Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - guenter306 - 2015-01-02

Hi pkscout,

reinstall did not work. I still get the same error message and no artists pictures.
I uploaded the log file here (automatic upload did not work):

Kodi Log File for broken Artist Slideshow

thanks a lot
Günter

(2014-12-31, 15:05)guenter306 Wrote: Hi pkscout,

I did a complete re-install with Kodi and installed Artist slideshow too.
The Artist slideshow script starts and artist directories etc are created but then the script fails.
looking at the error log it seems that an incorrect path name causes the error.

Looks like my username "Günter" causes some trouble in one case and a wrong (non existing) path is used :-(

At this point I'm 99% sure that AS properly handles unicode characters in the path name, so I don't believe your username is the issue. I would try deleting the addon and all the data in the Kodi user data folder related to AS. Then reinstall it and see what happens. If that doesn't help, I'll really need a link to the complete debug log. Sometimes there are hints in places you wouldn't expect.
[/quote]

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-02, 15:52)guenter306 Wrote: Hi pkscout,

reinstall did not work. I still get the same error message and no artists pictures.

Try going into default.py and changing line 200 to read:
Code:
if xbmcvfs.Stat( tmpname ).st_size() > 999:

I don't know why os.stat is mangling the unicode for you, but let's see if the built in xbmcvfs function works any better. Unfortunately I don't have any easy way to test this, as my development machine is on OS X, and OS X doesn't let you have usernames with special characters.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - guenter306 - 2015-01-03

Hi pkscout,

I tried the new code. Does not work either.
The error message in the log file is different though:

It says that position 18 in the filename contains an invalid character with ASCII code > 128

Looks like the problem is not related to artist slideshow but somewhere in kodi itself.

I'll try to reinstall Kodi

Thanks for your help
Günter

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - grendizer - 2015-01-04

Hello, I juts installed Kodi 14 and Artist Slideshow.
After the addon's installation, where can I check if it is really installed? I went to settings > addons > enabled addons > visualisations > there I get the 4 default addons but no "artists slideshow".
Help?
Thanks
Gz

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mikeSiLVO - 2015-01-04

(2015-01-04, 03:46)grendizer Wrote: Hello, I juts installed Kodi 14 and Artist Slideshow.
After the addon's installation, where can I check if it is really installed? I went to settings > addons > enabled addons > visualisations > there I get the 4 default addons but no "artists slideshow".
Help?
Thanks
Gz

It's not a visualization but I understand the confusion... It is under the program add-ons section as well as a couple of other areas... I think... But I always use the program add-ons section under enabled add-ons in the addon browser if looking for it in that section.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - grendizer - 2015-01-04

Thanks. So I should go in settings > addons > enabled addons > and then ... ?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-04

(2015-01-04, 13:42)grendizer Wrote: Thanks. So I should go in settings > addons > enabled addons > and then ... ?

Program addons. You can also see it in the Programs section if you have that enabled on your home screen. Note that AS requires a skin that supports it. If you're using the default Confluence theme, you won't see anything, as that skin doesn't support AS.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - grendizer - 2015-01-05

Thank you PkScout.
I am using your customized Confluence skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - HansWursT619 - 2015-01-05

My Setup:
Raspberry Pi running latest Kodi openelec.
Skin is Amber.

Iam listening to Spotify over airplay.

For most artists the screen stays black, even though fanart.tv has images.

Is it maybe an airplay problem, that it is not reporting the artists correctly or AS not recognizes that the artist changed?

And how long should it take until an image is displayed? It takes quite some time, is the pi to slow the handle this or is it a limitation of fanart.tv? Because on my pc the site also takes relatively long to load the images.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-05

(2015-01-05, 18:16)HansWursT619 Wrote: My Setup:
Raspberry Pi running latest Kodi openelec.
Skin is Amber.

Iam listening to Spotify over airplay.

For most artists the screen stays black, even though fanart.tv has images.

Is it maybe an airplay problem, that it is not reporting the artists correctly or AS not recognizes that the artist changed?

And how long should it take until an image is displayed? It takes quite some time, is the pi to slow the handle this or is it a limitation of fanart.tv? Because on my pc the site also takes relatively long to load the images.

A debug log would be helpful. As for time for first image, it depends. The first time AS sees an artist it has to try and get the MusicBrainz ID and then download images. I've seen that take as long as 3 minutes in some cases, but I think for most mainstream artists it should be under a minute. After the first time, it should be almost immediate.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - askedal - 2015-01-06

Hi,

I have problem to get this to work. I downloaded your customized Confluence skin and activated it, but the addon will not start. I enabled the debugging (to send you a debug log), but I can't find the file.
Can you please help me with this ?

Best regards

Clas Hortien

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-06, 11:30)askedal Wrote: Hi,

I have problem to get this to work. I downloaded your customized Confluence skin and activated it, but the addon will not start. I enabled the debugging (to send you a debug log), but I can't find the file.
Can you please help me with this ?

You need to enable debug logging in the main Kodi settings as well as in AS. Once you do that, the Kodi log file will have more detail (i.e. there won't be a separate debug log file). Where that file is stored depends on your OS. On Windows it's in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log (I'm doing that from memory, so I think that's right). On OS X it's in ~/Library/Application Support/Logs/kodi.log. In both cases some of the folders are hidden by the OS by default )AppData on Windows and Library on OS X), so you'll have to figure out how to get to them through the command line or unhide them. No idea where the log file is stored on Linux.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Bullsboy - 2015-01-07

Hi and a very Happy New Year to you

I am a huge fan of this addon and it's always one of the things I show off to people! I mostly use it with music addons like the Radio addon and TuneIn. Recently one of the stations I listen to has changed the way it shows Artist/Track info from the traditional Artist - Track format into Track by Artist. Consequently the addon fails to find anything (I'm guessing it's looking for the track title as an artist). The station in question is TeamRock and they do the same thing on both Radio and TuneIn.

Is there any way the addon can work with this or should I listen to another station :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - wilmans2m - 2015-01-07

@pkscout : I really thank you for this great addon to XBMC. As i see into the wiki, downloaded info can be override with some local info. BUT is it possible to include in artist slideshow the option to save downloaded info into nfo locally. Usually I do not use XMBC to scrape info. I do it manually before adding it to XBMC.
Except with artist slideshow. I prefer to have locally all information.
But i do not know if it's possible with your addon.

By the way, happy new year Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - wilmans2m - 2015-01-07

well try the overrriding with no sucess.
my path to "local artist folder" is smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/"

My music folder is the same.
Music folder
/artist folder
/album folder
/override folder (for artistslideshow)
/albums (inside i have the picture of the album on artistsalbum.nfo)
/similar (inside i have picture from similar artist indicate in artistsimilar.nfo)
/artistsimilar.nfo & artistalbum.nfo & artistbio.nfo
/artist.nfo & fanart.jpg & folder.jpg

So according to the wiki i think i have the correct structure but artislideshow don't show up my info.
Do you know why ?

Thanks.