Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 13:53)Bullsboy Wrote: Hi and a very Happy New Year to you

I am a huge fan of this addon and it's always one of the things I show off to people! I mostly use it with music addons like the Radio addon and TuneIn. Recently one of the stations I listen to has changed the way it shows Artist/Track info from the traditional Artist - Track format into Track by Artist. Consequently the addon fails to find anything (I'm guessing it's looking for the track title as an artist). The station in question is TeamRock and they do the same thing on both Radio and TuneIn.

Is there any way the addon can work with this or should I listen to another station :-)

There isn't any easy way to figure out if the word "by" is part of an artist's name, the song, or a separator, so unfortunately AS won't be able to parse the information for that particular station.

(2015-01-07, 15:39)wilmans2m Wrote: @pkscout : I really thank you for this great addon to XBMC. As i see into the wiki, downloaded info can be override with some local info. BUT is it possible to include in artist slideshow the option to save downloaded info into nfo locally. Usually I do not use XMBC to scrape info. I do it manually before adding it to XBMC.
Except with artist slideshow. I prefer to have locally all information.
But i do not know if it's possible with your addon.

By the way, happy new year Smile

There is no option to save the downloaded information in the override location. You either need to just use the downloaded information or manually create the override .nfo files.

(2015-01-07, 19:05)wilmans2m Wrote: well try the overrriding with no sucess.
my path to "local artist folder" is smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/"

My music folder is the same.
Music folder
/artist folder
/album folder
/override folder (for artistslideshow)
/albums (inside i have the picture of the album on artistsalbum.nfo)
/similar (inside i have picture from similar artist indicate in artistsimilar.nfo)
/artistsimilar.nfo & artistalbum.nfo & artistbio.nfo
/artist.nfo & fanart.jpg & folder.jpg

So according to the wiki i think i have the correct structure but artislideshow don't show up my info.
Do you know why ?

I'd need to see a debug log to verify, but it looks like to me that you put the override folder in your music folder. It needs to go in the local artist folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - wilmans2m - 2015-01-07

Well here is the part of kodi log about artist slideshow
19:43:35 T:6432 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:43:35 T:4624 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:43:35 T:4624 NOTICE: version 1.9.0 started
19:43:36 T:6432 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 1.8.2 started
19:43:36 T:6432 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
19:43:36 T:4624 ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py:1288: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
return ''.join(map(quoter, s))
19:43:36 T:4624 NOTICE: finished

but i can't find specific log about artistslideshow. Where is it ?

I thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - RandyN - 2015-01-09

Quick question...are the instructions at the wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow) still valid? I have no joy in getting the skin.confluence.mod to show up in the Skins options. I only ask because I saw a post stating you no longer supported Confluence mods.

TIA

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-09

(2015-01-07, 20:47)wilmans2m Wrote: Well here is the part of kodi log about artist slideshow
19:43:35 T:6432 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:43:35 T:4624 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:43:35 T:4624 NOTICE: version 1.9.0 started
19:43:36 T:6432 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 1.8.2 started
19:43:36 T:6432 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
19:43:36 T:4624 ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py:1288: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
return ''.join(map(quoter, s))
19:43:36 T:4624 NOTICE: finished

but i can't find specific log about artistslideshow. Where is it ?

I thank you.

There is no specific debug log for AS. But you do need to go to the AS settings and enable debug logging for AS to put more information in the debug log. I know it's an extra step I forgot to mention. A number of developers felt strongly that addon developers should only put debug info in the debug log if the user set a setting, so I did that despite the fact that it means I either have to remember to tell you to turn on debugging in two places or have to tell you about it after I forgot.

(2015-01-09, 00:56)RandyN Wrote: Quick question...are the instructions at the wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow) still valid? I have no joy in getting the skin.confluence.mod to show up in the Skins options. I only ask because I saw a post stating you no longer supported Confluence mods.

