Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-20, 19:58)pngaudioguy Wrote: Which leads to my one question, that I believe is actually not related to your script but perhaps you'll know. Apparently all the images your script downloads are also getting stored in my /home/user/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails folder. The hashes that XBMC uses are slightly different, and the folder structure is completely useless - seriously?!? a hex based root folder structure from 0-f? Uh, good luck finding a picture that is miscategorized! Anyway, the question is - do you (or any of the others on here) know how to keep XBMC from stashing an extra copy of the artwork that's getting downloaded? I really only need to store one copy...

Look for Artist Slideshow Helper in the official repo. It will create a text file that tells you the hash name for each artist in your library. After you install it, go to the settings, enable the hash mapping, select a location for the file, and run the addon.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pngaudioguy - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-20, 20:20)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-01-20, 19:58)pngaudioguy Wrote: Which leads to my one question, that I believe is actually not related to your script but perhaps you'll know. Apparently all the images your script downloads are also getting stored in my /home/user/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails folder. The hashes that XBMC uses are slightly different, and the folder structure is completely useless - seriously?!? a hex based root folder structure from 0-f? Uh, good luck finding a picture that is miscategorized! Anyway, the question is - do you (or any of the others on here) know how to keep XBMC from stashing an extra copy of the artwork that's getting downloaded? I really only need to store one copy...

Look for Artist Slideshow Helper in the official repo. It will create a text file that tells you the hash name for each artist in your library. After you install it, go to the settings, enable the hash mapping, select a location for the file, and run the addon.

Thanks for the super quick reply. That's what I was referring to as "AS Helper" in my first post. It does a fabulous job of moving all the hashed files from /home/user/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow/xxxxxxx into the folder I wanted them in, complete with artist/extrafanart subfolder layout. Works perfectly, but I noticed that even after running it, the thumbnails still exist in the previously mentioned "Thumbnails" folder, which is unrelated to Artist Slideshow as far as I can tell, since XBMC throws a bunch of junk in there.

To be clear, Artist Slideshow Helper does exactly what you describe, and does it well. Thank you!

Sending you a PM with a logfile that will hopefully help out with Gotham compatibility stuff.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-01-25

NEW BETA AVAILABLE

This is somewhat minor, but I finished converting all of the URL calls over to the requests module style. It looks like all the URL calls are working correctly, but a few more people testing wouldn't hurt.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

Unless something really strange comes up during testing, this code will be the 1.6.0 release. 1.6.0 will also probably be the last feature release for Frodo, as I'm expecting to start testing on Gotham pretty soon (i.e. I think the Gotham beta will be out soon).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2014-01-31

Hi

I just installed version 1.5.9.6 no issues so far will let you know if there are any.

"I've completely rewritten the code that does the download of all the data"

So there have been major changes made then, to how the nuts and bolts all work inside the add-on ?

Many Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2014-01-31

Hi

I just played the artist "The Smiths" and noticed there are some strange text characters in the similar artists area.

Looking in the Userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\d11af12e folder and looking at the lastfmartistsimilar.nfo file, I can see the same characters in there. so maybe its just something coming from Last.FM for this particular artist?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<lfm status="ok">
<similarartists artist="The+Smiths">
<artist>
    <name>ɱÊÖÀÖÍÅ</name>
            <mbid></mbid>
        <match>1</match>
    <url>www.last.fm/music/%C3%89%C2%B1%C3%8A%C3%96%C3%80%C3%96%C3%8D%C3%85</url>
    <image size="small"></image>
    <image size="medium"></image>
    <image size="large"></image>
    <image size="extralarge"></image>
    <image size="mega"></image>
    <streamable>0</streamable>
        </artist>
<artist>
    <name>¿ìÀÖ·ÖÁÑ(Joy Division)</name>
            <mbid></mbid>
        <match>0.769289</match>
    <url>www.last.fm/music/%C2%BF%C3%AC%C3%80%C3%96%C2%B7%C3%96%C3%81%C3%91(Joy+Division)</url>
        </artist>
<artist>
    <name>Arctic+Monkeys</name>
            <mbid></mbid>
        <match>0.731472</match>
    <url>www.last.fm/music/Arctic%252BMonkeys</url>
        </artist>
</similarartists></lfm>

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-02-01

(2014-01-31, 15:51)cw-kid Wrote: So there have been major changes made then, to how the nuts and bolts all work inside the add-on ?

I'd categorize them as somewhat major. Just short of actually being major changes. I stripped out all the functions that used urllib or urllib2 and started using requests instead. The requests module seems easier to use and provides better feedback (from what I can tell).

(2014-01-31, 16:19)cw-kid Wrote: I just played the artist "The Smiths" and noticed there are some strange text characters in the similar artists area.

Looking in the Userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\d11af12e folder and looking at the lastfmartistsimilar.nfo file, I can see the same characters in there. so maybe its just something coming from Last.FM for this particular artist?

