Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - silvine - 2012-12-16

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably wait on the new beta.d

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2012-12-16

After I typed the above I realised I was the person that was most likely to create a correct zip file, since I had the addon working on my system. So that's what I did. I created an installable zip, which I have tested from the XBMC Frodo RC1 gui.

Remove your current version(s) of the Spotimc addon, then install zip like normal.

Download: script.audio.spotimc-1.0-beta3-FrodoRC1-workaround.zip (link removed - Frodo RC2 fixed the bug so no workaround needed anymore)

Disclaimer: I am not the addon author nor maintainer. This zip file is in no way 'supposed' to work. If you try it and it works, well good for you. If it doesn't - you will have to wait for a 'official' beta version of the script. This zip file contains a slighly modified version of mazkolain's latest "testing version" in which all calls to the xbmc.log() function have been removed and replaced with nonsense statements as detailed in this git commit. Just to state the obvious: this addon will not do any logging to the xbmc logfile, which makes it impossible to troubleshoot issues you might have with it later. Do not expect that.

PS. Mazkolain, I hope you don't mind - I am just trying to help some of your fans out.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - silvine - 2012-12-16

Downloading now. Out of curiosity how did you create an installable zip? Do you just download the files from github and zip them?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2012-12-16

To create the zip I removed all unneccesary files from my modified installation folder and zipped the entire folder (script.audio.spotimc) into this zip.
I also tested it afterwards by removing everything and installing the zip from XBMC which worked.

Browse XBMC while using Spotimc - joeranjensen - 2012-12-17

Hi

For those who want to browse xbmc while Spotimc is running.... I accidentally discovered that if you change user while using spotify is running, you get back to xbmc main menu and the spotify addon is still running. You can still change song, see whats playing (with coverart) etc.
I have shortbuttons on my harmony one to change users...

Just wanted to share this possibility Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - sandos - 2012-12-18

Just a little oddity I noticed. In the official xbmc android remote, "Now playing" correctly displays track/artist info, whereas the playlist is just some sort of URLs.

Yatsee Widget on the other hand does exactly the opposite, Now Playing does not show anything but the queue/playlist seems 100% correct.

How come?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Novin - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-16, 03:26)Kibje Wrote: After I typed the above I realised I was the person that was most likely to create a correct zip file, since I had the addon working on my system. So that's what I did. I created an installable zip, which I have tested from the XBMC Frodo RC1 gui.

Remove your current version(s) of the Spotimc addon, then install zip like normal.

Download: script.audio.spotimc-1.0-beta3-FrodoRC1-workaround.zip

Disclaimer: I am not the addon author nor maintainer. This zip file is in no way 'supposed' to work. If you try it and it works, well good for you. If it doesn't - you will have to wait for a 'official' beta version of the script. This zip file contains a slighly modified version of mazkolain's latest "testing version" in which all calls to the xbmc.log() function have been removed and replaced with nonsense statements as detailed in this git commit. Just to state the obvious: this addon will not do any logging to the xbmc logfile, which makes it impossible to troubleshoot issues you might have with it later. Do not expect that.

PS. Mazkolain, I hope you don't mind - I am just trying to help some of your fans out.

This does not work for me.. (using XBMC 12.0~git20121211.0918-rc1-0precise)

https://xyz.pp.se/~thnov/up/xbmc_crashlog-20121219_184638.log

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2012-12-19

I don't really understand debug logs very well - I am really more of a dabbler than a programmer.
Also spotimc logging is disabled so there is nothing in the xbmc log to troubleshoot the addon by.

On the other hand, you seem to be running a VERY similar version to me (I have 12.0~git20121211.0918-rc1-0precise)
I am running this on what I guess used to be xbmcbuntu but has since been upgraded to precise. (x86 running on an ION box)

It is intriguing, our systems seem very alike.