I just updated everything, so the instructions should be valid now. I'm not supporting the zip files that update Confluence, but I did just add a link to my skin repo where I have a version of the Confluence skin that supports AS (along with some other modifications). I'm hopeful that some of the other Confluence mods will get updated for Helix soon, as at least a couple of those support AS.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - wilmans2m - 2015-01-09

OK pkscout. i read the debug log and found why AS does not take my local info. here is a part of the debug.
As you will see,
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking filename smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/AC-DC\override\artistbio.nfo
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] invalid or missing local xml file for bio

AS dislike folder like smb://.....i think it prefer \\DISKSTATION\....windows name other than linux name.

What do you think ?

Thanks.

[Artist Slideshow] checking for C:\Users\WiAR\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\e672cbe4\
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] C:\Users\WiAR\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\e672cbe4\ exists
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] no musicbrainz ID found in musicbrainz.nfo file
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] current artist is AC-DC with a mbid of
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking for C:\Users\WiAR\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\e672cbe4\
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] C:\Users\WiAR\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\e672cbe4\ exists
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] looking for local artwork
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] cachedir = smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/AC-DC\extrafanart
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] local images found
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] ArtistSlideshow set to smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/AC-DC\extrafanart
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady set to true
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking for local artist bio data
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking filename smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/AC-DC\override\artistbio.nfo
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] invalid or missing local xml file for bio
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] [Errno 22] invalid mode ('rb') or filename: u'smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/AC-DC\\override\\artistbio.nfo'
10:56:33 T:6616 DEBUG: Skin Widgets: Total time needed to request recent items queries: 0:00:02.832000
10:56:33 T:6616 DEBUG: Skin Widgets: Total time needed for all queries: 0:00:12.312000
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] trying to get artist bio from http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] cached artist bio info found
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking filename smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/AC-DC\override\artistsalbums.nfo
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] invalid or missing local xml file for albums
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] [Errno 22] invalid mode ('rb') or filename: u'smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/AC-DC\\override\\artistsalbums.nfo'
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] C:\Users\WiAR\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\e672cbe4\theaudiodbid.nfo does not exist
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] trying to get artist albums from http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/
10:56:33 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] cached artist albums info found
10:56:33 T:6680 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x4d, sym: 0x0113, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
10:56:33 T:6680 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (0xf083) pressed, action is Right
10:56:34 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking filename smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/AC-DC\override\artistsimilar.nfo
10:56:34 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] invalid or missing local xml file for similar
10:56:34 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] [Errno 22] invalid mode ('rb') or filename: u'smb://DISKSTATION/Musique/AC-DC\\override\\artistsimilar.nfo'
10:56:34 T:6440 DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] cached artist similar info found

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - wilmans2m - 2015-01-09

@pkscout

here is the full debug log. Change smb://DISKSTATION/Musique to \\DISKSTATION\Musique

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82ziftz9lu53tek/kodi.log?dl=0

I thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-09

(2015-01-09, 12:07)wilmans2m Wrote: OK pkscout. i read the debug log and found why AS does not take my local info. here is a part of the debug.
As you will see,

AS dislike folder like smb://.....i think it prefer \\DISKSTATION\....windows name other than linux name.

I found the problem. The function I was using to read the data from the disk didn't like the SMB paths, so I'm using an alternate method now to read the data. I confirmed on my test machine that I can now read overrides on an SMB share. This fix is included in 1.8.3~beta1. Assuming nobody reports any issues, I'll be pushing 1.8.3 to the Kodi repo this weekend, but if you don't want to wait, you can get the beta from my beta repo. You can download my beta repo from:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.beta.pkscout-1.1.0.zip

install that zip, and then check for updates. AS should update to 1.8.3~beta1 after you do that.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - jcjdammers - 2015-01-17

Hi Kyle,

I really love the ArtistSlideshow and your modification to the Confluence skin.
I have installed your modified Confluence skin in Helix and have one question.
The Confluence background image looks darker then in the original confluence skin.
I personnally prefer the original brighter image, so is there anyway that I can change this?
Thanks and greetings,