Looks like it. When I access Last.fm in my browser using this url:
Code:
http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?autocorrect=1&api_key=afe7e856e4f4089fc90f841980ea1ada&method=artist.getSimilar&artist=The%2BSmiths

I get that same garble of artist information back. That's the exact URL Artist Slideshow would use to find the similar artists to The Smiths, so I can only assume that there is something funky going on at Last.fm with regards to their API stuff. If you go to The Smiths at the "normal" Last.fm page and check out the similar artists, a rather normal looking list is returned.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - lpop - 2014-02-01

Hello,
i use Frodo 12.3 with the default Confluence Skin on Windows 7. I have installed the current Version of Artist SlideShow.
I used the method 2 from the WIKI with Creation of a Custom Skin skin.confluence.mod and just copied the two files into this folder: MusicVisualisation.xml and MusicOSD.xml.
Artist Slideshow is working for local mp3, but I see nothing when i stream music over the internet. I can see the artist name but no picture will be displayed. Is the Artist Slide Show working with streaming music at all ?

Regards Lpop

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-01, 12:24)lpop Wrote: Hello,
i use Frodo 12.3 with the default Confluence Skin on Windows 7. I have installed the current Version of Artist SlideShow.
I used the method 2 from the WIKI with Creation of a Custom Skin skin.confluence.mod and just copied the two files into this folder: MusicVisualisation.xml and MusicOSD.xml.
Artist Slideshow is working for local mp3, but I see nothing when i stream music over the internet. I can see the artist name but no picture will be displayed. Is the Artist Slide Show working with streaming music at all ?

Someplace in the Confluence skin settings is an option to turn off background art. If you do that then you won't see that overlapping of images. As for the streams, some work, some don't. I'd have to see a debug log to give any more help than that.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2014-02-04

Hi

One thing I have just noticed this new version of AS seems stricter with regard to tracks tagged as Artist Feat somebody else. I am playing an album now and there are two tracks on this album where Artist Feat somebody else, previous versions of AS would just show the main artists artwork on these two tracks. On the new version of AS these two tracks are using the fallback images instead. Perhaps this is now expected behaviour but this is just my observation of something that is acting differently.

Many thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-02-04

I'd be interested in a debug log. There was no intentional change in the strictness of stuff, so I'd like to see if there is some other issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2014-02-04

(2014-02-04, 21:31)pkscuot Wrote: I'd be interested in a debug log. There was no intentional change in the strictness of stuff, so I'd like to see if there is some other issue.

OK no problem I will post up a debug log

Hi

OK here is the log file, I played the album Visions by Grimes and played tracks 10 and 11, track 10 displays her fanart and track 11 tagged as "Grimes feat. Majical Cloudz" displays the fallback images. 100% certain the previous version of AS did not do this and just displayed the main artists fanart for every track.

Cheers

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=124908

EDIT: Also worth noting as you said you'd made major changes when I installed it I also deleted all the local artist hash folders, as I wanted to try a clean install to test it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-02-08

OK, I see what's happening. There are two ways to deal with multiple artists. First, if you have multiple artists in the artist field, they must be separated by the XBMC defined separator. The default for that is " / " (space slash space). Second, you can do featured artists in the title of the song. Example:

Song Title: Say, Say, Say (feat. Michael Jackson)
Artist: Paul McCartney

When played this will give you images of Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson.

What you have is the feat. tag in the artist field. I think there's a way to change the XBMC separator, I just don't know what it is off hand.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - peppe_sr - 2014-02-08

Is someone experiencing random errors on the script while playing music? after a restart of xbmc it works again. last version from github
is difficult for me make a debug log.
Peppe

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2014-02-08

Hi

Maybe I was mistaken then, I just tried to play the same album and track 11 which is still tagged as "Grimes feat. Majical Cloudz" in the artist field, on my Windows 7 laptop, the version of Artist SlideShow on here is still V 1.5.9

No artwork gets displayed at all whilst playing this track and I haven't set a fall-back folder etc. So maybe it never displayed artwork for this particular track and I just thought it did.

So moving forward I now need to look at how its tagged to try and correct it.

Options:

1. Add a separator in the artist field e.g: Grimes / Majical Cloudz

or

2. Add the Featuring artist in to the song title field e.g. Nightmusic (feat. Majical Cloudz) and the artist field would just contain "Grimes"

Results:

1. Only displayed fanart for the artist "Grimes".

I then added the artist "Majical Cloudz" on to TheAudioDB.com website and added some fanart images, as I couldn't find them on Fanart.tv.
I then removed the Grimes artist hash folder and played the track again. But again only fanart images for "Grimes" were displayed and none for "Majical Cloudz".

Then looking in the folder where the artists hash folders get created I could see a new folder called 56eabeb8 had appeared, using the helper that folder is indeed for the artist "Majical Cloudz" however the folder was empty no images where inside it and no _exclusions.nfo file was present either.

2. Only displayed fanart for the artist "Grimes".

I then tagged the track as in option 2 and updated the music library to pick up the changes. I then deleted both hash folders for each artist and played the track again and its the same result. A new 56eabeb8 folder gets created for the artist "Majical Cloudz" but its empty.

I then double checked the AS settings that TheAudioDB.com is selected for artwork and indeed it is.

I tried to play this re-tagged track on both machines one with AS V.1.5.9 and the other is AS V.1.5.9.6 and both create the hash folder but it is empty on both machines.

Note - I do not have any "Majical Cloudz" albums in my library, they just appear on this one track as a featuring artist etc.

Thanks

EDIT: Here is a debug log file from the machine with AS V.1.5.9 and with the track tagged as in option 2.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=127311

Thank you