Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - TurboDiesel - 2012-07-19

Nice. Just wanted to say thank you for this great addon! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Lock70 - 2012-07-21

Hi ! I have found this plugin today and just install it .

do i need a premium account for it ?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - newphreak - 2012-07-21

Yes, you need an premium account.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mapu - 2012-07-25

(2012-07-13, 10:59)Possible Wrote: Hello,

I tried to install the newest version of Spotimc. However when i want to start the addon, i get the following error:

Error

Error in script mazkolain-spotimc-1.0-beta1-1-g064c53d.

After that, i see a grey background with a round loading icon in the middle.

Anyone knows whats the problem?

I am running into the same issue and finding few clues in my logs. I'm running the following:

OpenElect 2.0b5
1.0-beta1

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - JesseKlaasse - 2012-07-30

I have a question. I'm using OpenElec 2.0b5, XBMC Eden, Quartz Reloaded skin and SpotiMC 1.0-beta1, and I am running into the following issue: when I first start SpotiMC through the audio add-ons page, it's all working nicely. I can start playing songs from my playlists and so forth. When I click the home button on my remote (app), XBMC jumps to the main menu, and SpotiMC keeps playing nicely, showing the songs I'm playing. But, how should I get back to the SpotiMC console? When I just go back to audio add-ons and click SpotiMC again, a message appears, the current songs stops playing, and I can't get into SpotiMC again until I reboot XBMC. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a little bug?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - krul - 2012-07-30

(2012-07-30, 11:27)JesseKlaasse Wrote: ... When I just go back to audio add-ons and click SpotiMC again, a message appears, the current songs stops playing, and I can't get into SpotiMC again until I reboot XBMC. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a little bug?

I have similar setup and exactly same question/issue Undecided

BTW, great addon. Very nice work! Thanks a lot.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Gr8rtek - 2012-07-30

Thank you for this excellent addon! I've used this for several months now and like the simplification over compiling XBMC as with SpotyXBMC. I think it is quite admirable that you do your best to take time to respond to each individual question in a very thoughtful and sincere manner. I hope that your enthusiasm for this project continues, and that you continue to turn to this group of enthusiastic followers for help in maturing this wonderful addon that provides a perfect marriage of two of my favorite pieces of tech: XBMC and Spotify.

Thank you again, and cheers!

BTW - you might want to blunt up your interpersonal skills otherwise people will start to think you are not a very good software developer Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - krul - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-30, 22:58)Gr8rtek Wrote: BTW - you might want to blunt up your interpersonal skills otherwise people will start to think you are not a very good software developer Smile
Rofl

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Hetoft - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-30, 11:27)JesseKlaasse Wrote: I have a question. I'm using OpenElec 2.0b5, XBMC Eden, Quartz Reloaded skin and SpotiMC 1.0-beta1, and I am running into the following issue: when I first start SpotiMC through the audio add-ons page, it's all working nicely. I can start playing songs from my playlists and so forth. When I click the home button on my remote (app), XBMC jumps to the main menu, and SpotiMC keeps playing nicely, showing the songs I'm playing. But, how should I get back to the SpotiMC console? When I just go back to audio add-ons and click SpotiMC again, a message appears, the current songs stops playing, and I can't get into SpotiMC again until I reboot XBMC. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a little bug?

Same thing here. It seems that if you don't use the "Exit" button in Spotimc and go to another screen in XBMC, when you then want to go back to Spotimc, it doesn't work / crashes. Is it possible to fix this?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - biccies - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-30, 11:27)JesseKlaasse Wrote: I have a question. I'm using OpenElec 2.0b5, XBMC Eden, Quartz Reloaded skin and SpotiMC 1.0-beta1, and I am running into the following issue: when I first start SpotiMC through the audio add-ons page, it's all working nicely. I can start playing songs from my playlists and so forth. When I click the home button on my remote (app), XBMC jumps to the main menu, and SpotiMC keeps playing nicely, showing the songs I'm playing. But, how should I get back to the SpotiMC console? When I just go back to audio add-ons and click SpotiMC again, a message appears, the current songs stops playing, and I can't get into SpotiMC again until I reboot XBMC. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a little bug?

On the remote app for Android you just press the button at the top. I think the keyboard command is tab? It's the same as you should press if you have video running in the background or music from the default xbmc player.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - krul - 2012-08-01

(2012-07-31, 22:17)biccies Wrote:

On the remote app for Android you just press the button at the top. I think the keyboard command is tab? It's the same as you should press if you have video running in the background or music from the default xbmc player.

I have tried both (remote app and keyboard tab) but none worked. Problem is after a while XBMC goes into full screen mode with the visualizations, but from here I cannot figure out to go back toe the SpotiMC addon.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - KRKA01 - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-01, 23:23)krul Wrote: I have tried both (remote app and keyboard tab) but none worked. Problem is after a while XBMC goes into full screen mode with the visualizations, but from here I cannot figure out to go back toe the SpotiMC addon.

I have experienced the same issue. The only thing that i have found that works is to bring up the OSD using the keyboard and then choose the stop button.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - krul - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-02, 13:22)KRKA01 Wrote: I have experienced the same issue. The only thing that i have found that works is to bring up the OSD using the keyboard and then choose the stop button.

Which skin do you use? Which button are you referring to?

I am using the default skin which comes with openelec 1.95.5, not sure what the name is. If I know the button/action I can assign it temporary to one of my keys on my remote.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - KRKA01 - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-02, 13:48)krul Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 13:22)KRKA01 Wrote: I have experienced the same issue. The only thing that i have found that works is to bring up the OSD using the keyboard and then choose the stop button.

Which skin do you use? Which button are you referring to?

I am using the default skin which comes with openelec 1.95.5, not sure what the name is. If I know the button/action I can assign it temporary to one of my keys on my remote.

I use XBMC Eden on an Windows box and the Neon skin, but i do not think that should matter. I just hit the Enter key on the keyboard while i play music and the OSD (On-Screen Display) pops up. I have not tried to use the remote to access the OSD, but if you want to assign a key to the remote the action is OSD.

//Krister

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - krul - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-02, 14:13)KRKA01 Wrote: I use XBMC Eden on an Windows box and the Neon skin, but i do not think that should matter. I just hit the Enter key on the keyboard while i play music and the OSD (On-Screen Display) pops up. I have not tried to use the remote to access the OSD, but if you want to assign a key to the remote the action is OSD.

//Krister

Actually, the problem is not to launch the OSD itself, but to go back to the SpotiMC screen to select a different playlist for example. OSD to my understanding is just the screen overlay with the pause/play/stop/forward etc buttons.