Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - leftywhat - 2013-11-04

(2013-10-30, 14:57)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Can anyone confirm if Artist SlideShow add-on is working with Aeon MQ5 ? I am just getting a black box and no images.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174501&pid=1539139#pid1539139

Thanks

I am having the same issue.
I've just re-formatted my PC today (Monday) and installed XBMC etc, but I can't get any images to show when music is playing, doesn't seem to get any photos.

Weird thing is I installed MQ5, Saturday night on a different computer (my main PC), and is grabbing the photos fine.

I don't know whats the problem, I don't get it, but it doesn't seem to be working, on this PC anyway.

Ideas?

Edit: Seems partially working, as in maybe 1 out of 7 songs might decide to work, but sometimes only grabbing one image, yet same song (same music file) on my main PC has more than 1 image? Hrm I don't get it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-11-04

I got the Artist SlideShow working with Aeon MQ5 by going in to the Artist SlideShow add-on settings and I set it to use local and remote arts, and set the path for my music folder on my server.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - capfuturo - 2013-11-06

Good afternoon pkscuot,

Hope you are doing fine.

Under the Artists information screen the columns listing 'similar artists' and 'artist's albums' appear with the same label (Similar Artists), when actually only the left column lists the similar artists and the right column the artist albums (for the artist being played).

Can this be corrected somehow?

System: XBMC-13.0 Gotham Alpha 9 for OS X 10.9 Mavericks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-11-06

(2013-11-06, 15:55)capfuturo Wrote: Under the Artists information screen the columns listing 'similar artists' and 'artist's albums' appear with the same label (Similar Artists), when actually only the left column lists the similar artists and the right column the artist albums (for the artist being played).

Can this be corrected somehow?

That's a skin issue and needs to be addressed with the skin developer. AS gathers the information and places it in info labels that skins can use to display stuff, but AS has no control over how it's displayed.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Martijn - 2013-11-07

@pkscout
Please check your mail as i can not update your addon

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tuareg - 2013-11-07

Hi Cw-kid !! May I request u to tell me your configuration settings for Artist slideshow in MQ 5. I have also getting a blackbox behind the spining disc. Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tuareg - 2013-11-08

For those getting a black box instead of artist slideshow with MQ5, I think it is solved. I was getting the same problem on two HTPC's. It was caused by version 1.5.7. which is the latest version of this add-on. On rolling it back to 1.5.4 everything became fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-11-08

(2013-11-07, 14:03)tuareg Wrote: Hi Cw-kid !! May I request u to tell me your configuration settings for Artist slideshow in MQ 5. I have also getting a blackbox behind the spining disc. Thanks

In the Artist SlideShow add-on settings.

SlideShow ->

"Local Artist Folder" - I set the path to the music folder on my file server e.g. SMB;//SERVER/MUSIC/
"Image Priority" -> Use both Local and Remote Images

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174501&pid=1540558#pid1540558

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-11-08

(2013-11-08, 11:43)tuareg Wrote: For those getting a black box instead of artist slideshow with MQ5, I think it is solved. I was getting the same problem on two HTPC's. It was caused by version 1.5.7. which is the latest version of this add-on. On rolling it back to 1.5.4 everything became fine.

I am using the latest version 1.5.7 with MQ5.

An unrelated issue to Aeon MQ5 as I have this problem in MQ4 as well, with this particular artists GRIMES, I have noticed that on the SlideShow its also picked up the photo of a man playing an instrument, who is another artist I assume, not Grimes the Canadian chick.. Any ideas why and how to fix it?

Thanks

It looks like its picking up the guy with the instrument "Henry Grimes" from HTBackdrops I can see the same image on this page here

Also I am not totally convinced that the Artist SlideShow is using local artist fanarts? Even though I have set it to use both local and remote and set the path to my music folder. For example with this Grimes artist CDArtManager only downloaded two fanarts.

CDArtManager

Grimes artist folder on the file server.

Above you can see the two fanarts that CDArtManager downloaded, however I also manually downloaded two extra fanart images, called fanart1.jpg and fanart2.jpg these do not appear in the Artist SlideShow in XBMC, should they appear in the SlideShow ?

They do however appear as background fanarts on the main Music Menu, thanks to Artwork Organiser add-on.

Thanks

Here are screen shots of the Artist SlideShow settings as in MQ5 on this test machine:

Thanks

Hi

It looks like its picking up the guy with the instrument "Henry Grimes" from HTBackdrops I can see the same image on this page here

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tuareg - 2013-11-08

On both my HTPC's Artist slideshow was perfect with MQ4 and also worked fine with MQ5 till I updated the Artist slideshow addon to 1.5.7. I rolled back the addon to 1.5.4 and artist slideshow is fine again in MQ5. The problem thus to my understanding is not with MQ5 but with the 1.5.7 update of the artist slideshow addon.

(2013-11-08, 13:01)tuareg Wrote: On both my HTPC's Artist slideshow was perfect with MQ4 and also worked fine with MQ5 till I updated the Artist slideshow addon to 1.5.7. I rolled back the addon to 1.5.4 and artist slideshow is fine again in MQ5. The problem thus to my understanding is not with MQ5 but with the 1.5.7 update of the artist slideshow addon.

I can't comment on that, Artist SlideShow 1.5.7 appears to be working on MQ5 on my Windows 7 laptop here with the settings I just posted above. I have not installed MQ5 skin yet on to my Linux HTPC's around the house.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Bullsboy - 2013-11-09

1.5.7 is not working on my Raspberry Pi or iPad. I get script error the first time it tries to download art then just the black box