in an extrafanart folder for every artist that doesn't have one (and at some point work out when I can remove blank.jpg - when other jpgs exist in extrafanart I guess), it just seems like it would be a nice feature/option to have in the add-on itself.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-03, 00:24)yhwman Wrote: Thanks for the add-on and sorry if this is the wrong place to put bug reports Smile

This is as good a place as any. I've added it to the issues list, and I'll try and get the fix into the next release.

(2013-06-03, 01:00)yhwman Wrote: A question has popped into my head after further playing with artist slideshow. Selecting a priority of "both" according to the wiki

Quote:will check for local images first. if they exist the downloaded images will be placed in the same directory as the local images. if not remote images will be stored in normal cache dir.

What's the reason for not populating extrafanart if there's not at least 1 image in there already? It seems to me this add-on could be an excellent way of filling in extrafanart gaps.

This add-on was never meant to be an artwork downloader. There are add-ons (like one called Artwork Downloader) available if you want to collect and download artwork. On a more technical level, items downloaded to the local images directory are excluded from the cache manager (meaning they will never be deleted). I really don't want to stick lots of stuff in a place that I'm not managing for space, so that's why if no existing local images are found the images get stored in the default location. Also, stuff in the default location is stored using hashes of the artist name. I didn't want those polluting someone's artist directory, and I didn't want to have to deal with creating directories with special characters that the various file systems don't allow.