Jeroen

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-17

(2015-01-17, 19:08)jcjdammers Wrote: Hi Kyle,

I really love the ArtistSlideshow and your modification to the Confluence skin.
I have installed your modified Confluence skin in Helix and have one question.
The Confluence background image looks darker then in the original confluence skin.
I personnally prefer the original brighter image, so is there anyway that I can change this?
Thanks and greetings,

Jeroen

This is a tad off topic, but since I don't have a support thread for my Confluence mod, I'll answer it. I'm using Revamp as the default theme for my mod, and some of the graphics are slightly different. If you go to Settings -> Appearance and change the Theme to Classic, you'll get all the original Confluence artwork back. If you just want to change the background, you can grab the original Confluence background out of the original Confluence directory and then change the background.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - jcjdammers - 2015-01-17

Changing the Theme to Classic didn't had any effect.
Therefore I copied the original background folder to the modified Confluence skin directory and that worked.
Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mdillman - 2015-01-22

@pkscout

Thanks for the addon. I also used your skin-package so that I did not need to modify the confluence skin.
Works OK, just the "recently added albums" did not work.

A litte digging in the code showed a typo in line 96 in IncludesHomeRecentlyAddedContent.xml.
It needs to read
Code:
    <include name="LDPRecentlyAddedAlbums">
instead of
Code:
    <include name="LDPRecentlyAddedAlbumns">

Thanks,
-Markus

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-22

(2015-01-22, 11:11)mdillman Wrote: Thanks for the addon. I also used your skin-package so that I did not need to modify the confluence skin.
Works OK, just the "recently added albums" did not work.

A litte digging in the code showed a typo in line 96 in IncludesHomeRecentlyAddedContent.xml.

Mahalo for catching that. I don't use the recently added albums (I have it set to random) and never checked that. I've fixed it and pushed an update to the repo.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bebox - 2015-01-26

Hi ... first of all .. Kodi is just half worth without having a running AS :-) So thanks for all your heavy work!!

i am am working with on several Kodis .. WIN64 (4.0) - OE on NUC X86 & X64 (5.0.0) and my little Raspy with OE 5.00. On all devices same configuration as recommended but also tried out with other settings .. Still without having a Slideshow autostart (4 times pressing back on remote and everything is running fine. Visualisations are disabled. Tried several Skins ...

As you can see in Kodi.log line 4842 (10:13:20 T:2401278784 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 1.8.2 started) that it should work ? Here the log http://ge.tt/7BsCUz82/v/0?c

Let me know if i can figure out anything to solve this here ...

greetz from snowy austria

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 13:44)bebox Wrote: Hi ... first of all .. Kodi is just half worth without having a running AS :-) So thanks for all your heavy work!!

i am am working with on several Kodis .. WIN64 (4.0) - OE on NUC X86 & X64 (5.0.0) and my little Raspy with OE 5.00. On all devices same configuration as recommended but also tried out with other settings .. Still without having a Slideshow autostart (4 times pressing back on remote and everything is running fine. Visualisations are disabled. Tried several Skins ...

As you can see in Kodi.log line 4842 (10:13:20 T:2401278784 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 1.8.2 started) that it should work ? Here the log http://ge.tt/7BsCUz82/v/0?c

Let me know if i can figure out anything to solve this here ...

greetz from snowy austria

According to the log, it doesn't look like any music was playing was AS was invoked. At least not that I can see. Without any music playing AS won't do anything. Also, please go into the AS settings and turn on debug logging in the advanced settings and then also enable debug logging in Kodi. If you can duplicate the issue, post the log again, and I'll take a look at it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bebox - 2015-01-27

ok .. maybe i uploaded the wrong logfile?! So heres a new one: http://ge.tt/6NoCbL92/v/0?c

To reproduce i installed a fresh Kodi 14.0 and AS is still not Autostarting. Interesting is that XF1080 Skin does allow to force AS starting upon play - and THIS WORKS in a second after playing something ... Screenshot: http://ge.tt/1EZTcL92/v/0?c