Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - namirda - 2015-03-02

Thanks for your quick reply - that explains why I didn't understand the code in AS! Looks like the changes will not be worth the effort required!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - manfeed - 2015-03-02

(2015-03-01, 20:09)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 14:21)manfeed Wrote: Ok. Thank you, now I understand. My issue is that I'm coding a Music Visualization screen; my aim is to provide similar artists and discography information and their corresponding images while the song is playing. With similar artists there's no problem; would there be any way to get discography work in the same way? I mean, that AlbumName.1 and AlbumThumb.1 (and so on) only returned results if both had any content...

If AS doesn't get anything back for a particular album thumb or name, then that property will be blank. If you don't want to show the album name if the thumb doesn't exist, just check with IsEmpty.
Code:
<visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%d.AlbumThumb))</visible>

Or if you only want to show it if you have both:
Code:
<visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%d.AlbumThumb)) + !IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%d.AlbumName))</visible>

Ok, thank you, I will take it into account.

Still I wonder of what use is to fetch a result like valid when there's no image available, only the album name; at the end of the day the name's script is Slide Show, and if there's no image maybe it would make sense to skip that result altogether. Obviously it's just an opinion, you know better... maybe it's impossible to make that change in the code.

Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-03-03

(2015-03-02, 13:46)manfeed Wrote: Ok, thank you, I will take it into account.

Still I wonder of what use is to fetch a result like valid when there's no image available, only the album name; at the end of the day the name's script is Slide Show, and if there's no image maybe it would make sense to skip that result altogether. Obviously it's just an opinion, you know better... maybe it's impossible to make that change in the code.

It's possible, but as soon as I change it three other people will claim I have ruined their skin because AS no longer returns an album name even with no image. So AS returns whatever information it can get. The skin developer can decide what to do with it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - manfeed - 2015-03-03

(2015-03-03, 03:04)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 13:46)manfeed Wrote: Ok, thank you, I will take it into account.

It's possible, but as soon as I change it three other people will claim I have ruined their skin because AS no longer returns an album name even with no image. So AS returns whatever information it can get. The skin developer can decide what to do with it.

Ok, I didn't mean to ruin anybody's skin, of course... it was just a suggestion to improve your already wonderful script. I will try to make do one way or another.

Thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - manfeed - 2015-03-04

This is what I was working on, just in case you'd like to have a look...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212324

...thanks again for your help.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2015-03-05

I can't get Artist Slideshow to work on a clean installation of Kodi 14.2. It works fine on my computer with Frodo, but on my testbed (Windows 7 x64) it doesn't download any images. I've checked the the databases and they have images (no surprise with the Beatles, Sheryl Crow, etc.). I configured the options to essentially match my Frodo setup, but no results.

Since it's a clean install of Kodi, I'm assuming it's something obvious I've overlooked. What's the first thing I should check?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - JoeBlow42069 - 2015-03-06

Is it possible to only download 1080p artwork? I am getting lots of duplicate 720p and 1080p. Also, I want to have Artist Slideshow play on the home screen while listening to music. I think I need to edit the .xml somehow, but am unsure how to do it. Can anyone help me out?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-06, 23:39)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: Is it possible to only download 1080p artwork? I am getting lots of duplicate 720p and 1080p.

Unfortunately, no. htbackdrops lets you filter by size, but the other sources don't. So at some point I removed the option to filter by size at all. I suppose I could have a setting to throw out anything smaller than x, but then you might not get artwork at all for some artists. I can't think of any reasonable way to determine if you already have the 1080p version of an image.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-05, 11:15)hurricane51 Wrote: I can't get Artist Slideshow to work on a clean installation of Kodi 14.2. It works fine on my computer with Frodo, but on my testbed (Windows 7 x64) it doesn't download any images. I've checked the the databases and they have images (no surprise with the Beatles, Sheryl Crow, etc.). I configured the options to essentially match my Frodo setup, but no results.

Since it's a clean install of Kodi, I'm assuming it's something obvious I've overlooked. What's the first thing I should check?

A debug log would help. Make sure you enable the debug logging in AS as well as Kodi generally.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - JoeBlow42069 - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 02:53)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 23:39)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: Is it possible to only download 1080p artwork? I am getting lots of duplicate 720p and 1080p.

Unfortunately, no. htbackdrops lets you filter by size, but the other sources don't. So at some point I removed the option to filter by size at all. I suppose I could have a setting to throw out anything smaller than x, but then you might not get artwork at all for some artists. I can't think of any reasonable way to determine if you already have the 1080p version of an image.

If you can add a setting to filter out anything smaller than x it would be greatly appreciated. I just noticed that some of the artwork that gets downloaded is 768x768, 600x600, etc. and doesn't look that good in the slideshow. Also, is it possible to have the slideshow play on the home screen in Aeon Nox? I asked this question in the Aeon Nox forum, but never received an answer.

(2015-03-07, 04:11)JoeBlow42069 Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 02:53)pkscout Wrote:

If you can add a setting to filter out anything smaller than x it would be greatly appreciated. I just noticed that some of the artwork that gets downloaded is 768x768, 600x600, etc. and doesn't look that good in the slideshow. Also, is it possible to have the slideshow play on the home screen in Aeon Nox? I asked this question in the Aeon Nox forum, but never received an answer.

I'll have to think about how that would get done. AS would have to read some data about the image and then discard it if it's smaller than a given dimension. As for the square stuff, by default AS should not be downloading those. There is a setting to download images even if they aren't 16x9, but you would have had to choose that at some point. Check the main AS settings. It would be under each image source and say "download image regardless of resolution."

As for the Aeon Nox question, I'm afraid I can't help. That is definitely a choice for the skin and would have to be handled by the skin developer.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - JoeBlow42069 - 2015-03-07

Thanx for the quick responses pkscoutSmile Just fyi, I had to restart Kodi for any changes made to settings to take affect. Running Helix 14.2 on Win 7. Great add on btw, def one of my favs!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 02:54)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 11:15)hurricane51 Wrote: I can't get Artist Slideshow to work on a clean installation of Kodi 14.2. It works fine on my computer with Frodo, but on my testbed (Windows 7 x64) it doesn't download any images. I've checked the the databases and they have images (no surprise with the Beatles, Sheryl Crow, etc.). I configured the options to essentially match my Frodo setup, but no results.

A debug log would help. Make sure you enable the debug logging in AS as well as Kodi generally.

I apologize for this question, I have the Kodi.log file, but I've enabled logging in the AS add-on but cannot find its log.

(2015-03-07, 07:16)hurricane51 Wrote: I apologize for this question, I have the Kodi.log file, but I've enabled logging in the AS add-on but cannot find its log.

No worries. AS writes all it's log info to the main Kodi log. So if you enabled AS debugging and Kodi debugging, then everything should be in that one log file.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2015-03-07

(2015-03-07, 10:45)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 07:16)hurricane51 Wrote: I apologize for this question, I have the Kodi.log file, but I've enabled logging in the AS add-on but cannot find its log.

No worries. AS writes all it's log info to the main Kodi log. So if you enabled AS debugging and Kodi debugging, then everything should be in that one log file.

OK, here's the log:

http://bangkokdave.com/KODI/AS%20KODI.log