Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bolter - 2014-03-16

(2014-03-14, 18:51)pkscuot Wrote: I just added an Earth, Wind & Fire song to my library. AS properly got the MusicBrainz ID and then got images, bio, and similar artists with no problem. I would need to see a log file to help further.

First off, Thanks pkscuot for creating a great addon for xbmc and all your hard work.
It was a bit of a battle getting this addon for me working correctly, but with 1.6.2.6 installed it now runs 99% correctly.
sveni_lee and I have a similar problem (don't know if it's exactly the same, but here goes)

I can now get artist information, concert information etc. for every artist except ones with a comma in the artist name (example - Crosby, Stills & Nash)
I have used artist slideshow helper to fix certain artist in the past, but even when AS Helper tells me the name of the directory for say - Crosby, Stills & Nash it doesn't exist.

So I've found for me that any artist name with a comma in it, AS does nothing. It just seems to sit there, it doesn't even create the directory where the information would have gone. If I remove the comma from the artist name to say (Crosby Stills & Nash) it doesn't have a problem finding the artist.

Here is the log file. Hope this helps - http://pastebin.com/WXNVugFg

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-03-16

(2014-03-16, 00:43)bolter Wrote: I can now get artist information, concert information etc. for every artist except ones with a comma in the artist name (example - Crosby, Stills & Nash)
I have used artist slideshow helper to fix certain artist in the past, but even when AS Helper tells me the name of the directory for say - Crosby, Stills & Nash it doesn't exist.

So I've found for me that any artist name with a comma in it, AS does nothing. It just seems to sit there, it doesn't even create the directory where the information would have gone. If I remove the comma from the artist name to say (Crosby Stills & Nash) it doesn't have a problem finding the artist.

Something odd is definitely going on. Is there some way you can try AS with Confluence and the modified files I provide (link to the files on the Wiki page)? Alternatively, you can download my modded version of Confluence for Gotham from my github repo. There are other mods in there besides Artist Slideshow, but it might be easier than trying to mod Confluence yourself.

In looking through the log file, it looks like the PAPlayer never gets called, so it doesn't even seem like you are playing any music. Something is calling AS (I can't figure out what). When it does that other thing is telling AS that it will pass it the artist name, but then it doesn't. Additionally, I see that the extendedinfo addon is trying to find information as well, and it looks like it's looking for an artist named Crosby and then another named Stills & Nash. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but I did notice it. Lastly, it looks like you are running something identifying itself as Gotham beta2, and I'm assuming that's a nightly of some sort, as it doesn't appear beta 2 has been released. It would be helpful to go back to the official beta1 release. I'm not in a position to support or test on nightlies.

P.S. I will be on the US mainland starting tomorrow for a week and won't be able to do any testing or even respond much.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - LEDFan - 2014-03-16

(2014-03-16, 02:09)pkscuot Wrote: Lastly, it looks like you are running something identifying itself as Gotham beta2, and I'm assuming that's a nightly of some sort, as it doesn't appear beta 2 has been released.

@pkscuot: It was released taday, see point #3 here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Development_builds

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bolter - 2014-03-16

This might sound silly, but how is AS supposed to work in you modified confluence.

Edit: Confluence gives me all the info about Crosby, Stills & Nash and also scrolls though artwork when playing the music. But all this was scrapped by the universal scrapper.

It is now working in AN 4.1.9 after installing the modified confluence. Thank you.

Edit: Spoke too soon, it works while the music is playing. But if you go directly to the artist sub menu with no music playing, it will not add any extras like description, artwork etc.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-03-16

(2014-03-16, 02:56)bolter Wrote: It is now working in AN 4.1.9 after installing the modified confluence. Thank you.

Edit: Spoke too soon, it works while the music is playing. But if you go directly to the artist sub menu with no music playing, it will not add any extras like description, artwork etc.

That's correct. AS is designed to work with playing music, and, as you found, it works in the modified Confluence by playing a song and starting the music visualization. You might need to check with the skin developer to see if they're using AS some other way.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - warlion - 2014-03-16

this ones are the onload
Code:
<onload condition="!Player.HasAudio + System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)">SetProperty(CURRENTARTIST,$INFO[ListItem.Artist])</onload>
    <onload condition="!Player.HasAudio + System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)">SetProperty(ArtistSlideshow.ExternalCall,True)</onload>
    <onload condition="!Player.HasAudio + System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)">RunScript(script.artistslideshow,windowid=12001&amp;artistfield=CURRENTARTIST)</onload>
   <onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)">clearProperty(ArtistSlideshow.ExternalCall)</onunload>