EDIT: just checked your debug log better. Our systems are nearly identical. Weird. I really can install this zip from scratch.
You could try deleting
/home/thnov/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.audio.spotimc &
/home/thnov/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc
then restarting the box and installing my modified zip. (Edit: link removed because it is not applicable anymore)

2ND EDIT: your box has the exact same issue that my edit should fix. Are you 100% sure you are running my modified zip ?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - nophbert - 2012-12-19

Got a very strange behaviour today. Perhaps i am not the only one. This afternoon everything was running as it should (ubuntu precise mimimal, spotimc beta3) but two hours later xbmc crashed everytime I started spotimc.

I removed the whole plugin .xbmc/addons/bla/blubb and reinstalled the beta3 zip and now everything works like a charm again. I am really happy about it but what the hell was wrong there? There were absolutly no changes made. Neither on the system nore on xbmc or any plugin...

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Novin - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-19, 21:17)Kibje Wrote: I don't really understand debug logs very well - I am really more of a dabbler than a programmer.
Also spotimc logging is disabled so there is nothing in the xbmc log to troubleshoot the addon by.

On the other hand, you seem to be running a VERY similar version to me (I have 12.0~git20121211.0918-rc1-0precise)
I am running this on what I guess used to be xbmcbuntu but has since been upgraded to precise. (x86 running on an ION box)

It is intriguing, our systems seem very alike.

EDIT: just checked your debug log better. Our systems are nearly identical. Weird. I really can install this zip from scratch.
You could try deleting
/home/thnov/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.audio.spotimc &
/home/thnov/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc
then restarting the box and installing my modified zip.

2ND EDIT: your box has the exact same issue that my edit should fix. Are you 100% sure you are running my modified zip ?

I removed both those before installing your version. I had some crash before that was specific to ion-platforms but i think that was fixed between b2 and b3..

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2012-12-20

It is just really weird that your crash is the same as the beta3.zip.
In other words: it seems to crash on a procedurecall that should not exist in the beta3-FrodoRC1-workaround.zip

The only thing I can think of is that the addon was still active on your system in some way.
Would you mind trying to remove both folders, rebooting the machine and then installing my modified zip ?
Please post the xbmc log as well.

I would like to troubleshoot this more because you have a very identical system to mine and I really don't see why it shouldn't work.

Novin, because of the RC2 release I just did the following:
  • updated xbmc to RC2 (12.0~git20121220.0939-rc2-0precise)
  • updated linux kernel to latest (23.2.0-35-generic-pae)
  • removed both addon and addon_data folders for spotimc script addon. (delete 2 folders)
  • restart my machine
  • choose never before used skin (not prepatched by the spotimc addon!)
  • install my modified RC1 zip
  • start spotimc addon, it shows an notice and then a login prompt. (if it doesn't you did not delete BOTH folders)
  • spend 10 minutes figuring out what my spotify password was, then login to spotify
  • Play music
I did as many steps as possible to replicate a clean install under linux.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - newphreak - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 20:37)Kibje Wrote: Novin, because of the RC2 release I just did the following:
  • updated xbmc to RC2 (12.0~git20121220.0939-rc2-0precise)
  • updated linux kernel to latest (23.2.0-35-generic-pae)
  • removed both addon and addon_data folders for spotimc script addon. (delete 2 folders)
  • restart my machine
  • choose never before used skin (not prepatched by the spotimc addon!)
  • install my modified RC1 zip
  • start spotimc addon, it shows an notice and then a login prompt. (if it doesn't you did not delete BOTH folders)
  • spend 10 minutes figuring out what my spotify password was, then login to spotify
  • Play music
I did as many steps as possible to replicate a clean install under linux.
No workaround needed in rc2.. now it works like it should again

Lol. I never thought to check that. Good to hear!

EDIT. I just noticed Mazkolain pm'd me the same.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Novin - 2012-12-21

Updated to RC2 and now it works. Also removed old addon, addon-data & local skin before install of spotimc.