using ESCINFO always giving me error

(2014-03-16, 04:07)warlion Wrote: this ones are the onload
Code:
<onload condition="!Player.HasAudio + System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)">SetProperty(CURRENTARTIST,$INFO[ListItem.Artist])</onload>
    <onload condition="!Player.HasAudio + System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)">SetProperty(ArtistSlideshow.ExternalCall,True)</onload>
    <onload condition="!Player.HasAudio + System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)">RunScript(script.artistslideshow,windowid=12001&amp;artistfield=CURRENTARTIST)</onload>
   <onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)">clearProperty(ArtistSlideshow.ExternalCall)</onunload>

using ESCINFO always giving me error

What skin is that from? I'm thinking it may be trying to use AS for something it's not designed to do. Specifically, it looks like this is trying to get AS to download information with no music playing. it looks like the skin file is trying to send a CURRENTARTIST to Artist Slideshow, but it doesn't seem to work. AS gets an empty artist passed to it and that forces AS into an endless loop where it returns nothing and downloads nothing. AS will just keep running until the unload condition is met for the screen.

While I guess it might be possible to have AS download stuff even with no music playing, it's definitely not supported. There are other add ons available to do that.

I did look at the AS wiki page, and I had some of the information about how to do external calls separated in a way that means you could miss an important step. I've updated the wiki to try and make the process clearer.

As an FYI, the external call functionality was added basically to allow AS to work when you are using the XSqueeze addon. That addon plays music from a Squeezebox, but it has to use its own internal player instead of the XBMC player. So I worked with the author of that addon to include functionality in AS that would make that work. To my knowledge, that's the only addon that uses the external call functionality.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - warlion - 2014-03-16

actually it works pretty well pkscuot it is from Aeon Nox 4.1.9

this onload
is for dialogalbuminfo.xml

and there is another one when a music is playing on musicOSD.xml

the only problem i see is when an artist had , (comma) as bolter mention

(2014-03-16, 05:59)warlion Wrote: actually it works pretty well pkscuot it is from Aeon Nox 4.1.9

this onload
is for dialogalbuminfo.xml

and there is another one when a music is playing on musicOSD.xml

the only problem i see is when an artist had , (comma) as bolter mention

I will have to see a log when music is playing. The last log posted had no music playing. I'm only going to be able to support AS when it is used as designed. It's worth noting that using AS as you have with dialogalbuminfo.xml may cause AS to not function properly when playing music. Given that the same artist works fine with the Confluence mods, there may be nothing I can do to help.

(2014-03-16, 02:56)bolter Wrote: Edit: Spoke too soon, it works while the music is playing. But if you go directly to the artist sub menu with no music playing, it will not add any extras like description, artwork etc.

AS is not designed to download information when no music is playing. I won't be able to provide support when AS is used in this way. You will need to take that up with the skin developer.

(2014-03-16, 06:56)pkscuot Wrote: I will have to see a log when music is playing. The last log posted had no music playing. I'm only going to be able to support AS when it is used as designed. It's worth noting that using AS as you have with dialogalbuminfo.xml may cause AS to not function properly when playing music. Given that the same artist works fine with the Confluence mods, there may be nothing I can do to help.

actually it work for me, im not having problems on my end , just sharing more information to inform you why the problem that bolter had
your script works great on music playing as intended ,
many of the problems for many users is that they are using AN 4 with this onload function ( but it works lol)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - back - 2014-03-16

Here is my debug log when i set AS to use both local and remote images:
http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?8e532e8a337594f9#WXnyqGpbhBOJSDsCPXBSUf+Dg9Ho1svNNGI0yEuh6dA=

Nothing showed up in the background, just the speaker.

Here is my debug log when i set AS to use remote images first:
http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?edf53aadd075bbbe#vThJOi0CMcoSahWgzzmxZ94WbKVbl1VHLXSz63Y6zrA=

I think the first song worked fine but when i changed song nothing showed up.

Are you able to see what is wrong pkscout?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - back - 2014-03-16

I tired one more time with the setting to use both local and remote images. I first played Katy Perry and it worked fine. When i switched to Boyce Avenue (which worked earlier) the speaker was shown in the background. Here is my debug log file:

http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?4e280633d44482d3#ZKscBTXKE8ANNgwQ7VwNdkNOAzM7LOFFbJx/gtj9Dsc=

(2014-03-16, 13:31)back Wrote: I tired one more time with the setting to use both local and remote images. I first played Katy Perry and it worked fine. When i switched to Boyce Avenue (which worked earlier) the speaker was shown in the background. Here is my debug log file:

http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?4e280633d44482d3#ZKscBTXKE8ANNgwQ7VwNdkNOAzM7LOFFbJx/gtj9Dsc=

It looks like your using some version of the Aeon Nox skin. If so, try another skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - rskadk - 2014-03-18

Is it possible to let the plugin download images with lower resolution - for faster image playback when playing a song?

Is there any good fallback images available, if they can't be downloaded? Smile